Ozric Tentacles

Ormion

I've listened to some Ozric tracks on youtube and I was amazed. Now being a completelly noob about them can you inform me a bit?

Like where shoud I start? Essential albums, best album for a new listener etc.

I have only Erpland / Jurassic Shift & The Hidden Step / Waterfall Cities both readily available from amazon & which I would recommend. Waterfall cities being my favourite (& having the best cover)

For me, it's what rock would sound like if it wasn't shit :P

Just kidding rock fans but this is definitley more to my taste than regular stuff :)

Ozric was one of the first psychedelic acts I discovered back when I first started to be into that sort of thing. "Strangeitude" was the first album I got, then a few others including "Waterfall Cities" which I remember liking. After a while I got bored with their stuff cuz it was too samey and I had discovered Goa Trance which pretty much took over my musical interests. I should dig out out of their cds and give them a listen though, I had some awesome trips to them.

• 2 months later...

I last saw Ozric Tentacles live last September and they've taken on a little bit of a new direction they are now just a three piece Ed guitars/keyboards his wife Brandy on Keyboards and Merv from Eat static has reformed them and is playing drums. the set I saw was in a chill out area but I got the idea that it was new line up with a slightly different more dance music influenced than before chill out kind of vibe.

An acts with Ozric connections (there are more ex Ozrics members in them than anything ) playing uk psy clubs and festivals are an act called ZUb Zub who you might be interested in.

Yup as mentioned I would also purchase Erpland and Jurassic Shift. I think some of the older members left now.

If you like the albumz, I would say check out Gong, Mahavishnu Orchestra,Hidria Specefolk. Awesome bandz

:wacko:

Their live is awesome <3