Best chill track

Melancholyman

It's fun to open new topic. Here you can list one track and one track only!!! The best chill track ever made. I've come up to a conclusion about this.

Ishq - Happiness or Ishq - Smiling Buddha (same track different names on different cd's)

This track is so damn astoundingly great, it is the track that makes me feel most "tripped" while totally sober. Ofc this is not what makes the track so great, but it is a good characteristic. It's a shame I wanted to give the prize to Solar Fields, but......

What's you're number one chill track of all time?!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I loved the feeling it gave me.... Now i just get sad when i listen to it! :( Stupid emotions!!! Why you little...!!!

From what albums is the ISHQ track you're talking about?

VA - Gnostic Traveller and Ixland - Indigo Egg

Look @ Chilled Trance. Is it track 4.04 but under the alias Babaji? Second, one of my favourite ambient tracks is 4.6 :)

Could very well be the same song.

(By my own definition of 'Chillout', which can be similar to, but is not the same as Ambient. To me Chillout generally has beats, a more 'standard', song-like structure and more obvious use of melody.)

As it happens I use the exact same definition. The track I gave above definitely falls more into "ambient" than "chillout" but I figured that the OP intended a more inclusive definition.

Sasha - Baja

(By my own definition of 'Chillout', which can be similar to, but is not the same as Ambient. To me Chillout generally has beats, a more 'standard', song-like structure and more obvious use of melody.)

As it happens I use the exact same definition. The track I gave above definitely falls more into "ambient" than "chillout" but I figured that the OP intended a more inclusive definition.

Yeah it's always hard. If I say ambient, would even Bluetech be included? Maybe downtempo is a better description? We really should come up with a new word that includes both.

When I want to relax I listen to

Pink Floyd - Marooned

Chemical Brothers - Surface to Air

Paradise Connection - Source of Emotion

Maybe downtempo is a better description? We really should come up with a new word that includes both.

"Downtempo" covers both pretty well IMO.

skazi - hit n run

puts you to sleep

:lol:

I know I'm only supposed to mention one track, but I really want to say Ghostfriend - Moist as well as my last one.

That makes me wanna cheat too..

Solar Fields - Detection (Far & Extended) is a masterpiece.

Air song - i've heard it too many times now. It needs to cool down for about a year before I want to hear it again.. Great though. :rolleyes: