Dark Ambient

abasio

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just listening to this playlist on Youtube

I especially like the Ritual Ambient and the original Black Ambient by Moëvöt, must try and check more of these out :ph34r:

• 2 weeks later...

I love this stuff almost as much as goa. Have at:

I. Corax

Halo Manash

Zoat Aon

Zero Kama

Metgumbnerbone

Ugegi Aoiveae a Ser

Bestia Centauri

First Law

Megaptera

Lunar Abyss Quartet/Lunar Abyss Deus Organum

Inade

Predominance/Wolverine

Onirot

Rhythm & Noise/Naut Humon/Etc

Dead Voices on Air (especially How Hollow Heart)

Merzbow + Christoph Heemann - Sleeper Awakes on the Edge of the Abyss (not noise like normal merzbow)

Herbst9

Kammarheit

Maeror Tri

Shinjuku Thief

Hexentanz

Oophoi

Terra Sancta

Kaniba

plus everything dark ambient on the Cold Meat label which I didn't mention, including Raison D'etre's side projects... there should be plenty of room in this for you to explore. This ranges from everything from ritual ambient using human bones to pure dark ambient to stuff with a power electronics/industrial edge.

Enjoy. :)

BLOOD BOX - THE IRON DREAM

This album is fantastic. A mindbending trip. Very active and varied... shifting, warping, taking your mind just anywhere.

The range of sounds, frequencies and moods this album throws at you is unlike anything I've heard before in dark ambient. Actually, dark ambient is too limited to describe this music.

A big new favorite of mine, not just among dark ambient but electronic music in general.

• 3 months later...

Lull (Mick Harris' dark project) makes some very very eerie music. So does Rapoon.

I'm surprised that more psy producers don't try their hand at dark ambient (Juno's 'Luciana' being the only one that comes to mind). It seems like a natural fit with all those alien/insect/space sounds and motifs, especially in the dark psy scene.

I'm surprised that more psy producers don't try their hand at dark ambient (Juno's 'Luciana' being the only one that comes to mind). It seems like a natural fit with all those alien/insect/space sounds and motifs, especially in the dark psy scene.

Have you heard Dark Nebula's dark ambient side project, Orbit Constructions? It's great.

Have you heard Dark Nebula's dark ambient side project, Orbit Constructions?

*smacks self* I actually have a track by Orbit Constructions (on the Not My Cup Of Tea comp), but they completely slipped my mind.

...That's quite an evil sounding album, actually. Not at all what I would expect from the cover art. :P

Spor made this really cool (at least for me) dark ambient track. I find it pretty hypnotic. And perfectly done. Brought the heat to a simmer, added the right ingredients at the right dose and let it cook to get...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdoQ6eus43o