The cancers of todays Psy scene

Ormion

Who said that Beckers, Ticon or Son Kite has ANYTHING to do with the Psytrance scene of today? ;) Minimal house promoted as psy by the people who want to sell, and slapped on their hands by the people that like psy, righfully so! ;) Ticon for me AND many others has not belonged to Psytrance for quite some while, its just you people that can not let go of their old more psychdelic stuff that still want to be hanging on to a thin thread cause you are not ready to make a leap forward and change your genre. :) But yeah, Dark Psy IS the pest of Psy trance for me, its the Cancer that can not be cured, the most awful kind of music man can imagine. THATS MY TASTE! ;) Please Call it Corpse Trance or Deadmans Emo Shranz, but do not associate it with Psy! :D (damn, I can see Ormion boiling by now!) :lol:

I'm not bowling! :D And I'm not a lawyer of darkpsy artists.

Look of course is your taste and good for you that you find darkpsy as the most disgusting thing ever.

But do you really believe that darkpsy killed our scene? How? If you said cheesy full on I would understand. Cheesy full on is soooo popular, but darkpsy is not popular. Not even close. And people would disagree don't know what they are saying.

The sales of darkpsy albums. The amount of ppl going to their parties. Not popular. How is possible to kill a whole scene?

Unlike what happened in 2000 when suddenly almost everybody switched from colorful, complex psy to minimal techno-ish stuff?

How can you expect people not to bitch by calling your thread CANCERS OF TODAYS PSY SCENE!!! :lol:

Ok, replace the word cancers with problems.

I'm not bowling! :D And I'm not a lawyer of darkpsy artists.

Look of course is your taste and good for you that you find darkpsy as the most disgusting thing ever.

But do you really believe that darkpsy killed our scene? How? If you said cheesy full on I would understand. Cheesy full on is soooo popular, but darkpsy is not popular. Not even close. And people would disagree don't know what they are saying.

The sales of darkpsy albums. The amount of ppl going to their parties. Not popular. How is possible to kill a whole scene?

Unlike what happened in 2000 when suddenly almost everybody switched from colorful, complex psy to minimal techno-ish stuff?

Ok, replace the word cancers with problems.

No, I believe that Dark Psy has nothing to do with Psy, that is all. It did not kill it, it just created a new scene, a scene which is horrible.

No, I believe that Dark Psy has nothing to do with Psy, that is all. It did not kill it, it just created a new scene, a scene which is horrible.

Are you talking about all darkpsy or artists like Morax and Infect Insect (aka 200 bpm artists).

Cause I agree that some darkpsy artists sound more and more like gabba/noise, but that's the minority.

Anyway. Instead of darkpsy discussion, maybe ppl should write their ideas about the problems/cancers/crappy stuff about todays scene.

Peace.

Are you talking about all darkpsy or artists like Morax and Infect Insect (aka 200 bpm artists).

Cause I agree that some darkpsy artists sound more and more like gabba/noise, but that's the minority.

Anyway. Instead of darkpsy discussion, maybe ppl should write their ideas about the problems/cancers/crappy stuff about todays scene.

Peace.

Why? You started this discussion, by actually blaming other genres, so you can not just say "Ok, lets skip Dark Psy, cause I like that genre". If you want to discuss, you have to be ready to hear shit about your beloved genre, just as I am ready for you to bash electro house... Not that Electro House is actually associated with psy...

No, I do not mean stuff that is 200bpm plus, I mean the stuff that you as well would say is proper dark psy. I download, listen 2 minutes and then I do a deep wipe and try to forget the horror that I just experienced.

You know what annoys me the most? Since I download mp3s to preview things, that I am later going to either A ) Dismiss or B ) buy , that I download Psychedelic, and all I get is some horror in my ears. For this reason only, I would like that it gets its own genre, so I dont have to even just listen 1 second to the shit. Its HORRIBLE ffs! :lol:

Just look at people on this forum that are asking for Dark recommendations, they want it to sound scary, horror movie samples, macabre... Yeah, thats dark.. and a bit EMO :D:lol:

A good example of how Dark Psy would sound is Darshan - Awakening.... now THAT is the proper stuff!

out here we are stoned x-dream remix :posford:

Yeah, thats pretty dark as well imo :) And it is pretty psychedelic as well.

As I just said on the Offtopic forum:

I just dont see the PSYCHEDELIC part of that music... Its like calling Death Metal, Psychedelic Rock, just cause it happens to have some samples and pads in it...

Why? You started this discussion, by actually blaming other genres, so you can not just say "Ok, lets skip Dark Psy, cause I like that genre". If you want to discuss, you have to be ready to hear shit about your beloved genre, just as I am ready for you to bash electro house... Not that Electro House is actually associated with psy...

No, I do not mean stuff that is 200bpm plus, I mean the stuff that you as well would say is proper dark psy. I download, listen 2 minutes and then I do a deep wipe and try to forget the horror that I just experienced.

You know what annoys me the most? Since I download mp3s to preview things, that I am later going to either A ) Dismiss or B ) buy , that I download Psychedelic, and all I get is some horror in my ears. For this reason only, I would like that it gets its own genre, so I dont have to even just listen 1 second to the shit. Its HORRIBLE ffs! :lol:

Just look at people on this forum that are asking for Dark recommendations, they want it to sound scary, horror movie samples, macabre... Yeah, thats dark.. and a bit EMO :D:lol:

A good example of how Dark Psy would sound is Darshan - Awakening.... now THAT is the proper stuff!

