Psytrance and intelligence

buzzman

Narrowmindness has really nothing to do with intelligence at all.

And Goa Bill, why aren´t you so honest and just say I am plain stupid instead of hiding it, Feathers is one of the more intelligent peole out there but he is very direct and tells everoyne his opinion and says whether someone is dumb or not.

I wasn't referring to anyone :blink:

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

psy-gurlz :rolleyes::wub:

Hairy hippie girls :blink:

Seriously, I used to have preconceptions about people who listened to Goa. I thought people were nicer, more open minded & intelligent but since then I have met many Goa fans that are 1. Nasty fucks, 2. Totally closed minded and 3. Dumb as dumb can be. Just like in every scene.

Although some scenes attract a certain type of person, I think the goa scene has more friendly & relaxed people than say the Death Metal scene but all scenes have all sorts of people & saying someone is intelligent because they listen to Psy is too large a generalisation.

not the hairy ones :P

Then they are not real hippies :P

I like Japanese psy girls because although they have the cool hippie style, they still shower, shave & are really materialistic deep down :drama:

Hairy female hippies...

LOL...

:P

I can't think of anything more smelly and annoying.

+ 6 screaming babies (the product of free love and using leaves as contraception)

I've thought about this sometimes... When you see people who don't understand psytrance, but listen to hardstyle or electro and stuff like that.. It's usually the hooligan type, or just slight retarted people(not tojudge ALL hardstyle fans). Can it be, that their brain just isn't strong enough to process all the different layers and sounds of psytrance, so that they will never be able to experience the beauty in a "grower"(you know the tracks that we need to listen to several times before understanding it). That they can't disconnect the sounds, and feel each instruments. Caus if you can't do that, it's no wonder it just sounds like noise to them.

I know some "rather dumb" people who are into fullon like the new INfected mushroom, Growling machines, GMS-enjoy the silence(shit like that) wich is IMO empty music, just like hardstyle. They say they love psytrance ( :lol: ) but every time i put on something REAL, they don't like it.

Maybe my theory is just bullshit, caus i know alot of intelligent people, who DON*T like psytrance, but then again, they aren't into electronic music at all.

Any experiene or theories on this?

One word:

Radi.

Hairy hippie girls :blink:

Seriously, I used to have preconceptions about people who listened to Goa. I thought people were nicer, more open minded & intelligent but since then I have met many Goa fans that are 1. Nasty fucks, 2. Totally closed minded and 3. Dumb as dumb can be. Just like in every scene.

Although some scenes attract a certain type of person, I think the goa scene has more friendly & relaxed people than say the Death Metal scene but all scenes have all sorts of people & saying someone is intelligent because they listen to Psy is too large a generalisation.

since these people http://www.darkane.com/ are personal friends of mine, I know a thing or two about death metal, and I must say, those people are the fucking bomb! :) By the way, you should check out the bands drummer, hes one of the best drummers ive ever heard in my whole life! :D (Peter Wildoer) :D

check him out on YouTube :D

edit: lol found this:

(they made a diary of their album recording) wackos! :)

and this interview is pretty interesting with Peter Wildoer

i think the reason most of ppl don't appreciate psy music is that they consider music as a background noise to the times they socialize or party. they don't want to pay attention to every single detail of the music, rather they want to have beatles and bob marley playing on background and sing with it every once in a while (and i think it's because of same reason that pop music always has vocals, because it's much easier to attract ppls attention to some crap that you're singing compared to complicated layered tunes)

Not too long ago I put some etnica-tracks on my friends' mp3 player (he's into hiphop / mainstream stuff) and he said he could enjoy it somewhat but he can't listen to it all the time cause it drives him crazy. It was okay as background music he said. Made me think about patience one has for music..

He (and most of my friends) really liked Hunab Ku - Matrix though :P

since these people http://www.darkane.com/ are personal friends of mine, I know a thing or two about death metal, and I must say, those people are the fucking bomb! :) By the way, you should check out the bands drummer, hes one of the best drummers ive ever heard in my whole life! :D (Peter Wildoer) :D

check him out on YouTube :D

edit: lol found this:

(they made a diary of their album recording) wackos! :)

and this interview is pretty interesting with Peter Wildoer

+1 Metal heads are a lot friendlier/chilled than most ppl think.

+1 Metal heads are a lot friendlier/chilled than most ppl think.

Yep! All their rage comes out in the music, or so are the ones I've met. Still, when going to metal pits there have been some not so chilled characters :ph34r:

Not too long ago I put some etnica-tracks on my friends' mp3 player (he's into hiphop / mainstream stuff) and he said he could enjoy it somewhat but he can't listen to it all the time cause it drives him crazy. It was okay as background music he said. Made me think about patience one has for music..

He (and most of my friends) really liked Hunab Ku - Matrix though :P

In most cases hiphop fans are very closeminded towards other types of music and wont even allow their mids to dick psytrance. I´ve also experienced that girls are more likely to allow their minds to listen psytrance then boys. But usually ost people like their style and are unlikely to be attracked by another style because they want to stay loyal to their styles.

In most cases hiphop fans are very closeminded towards other types of music and wont even allow their mids to dick psytrance. I´ve also experienced that girls are more likely to allow their minds to listen psytrance then boys. But usually ost people like their style and are unlikely to be attracked by another style because they want to stay loyal to their styles.

True but that can be said equally about people who are into lot of other genres including psytrancers. Are you any different yourself?

Really?

I've met very few women that actually liked psytrance & weren't just going along with their boyfriend's taste!

True but that can be said equally about people who are into lot of other genres including psytrancers. Are you any different yourself?

Depends, I like some Rammstein and other Industrial metall. But sometiems I really can´t dick a certain track and then I have a very hard time forcing me to like it because others say so but it doesn´t work.

Abasio, yes, if the girls are crazy enough like of a good frien´ds girlfriend they will be openminded and listen to goatrance, for them it sounds crazy so they like it.

There are retards in every genre.

Since I'm into classical piano music these days (among other things) I've been all over Youtube, enjoying recordings from pianists etc.

One time I found an old and obscure recording of some composer playing his own work and I expected to read interesting and intelligent comments there. Normally I don't read much Youtube comments, because it's usually a lot of flaming and trolling etc.

But the video I found was the last place on Youtube where I would except such things. Boy was I wrong..... you wouldn't believe the flaming, insults and narrow minded people posting there.

To think that such people also like classical music and somehow end up watching the same video, posting crap like that... it was kind of disappointing.

I've experienced the exact opposite. Very far between girls i meet, who don't look stupid at me, when i play some music for them