The few better Astral Projection tracks

radi6404

Lots of Astral Projection tracks are IMO a bit cheesy, generic and a bit too Israelian, they sound more like mainstream with indeet lots of euphoria but with mainstream structure and synthsounds, there are a few Astral tracks which are different and stick out IMO, you can write down your list of the sticking out ones, too but for me the ones which aren´t mainstream but true goa tracks with deep atmosphere are:

Soundform Remix

Danclng galaxy

Tryptomine Dream

Unbelievable Technology

Mahadeva

Mahadeva 96

Mahadeva 99

Ionized

Ambient Galaxy

Virtual booster

tracks like "Let there be light", Liquid sun, People can fly and so on are way too cheesy for me and never meant something too me, I guess that I´ve choosen these tracks from the disgography because I connect memories with them way more as with other Astral tracks, but I also think that many Astral Projection tracks are a bit too cheesy.

Now the winter has so to say arrived, and there are a few fresh tracks from Astral Projection which I enjoy listening in this time, the track "Tryptomine Dream" is a very fresh track fitting perfectly for the winter, the same applies for it´s ambient version "Unbelievable technology" and the same applies also for the double "Dancing Galaxy" and "Ambient Galaxy", just masterpeaces those tracks.

It's just impossible for me to not like all of their tracks except that one exception which is Amen (there is a few good tracks there aswell). There's nothing cheesy I find about them. I find suntrip's releases to be alot more cheasy then any of their old stuff to me. But that's just me.

Ambient Galaxy is probably my favorite of AP. Though, I seemed to have lost the original version of it. :- /

Anyway, wasn't there a new album in the mix sooner or later? Hopefully that one will be good.

It's just impossible for me to not like all of their tracks except that one exception which is Amen (there is a few good tracks there aswell). There's nothing cheesy I find about them. I find suntrip's releases to be alot more cheasy then any of their old stuff to me. But that's just me.

Suntrip indeet has some very cheesy tracks, all the Filteria tracks are just uber cheesy and I can´t listen to them for mroe than two minutes without turning the volume down a lot because there´s so much stuff going on and the melodies are played on God knows how many supersaw synths which jsut sounds exaggerated. Khetzal is also very cheesy and indeet Astral Projection isn´t that cheesy, but "People can fly" for example is one of the few as cheesy tracks as Filteria or the cheesiest Khetzal, sorry but that´s what I think.

Suntrip indeet has some very cheesy tracks, all the Filteria tracks are just uber cheesy and I can´t listen to them for mroe than two minutes without turning the volume down a lot because there´s so much stuff going on and the melodies are played on God knows how many supersaw synths which jsut sounds exaggerated. Khetzal is also very cheesy and indeet Astral Projection isn´t that cheesy, but "People can fly" for example is one of the few as cheesy tracks as Filteria or the cheesiest Khetzal, sorry but that´s what I think.

Well sure I do favour some tracks more then others, but I'd have to list almost their whole discography just by making a top favourite track list hehe. I even like their old SFX stuff. I hope they deliver with their next album, but times have changed..

Apparently we have opposite tastes radi.

I find everything from Dancing Galaxy and on just dull. Even Astral Files I don't really like.

For me the best of AP is Let There Be Light, Mahadeva (and NOT any remix, only the original), all TiT3 except Aurora Borealis. I quite like Dancing Galaxy and Soundform, and IMO Liquid Sun is a masterpiece. Some of TiT2 are also nice.

EDIT: oh yes, and they don't know how to make ambient tracks IMO. I just hate to hear those remixes. Depends on taste of course but I'd like something different and innovative.

I tend to agree with you about Filteria being cheesy even though he seems to evolve alot in the "good" direction. But I can't understand how Khetzal is cheesy? Except perhaps for the 2/3 of Ganesha Pramana, all his tracks are very solid and coherent.

and IMO Liquid Sun is a masterpiece.

+1 :)

Btw u didn't like Another World - the album?

Anywho, I think the biggest reason I love these guys so much is that their music has so much replay value. And it has inspired so many new talents that are rising up these days. Not to sound too corny, but their music belongs in a special place in my heart. :)

+1 :)

Btw u didn't like Another World - the album?

Anywho, I think the biggest reason I love these guys so much is that their music has so much replay value. And it has inspired so many new talents that are rising up these days. Not to sound too corny, but their music belongs in a special place in my heart. :)

No, I didn't like it at all. I think what I dislike in everything after TiT3 is the change of their sound when it comes to melodies. They use some kind of different synth I think and I don't like it. I also think their melodies are far less solid than their earlier ones. They are not all bad, but not really good either.

And I'm now listening to Tryptomine Dream and I have to say it's not bad at all. I will try in the future to give them more listens. But I doubt I'll like them more than their earlier work.

No, I didn't like it at all. I think what I dislike in everything after TiT3 is the change of their sound when it comes to melodies. They use some kind of different synth I think and I don't like it. I also think their melodies are far less solid than their earlier ones. They are not all bad, but not really good either.

And I'm now listening to Tryptomine Dream and I have to say it's not bad at all. I will try in the future to give them more listens. But I doubt I'll like them more than their earlier work.

My personal observation is that with Another World they went more trancey with their production. Since I was an avid trance fan the album really hit me hard. But it's all down to tastes anyway. :)

My personal observation is that with Another World they went more trancey with their production. Since I was an avid trance fan the album really hit me hard. But it's all down to tastes anyway. :)

True, they are a bit more trancey than in Trust in Trance compilations, but they are still very psychedelic and atmospheric IMO. I like that they use lots of layers to make a very deep and fresh atmosphere, they still don´t have as much layers as some of the newschool artists.

so many good trcks by them, but i do prefer the prophecy to many of their old actually, better style. gotta play that track soon, partyppl really seem to lose it on that tune, including me.

The Prophecy by MFG you mean? Weren't they inspired by AP or something. Got this vague idea in my head that they were kinda AP's apprentices (slap me if this is bullshit)

I prefer them over AP anyway cause they tend to sound less "fluffy" :P

The Prophecy by MFG you mean? Weren't they inspired by AP or something. Got this vague idea in my head that they were kinda AP's apprentices (slap me if this is bullshit)

I prefer them over AP anyway cause they tend to sound less "fluffy" :P

Actually there is a track by AP which is called The Prophecy. I think he meant this one.

Actually there is a track by AP which is called The Prophecy. I think he meant this one.

I´ve never heart of such a track but there are tracks with doublenames, Aurora Borealis was called ocean on some compilations I think.

I´ve never heart of such a track but there are tracks with doublenames, Aurora Borealis was called ocean on some compilations I think.

It's actually an EP: http://www.discogs.com/release/983089

Lots of Astral Projection tracks are IMO a bit cheesy, generic and a bit too Israelian,

You've changed your tune a lot. I thought you believed AP (especially the early work) to be the badger's nadgers!