ekoplex - journey of the turtle

klimax

I usually don't write reviews, so this will be my first, because I think this album deserves full attention:

Into The Unknown(7:13)

Fizzgig(6:57)

Graxon(7:06)

We've Been Watching you(6:51)

Druid walker(7:10)

Modoc(6:52)

Quantillion X(6:58)

Journey of the turtle(6:43)

Mount At-Ak(7:04)

Beautiful Rainbow(6:48)

Overall:

I am listening to psy/goa trance some time now and have noticed that in today's mainstream the majority of psy/goa is not trance.

This album is something totally different. What if we add TRANCE to all sub-generes that have emerged from so called 'psytrance' ?

It becomes something truly unbelievable. Each track on this album will sound totally different in fascinating production, ranging in

Goa/Dark/Morning/Progressive. It will ride you through energetic fields of sounds, never heard before.

11/10

Oh, and I almost forgot: it's FREE

http://www.ektoplazm.com/free-music/ekople...-of-the-turtle/

• 2 weeks later...

I think the downtempo part in the middle of the first track, is way too long. Too bad, because the rest of it was good. Track 2 & 3 doesn't really speak to me. They are too minimalistic to fit the artist's style, IMO.

However, from track 4 and onwards, this album really picks up. I love the distortions and echoes in the melodies - just the right amount. The trippy sounds are also well picked. This deserves more attention than 2 comments from newbies :)

I've been listening to PsyTrance at work lately from my iPhone into a lousy sounding boombox. I just put all my unrated PsyTrance on shuffle and give them a rating as I listen.

Then I can decide which ones I want to DJ..

Well, to get to the point, at the end of the day, I see that I've given all the songs on this album 4 stars! (out of 5)

Maybe not perfect songs but pretty consistently good. Now I listen through some good speakers. It can only get better.

• 2 weeks later...