Hidden Tracks

Insejn

Well on vinyl you can see the tracks, so that would have been something of a giveaway.

Was just about to say that. Altho.. if they're clever enough they could of just recorded silent noise instead of silence untill the next track starts. That would maybe make it seem like theres a track there.

Well on vinyl you can see the tracks, so that would have been something of a giveaway.

You are thinking of today's vinyl buyer, the music otaku that spends time staring at the disc before he even puts it on. Back in the day when vinyl was the only format available the majority of buyers didn't look too intently at the grooves & just put it on.

Same thing on Delta - Minusman. 6 minutes of silence. Why?

Yeah, about that... Where can I buy it?!? It's not at either psyshop or saikosounds...

Anywho, in order to not hijack the thread: I like Deedrah's remix of Cypher - Alternet. It works great as a nice surprise after a listening-track heavy album.

- A

M's Pop Music on 12" here actually had two tracks aligned on side A together.

So when you put down the needle you don't know which track you'll get <_<

Not quite sure if this qualifies as a hidden track though :unsure:

M's Pop Music on 12" here actually had two tracks aligned on side A together.

So when you put down the needle you don't know which track you'll get <_<

Not quite sure if this qualifies as a hidden track though :unsure:

Great!! That is a very *very* good idea. Thinking outside the box... Not good for DJing though.

- A

So why do they do it? Is it because they think the listeners will believe the album is finished when in fact it's not?

hidden tracks can work when your listening to an album and tripping so hard you forget the cd's finished and then sort of come to when the track starts and think what the fuck is this?

e.g. sattel battle's sounds cool hidden track. it's ridiculous, but in a good way.

hidden tracks can work when your listening to an album and tripping so hard you forget the cd's finished and then sort of come to when the track starts and think what the fuck is this?

e.g. sattel battle's sounds cool hidden track. it's ridiculous, but in a good way.

I don't trip.

First:

Thanks for some of you's kind words. ^_^

Second:

I think hidden tracks can be a very nice bonus, however I do agree that it is annoying to have to wait or fast-forward thru several minutes of silence to get to the bonus track.

For this reason, on my album I made both the "silence" and the hidden track as separate tracks on the cd (i.e. tracks 11 and 12 even though the cover only listed 10 tracks) so that it is easy to just skip forward if you want, or not include the "silence" track in your playlist. Also the "silence" is only 2 minutes long so it's not a long wait even if you don't skip, and it actually kinda rewards listeners who dont skip it. ^_^

I feel this was a good compromise.

First:

Thanks for some of you's kind words. ^_^

Second:

I think hidden tracks can be a very nice bonus, however I do agree that it is annoying to have to wait or fast-forward thru several minutes of silence to get to the bonus track.

For this reason, on my album I made both the "silence" and the hidden track as separate tracks on the cd (i.e. tracks 11 and 12 even though the cover only listed 10 tracks) so that it is easy to just skip forward if you want, or not include the "silence" track in your playlist. Also the "silence" is only 2 minutes long so it's not a long wait even if you don't skip, and it actually kinda rewards listeners who dont skip it. ^_^

I feel this was a good compromise.

Was perfect in my opinion. When I first listened to the CD, it was a nice surprise & when I put it on my ipod I could just not include the silent track.