Ok first of all, I didn't say not discussing darkpsy, but let's not focus the discussion only to darkpsy.

Second darkpsy is not my beloved genre. SA psy is.

Darshan are great but not dark, they are dark-ish.

After all why darj must only be one of a kind? The Delta is dark, but Savage Scream too.

And of course macabre FTW! :D

Ok first of all, I didn't say not discussing darkpsy, but let's not focus the discussion only to darkpsy.

Second darkpsy is not my beloved genre. SA psy is.

Darshan are great but not dark, they are dark-ish.

After all why darj must only be one of a kind? The Delta is dark, but Savage Scream too.

And of course macabre FTW! :D

ANd yet, Im am sorry to announce, but The Delta has nothing to do with Psy Trance ;) Its some techno hybrid more than psychdelic. Just like Extrawelt or whatever artists that used to hang around our scene..

Pads in death metal, WTF? Pad-Metal? :lol:

To be honest I don't hear anything 'psychedellic' in nowaday music that's labeled 'psy', and that includes all of the subgenres. It seems like the definition of 'psychedellic' has been turned from 'complex, crazy, melodic, rhythmic, interesting' to 'simple, unmelodic, vague, plain, uncreative, dark'. Just dropping a sound into a track that sounds way off doesn't make the track psychedellic for fucks sake. It's not about the sound, it's about the effect of the entire track. You build little peaces together and make the whole track sound psychedellic, but yet make the listener interested throughout the entire track. That's the true genius of it, not some damn dark samples layered all over with a bassline, and expecting the listener to just like it. That's why I don't like today's music so much. It's because (almost) everyone is making music with a formula.

ANd yet, Im am sorry to announce, but The Delta has nothing to do with Psy Trance ;) Its some techno hybrid more than psychdelic. Just like Extrawelt or whatever artists that used to hang around our scene..

I was talking about the old good Delta :D

Pads in death metal, WTF? Pad-Metal? :lol:

To be honest I don't hear anything 'psychedellic' in nowaday music that's labeled 'psy', and that includes all of the subgenres. It seems like the definition of 'psychedellic' has been turned from 'complex, crazy, melodic, rhythmic, interesting' to 'simple, unmelodic, vague, plain, uncreative, dark'. Just dropping a sound into a track that sounds way off doesn't make the track psychedellic for fucks sake. It's not about the sound, it's about the effect of the entire track. You build little peaces together and make the whole track sound psychedellic, but yet make the listener interested throughout the entire track. That's the true genius of it, not some damn dark samples layered all over with a bassline, and expecting the listener to just like it. That's why I don't like today's music so much. It's because (almost) everyone is making music with a formula.

Lets please differentiate between goa trance and psy trance, PLEASE! :D

I was talking about the old good Delta :D

Last 2 have had nothing to do with Psy, and if you can admit that, then you should also admit that Dark Psy is nothing to do with PSY TRANCE. From now on, I will call it Dark Farts Emo Brew.

Just for the record: In middle and eastern Europe--at least here in Czech Republic--Dark psytrance is very popular.

Its not about how popular is, Skazi is also very popular, but its not psytrance for fuck sake.

Dali, Psytrance? IM, Psytrance?! COMON PEOPLE!

Lets please differentiate between goa trance and psy trance, PLEASE! :D

Last 2 have had nothing to do with Psy, and if you can admit that, then you should also admit that Dark Psy is nothing to do with PSY TRANCE. From now on, I will call it Dark Farts NEmo Brew.

fixed :P

edit: If this is not psychedelic, then what is?

Not only it's psychedelic in the crazyness meaning of the word , but in the literal (soul confession) meaning too.

Once again darkpsy is the bad guy.

Stuff like D-nox & Beckers isn't. Iboga records isn't. Minimal house promoted as psy isn't.

No darkpsy is the EVIL! Music made for young chavs, so stoned that they don't care for real quality. Just a bass and random sounds.

But back in 2000 when some artists decided than Psy is not interesting anymore, why not put some minimal techno in it? didn't kill the scene.

When Ticon and Son Kite came from nowhere and become the new trend everything was fine. But darkpsy is bad. It's fast, it's dark, it's hard=it's shit.

I know I sound harsh, but not liking darkpsy is one thing and saying that darkspy killed the scene is another.

How darkpsy killed the scene? It WAS never a popular sub genre, NEVER! Not even today.

Please check the Psyshop charts, this is the shit that killed the scene.

Music made for mykonos bars. Booty shaking dance stuff... yeah right!

Anyway, I don't want to start a war here. All of the above are IMO.

But once again darkpsy is the bad guy.

I was tripping on 2cb last weekend... I listened to The nommos, psykovsky and Derango(special thanks to a certain member ;) ) and it was the most psychedelic experience i've had in a looong time... We put on something ells, tried many different types of psy, but ended back up with the dark stuff... Everything ells just didn't seem to blow in your head and fuck with your mind like the mentioned artists did... We disgussed this before, and NO ONE could come up with a reasonable explanation on what PSYCHEDELIC music is... It's up to each person, wich music gives you the most psychedelic experience