Prodigy

Ormion

censored crap link, heres the uncensored version:

http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=bcpsV1ZKmgY

muchos gracias, Rez :)

I'd only like one with better visual quality ... is there any?

That's actually the second best videoclip ever :D

ah, I see :D

it's the best for me though...

Anything similar (video-wise)? Prodigy doesn't seem to have any :(

music for the jilted generation was the first cd i got from them when i was a kid (10 a 11 years i guess)

still my favorite...

The Heat, Speedway, Full Throttle, 3 kilos, skylined, etc.... all mighty fine tracks

Fat of the land i never really appreciated, except for a track or two (smack my bitch up is one)

With Experience they were kindof searching their way. Good first effort, but quality-wise it was totally blown away by Music for the Jilted Generation. Even if I liked Fat of the Land, I didn't really agree with their over-use of vocals. IMO that music would've worked much better without Keith Flynt and Maxim screaming all the time on top of the tracks. However, Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned was CRAP!!! Only Spitfire got my attention, the rest was so crap I'll never understand what the hell was Liam thinking when releasing it.

Liam Prodigy - Back To Mine http://www.discogs.com/release/614340 <-- Never heard this one.

Prodigy - The Dirtchamber Sessions Volume One http://www.discogs.com/release/150343?ev=rr <-- Liam was supposed to release a second chapter in this Dirtchamber Session series, but because of dissepointing sales.. It was canned.

Personly I as most enjoy the JILTED album most. The Narcotic Suite has always been a very special outro to the album with it`s heavy 3 Kilos and it`s Claustrophobic end. I did try these tracks on acid without a great wow amazing result though..

I did try these tracks on acid without a great wow amazing result though..

for that you should need more linearity, and repetitivity..

take steve stoll for example hehe :)

and idd, not much soundscape-like things innit afaik

Music for the jilted generation by far.....trip through party memory lane....

another song that needs to be mentioned here from "Music...": Full throttle...mmm....

The Fat of the Land was the beginning of the end of The Prodigy's greatness for me, it has some nice hits and fat beats but is ultimately pretty unsatisfying and lacks the depth of the previous two albums. Kind of a one trick pony. Some tracks are great but some are pretty crap.

Same for me....never gotten into The Fat of the land.....some good songs yes...but something was missing for me....perhaps it lacks soul....allthough that track Narayana (or something like that): excellent track!!

Never bothered for what came next.....

• 2 weeks later...

I DL'ed the Promo 'Invaders Must Die', surly this is a joke, a scam made by Liem him self to fool us. The music is terrible, edgy and fresh/hard. But terible.

This is not music for the Jilted Generation, this is music for the disturbed retired punk electro generation..

• 4 months later...

Jilted. I think it was even my first electronic album purchase, on cassette no less :P. Sadly its been lost in time...

Fat Of The Land is like a legend to me. It got released when I was hooked up in electronic music for good and considering the popularity of Prodigy back then it resulted to listen to this album for like a million times. Even the lyrics and the punk/rock influences rocked my world. I think it was the most mature album Liam produced, with bigger than life anthems. The three famous trackS Firestarter, Smack My Bitch Up and Breathe are beyond belief. The first one is dark and twisted, SMBU is a real stormer and Breathe... Well Breathe is officially for me The Electronic Hymn. (And it also has the best videoclip e.v.e.r.)

So after a tough battle I think my vote will go to The Fat Of The Land. But of course both Their previous albums are 11/10.

My vote goes to FOTL too. Those tracks were anthems for me as well, used to choreograph myself to smbu , breathe & firestarter as a teenager. I too must have heard it like a million times, the cassette burned out :drama: never heard such music before back then , prodigy was responsible for me getting exploring the electronica genre. Heard jilted generation after that , was blown away by that too, but because i heard FOTL first it remains my all time favourite album.

• 4 weeks later...

I think Prodigy lost it after "Music for the jilted generation". "Experience" was great too, but I have to vote Jilted for the best.

Didn´t like "Firestarter" or "Smack my bitch up". In my opinion the only great track made since Jilted is "Medusas path" on "Always outnumbered". :clapping:

Puh! Lots of namedropping there! :)

experience: handful of great tracks, rest decent or good

jilted: only great tracks!

fat: handful of great tracks, rest decent or good

outnumbered: 1 or 2 decent tracks, rest crap

invaders: 1 good track, rest crap

:D

problem with "experience" is, that most of the tracks here are remixes that are not as strong as the originals on the singles. the original of "your love" and "charly" (charly single), g-force 1 and everybody in the place (everybody.. single), fire (fire single), ruff in the jungle bizness are better on the singles (IMHO). nonetheless i would choose "jilted" over "experience", because it is more matured and a conceptual work rather than a track-compilation.

i do not care about the last albums and FOTL has its highs and it's ultra-lows.