Minimal

Sideffect...

since off topic is closed for a moment and we had an active 'minimal' topic I was thinking

creating a new one,

since lately when it comes to electronic music minimal is all I listen too,

had some good experiences this summer, heard some nice dj sets and I love it :)

number one at this moment and listening right now :

Gui Boratto - Chromophobia (I like the way he uses his kicks and does not overload the bass what some do imo)

a list of nice tracks I pulled of the Belgian psy forum (copy/paste)

alter breed - pigs and cows

miki litvak & ido ophir - shnorkel (dousks excl. gems edit)

oxia - domino

antix - blew (beckers rmx)

la baaz - dance floor propeller

Minilogue - The Leopard (extrawelt remix)

Butch - Earth

heartthrob -signs

Sarah Goldfarb - Sport Billy

James Holden - idiot

james Holden - Lump

Ricardo Tobar - El Sunset

Nathan Fake - Out House (Valentino rmx)

Nathan Fake & Extrawelt - The Sky was Pink

Stephan Bodzin - kerosene

Stephan Bodzin - Liebe Ist

Ellen Alien - Jet

Ellen Alien - Sehnsucht

Ricardo Tabor - Made

Fairmont - Gazebo

Martin Buttrich - Hunter

deadmau5 - not exactly

deadmau5 - faxing berlin

dave swayze - goldwave

guy gerber & shlomi aber - sea of sand

Exercise one - All Out van op Lan music

David Labedeij - You be bob

Polder (Lauhaus en David Labeij) - Dirty ol burt

Dan Berkson en James What - If i was a man (Pokerflat)

Marcin Czubala - Super Conny

Perfect Stranger & Dj Pena - Ode Oa Sol (Moonbeam Rmx)

Antix - Seven Seas (FM radio Gods & Tapwatr rmx)

Positive Thinking (Sam Ball rmx) by Dj Pena

moonbeam - cocoon (sunset mix)

D-Nox & Beckers - Keep On (Velkro & Ido Ophir rm

shoot and share :posford:

• 3 weeks later...

Nathan Fake - Out House (Valentino rmx)

Martin Buttrich - Hunter

Hi. Out of the whole list of tracks you made, these are the only two I like.

Martin Buttrich turned the globe upside down with his instant classic Full Clip back in '06, and I urge you to get it if your taste is to be judged by the above list, and Hunter is ace as well despite the fact it is obviously light centuries behind the aforementioned tune. Too bad the flip side does not match it.

Nathan Fake's Out House.... Aw, the memories. It tore clubs up not too long ago. The original is still #1, with that long, subtle and amazing progression going on for what seems like an acoustical infinity...

And naturally, last year's minimal hit, Pan Pot's Charly 12", where the original is just sooooooooooo entertaining, while the flip side's remix is disposable, IMHO only.

As for my other picks, recently I have been bumping Josh Wink's Swirl 12", the low-down-&dirty Collabs 401 by Jochem 'n' George Issakidis, and the immaculte, perfect, slick, sly and too good for your ears to believe, Jared Wilson's Jared Wilson's Drug Related Stories 12".

As for CD albums, Alex Under's undisputable classic "Dispositivos De Mi Granja" just refuses to leave my CD player, and unless you have been on a long vacation under a rock, you somehow missed Petar Dundov's fresh and magnificent come back, "Escapements", on Music Man Records. Last year's "Nightwidth" album by Anders Ilar was a breath of fresh air within the niche of minimalist copy pasters, with the opener tune Radius being the tightest bomb on the entire album, while any early comments on his last output, "Sworn", would be very appreciated! Have phun, and drop by some more recommandations please if you stumble upon anything interesting.

Hi. Out of the whole list of tracks you made, these are the only two I like.

Martin Buttrich turned the globe upside down with his instant classic Full Clip back in '06, and I urge you to get it if your taste is to be judged by the above list, and Hunter is ace as well despite the fact it is obviously light centuries behind the aforementioned tune. Too bad the flip side does not match it.

Nathan Fake's Out House.... Aw, the memories. It tore clubs up not too long ago. The original is still #1, with that long, subtle and amazing progression going on for what seems like an acoustical infinity...

And naturally, last year's minimal hit, Pan Pot's Charly 12", where the original is just sooooooooooo entertaining, while the flip side's remix is disposable, IMHO only.

As for my other picks, recently I have been bumping Josh Wink's Swirl 12", the low-down-&dirty Collabs 401 by Jochem 'n' George Issakidis, and the immaculte, perfect, slick, sly and too good for your ears to believe, Jared Wilson's Jared Wilson's Drug Related Stories 12".

As for CD albums, Alex Under's undisputable classic "Dispositivos De Mi Granja" just refuses to leave my CD player, and unless you have been on a long vacation under a rock, you somehow missed Petar Dundov's fresh and magnificent come back, "Escapements", on Music Man Records. Last year's "Nightwidth" album by Anders Ilar was a breath of fresh air within the niche of minimalist copy pasters, with the opener tune Radius being the tightest bomb on the entire album, while any early comments on his last output, "Sworn", would be very appreciated! Have phun, and drop by some more recommandations please if you stumble upon anything interesting.

some nice recommendations thanx :)

My good friends (so I might be a bit bias) just started a new minimal label here Cph and they have been throwing a lot of good parties lately. They have only just released 3 vinyl EPs, so its all very new, but they had a guy make some "music videos"/visuals (who did it out of interest), apparently the guy is a professor (or Phd?) in minimal art at the danish art academy :drama: anyways u can see the videos on their website:

http://jatounit.de/wordpress/?page_id=60

I especially like the Ripchord - Trill one!

• 2 weeks later...

Wait, you like deadmau5? Oh god no.

Shiva Chandra for psy minimal

and Shiva shidapu (unrelated to shiva chandra btw) for goa minimal.

Both absolutely awesome.

Well, this IS the non-psy section of the board ;) And for good minimal, I would say Midimiliz? :)

• 2 months later...

Wait, you like deadmau5? Oh god no.

Shiva Chandra for psy minimal

and Shiva shidapu (unrelated to shiva chandra btw) for goa minimal.

Both absolutely awesome.

deadmau5 is pretty ok,

the shiva's :D I know and is not what I'm looking for, thanx anyway ;)

I'm not that into minimal, but I'm planning to check it more out because I'm really intrigued on how minimal seem to create more dynamics but with the use of minimal sounds.

Trentemøller comes to mind, although he is not 100% minimal. The way he uses the simplicity of sounds and clever song structure creates some very fresh sounding tunes!

I'm not that into minimal, but I'm planning to check it more out because I'm really intrigued on how minimal seem to create more dynamics but with the use of minimal sounds.

Trentemøller comes to mind, although he is not 100% minimal. The way he uses the simplicity of sounds and clever song structure creates some very fresh sounding tunes!

That's the point for me, less sounds, more sophisticated structures = interesting.

That's the point for me, less sounds, more sophisticated structures = interesting.

Couldn't agree more :D Although I like both a chunky, phat sounding, layered tracks, I enjoy minimal as well.

What can be a problem with layered tracks is that the artist sometimes over-produce the track. I don't want to hear a track with like, 3 leads going on at the same time, 3 layered pads, lots of percussion and sound FX, alot of drums++. I for one like to hear what sounds are going on in the music

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Didn't know Riktan and Bansi was making minimal as well... though I don't find it particularly bad I don't find it good :unsure:

Pablo on the other hand :rolleyes:

skinnerbox (trippy psychedelic stuff)

Ripcord (jazzy minimal?!) and really nice vid!

ED:

Sweet track!! :D