432 Hz

Taken from a thread on another forum, I found a link to this:

http://www.432hz.org/

Basically, they say that tuning down music from 440 hz to 432 hz makes the sound more fuller, more dynamic etc.

There's a nice .wav sample you can download here: http://www.432hz.nl/Ogg/compilatie/compila..._Track%2001.wav (Right click > save as)

I've no idea what the guy in the audio is talking (since its not english), but I can only assume he is first playing the 440 hz sample, and then the 432 sample. And then he does it several times. I can really feel the effect of every 2nd sample over the 1st one (I guess the 2nd sample is the 432 Hz one). The dynamics and the fullness, the effect of the track gives a really better impression. The first sample sounds a bit "dull" compared to the second.

However, I'm suspicious that he did more then just downtune it to 432hz. It can't be such a simple trick, can it? I'd try downtuning myself however I've no installed apps like wavelab or soundforge at the moment, so I can't test this theory out. If anyone else can give it a shot, maybe upload it somewhere so I can take a listen.

Edit: Here's more samples, but I haven't checked them out yet: http://www.terugnaar432hz.org/pageID_5832471.html

If I understand his dutch (correctly) he starts of with 432 hz.

"vierhundert tvei en deter hertz" first, then "vierhundert ferder hertz".

(I know german, not dutch, so stay off my spelling please).

If I understand his dutch (correctly) he starts of with 432 hz.

"vierhundert tvei en deter hertz" first, then "vierhundert ferder hertz".

(I know german, not dutch, so stay off my spelling please).

I don't know the language either.. however every 2nd sample sounds alot more open and dynamic then the first. I think it could be faked.. but I have no way of testing it out on this pc.

I don't know the language either.. however every 2nd sample sounds alot more open and dynamic then the first. I think it could be faked.. but I have no way of testing it out on this pc.

The first sample is tuned to 432, the second to 440 hz and so on. So you obviously prefer 440 hz :)

For some reason, I couldn't play the OGG files. I don't know why, I used to be able to, but now I can't. I even made sure I had the updated OGG components, and I still can't play OGG files. I'm pissed.

Anyway, I was able to listen to the classical music in the WAV file.

My opinion is that if it sounds more "full", that's because it's tuned lower. "Full" usually means more low frequencies.

Also, in the classical music WAV file, the lower-tuned one sounded at least a step lower. A step below A4 (440Hz) is G4 (392Hz). 392/440 = 0.89. Even half a step down is 415.3Hz, and 415.3/440 = .94.

However, 432/440 = .9818. So with the classical music example, the lower-pitched one is not just tuned to a slightly lower reference, it's in a lower key altogether.

Another thing is that dynamics has nothing to do with frequency. It is all to do with level.

Talk about propaganda. I don't know if a "Nazi propaganda minister" was the one to propose 440Hz (everything I found just said "an international conference"), but if there's one good way to make people recoil from something, it's to invoke the Nazis. Besides, 440Hz wasn't adopted as "official" until 1955. And besides which, not everything uses 440Hz.

And this also ignores the system of tuning. Sure, you can tune A4 to 440 or 432Hz, but what if you're using just intonation? Go a few steps down, and you're at a different frequency. And what if you're not using a twelve-tone system at all? Would tuning the reference pitch 8Hz down still make another scale "more full and dynamic"?

I call bullshit. If you like music better tuned to 432Hz, that's cool, but why denigrate music that is not?

Taken from a thread on another forum, I found a link to this:

http://www.432hz.org/

Basically, they say that tuning down music from 440 hz to 432 hz makes the sound more fuller, more dynamic etc.

There's a nice .wav sample you can download here: http://www.432hz.nl/Ogg/compilatie/compila..._Track%2001.wav (Right click > save as)

I've no idea what the guy in the audio is talking (since its not english), but I can only assume he is first playing the 440 hz sample, and then the 432 sample. And then he does it several times. I can really feel the effect of every 2nd sample over the 1st one (I guess the 2nd sample is the 432 Hz one). The dynamics and the fullness, the effect of the track gives a really better impression. The first sample sounds a bit "dull" compared to the second.

I confirm that the FIRST sample that he's playing is 432Hz and the second @ 440Hz... Personally I found the 432Hz sample to be easyier on the ears, the 440 one was a bit too "rough" in comparison. Personally I prefered the first sample but I guess it all boils down to a matter of taste and speaker setup.

Haha omg when we listen to 440hz music, we listen to nazi propaganda! Btw for those who haven't seen it there was a book on the subject posted here.

oh and does anyone know how to change the tunning in ableton? it would be interesting to experiment with various alternative tunnings :P

I confirm that the FIRST sample that he's playing is 432Hz and the second @ 440Hz... Personally I found the 432Hz sample to be easyier on the ears, the 440 one was a bit too "rough" in comparison. Personally I prefered the first sample but I guess it all boils down to a matter of taste and speaker setup.

I felt the first sample (432) as washed out, without as much dynamics or detail as the 440hz one. Not only that, but the 2nd sample gives me goose bumps while the first sample just doesn't touch me at all. I actually like the music to be felt, more powerfull for the ears. Well, for classical music anyways. But you're right, it all comes down to personal taste.

This thread is bullshit, tuning has nothing to do with audio dynamics.

Dynamics = spectrum of frequencies used.

Tuning = the note of a particular fequency ie middle C is 440 (western tuning tradition only)

I learned that the Boston Simphony Orchestra tunes there instuments slightly high since they are known for their 'bright' sound...

Guest Schallusion

Two things that are not right when you want to take this serious

1. Hifi Studio Arndt was making an experiment: Some Audio enthusiasts are invited to listen to different cd players. They told them some details about the cd players and then told them to play the same track at the different players. After that the audio enthusiasts where asked what player is the best. They are discussing and after that they found out several differences between the players.

But in fact they played the same track with the same player over and over again. It was all about psychology! Its called the pygmalion effect.

Its not a scientific proceeding!!!

2. Look at the bottom of the page there is a Link to the Website of the Autor. Well i would say he is a kind of conspiracy theorist. Pharmaceutical Drugs in Drinking Water, ......

Greetings Till