Advise me some great Forest/Dark

mono

I've been listening to my Derango and G.O.W. vs Meteloids albums again and i forgot how fucking awesome this music really is. Can you recommend me some albums in the same style (maby some recent parvati or trishula releases worth checking out) Intelligent dark with a high psychedelic level.

I've been listening to my Derango and G.O.W. vs Meteloids albums again and i forgot how fucking awesome this music really is. Can you recommend me some albums in the same style (maby some recent parvati or trishula releases worth checking out) Intelligent dark with a high psychedelic level.

Not forest, but intelligent:

Penta-Horn please

Furious-Uncanny beats (160-170bpm but VERY nice and psychedelic. No random chaos here)

The Nommos-Primal Meltdown

Olien-Sounded Paratronic

V/A-Frequency Trancemissions

V/A-Ijigen Another Dimenion

V/A-The Invisible Hand

V/A-Mushy Mystery

V/A-Deep Mental Trauma (both parts)

All 100% forest

Haltya - Forest Flavour

Haven't checked them out personally, but Tamlin and Alrune are supposed to be good.

Ghreg on Earth - Sigilweaver and Dark Soho - Combustion have some interesting tracks but they're more gothic influenced kind-of darkpsy.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys, I'll have my work checking them all out. BOTFB is indeed cracy but I allready own both albums. That olien album sounds really interesting also i think i'll give the new Trold a try. Great list btw basilisk, i think some of the albums the tracks are taken from must be really nice. :)

I'll definately have a listen to the furious album too since a lot of people are raving about it. I'm not so keen of ultra high bpm's but maybe i'll like this one

Glowing Flame Records (MK) .....very inteligent Forest Dark Psy music.....awesome label....

i agree :posford:

still waiting to hear the yudhishtira album. whats the verdict on that ?

Guest deffect

Procs - Stuck in the Oven with Me

Procs - The Lonely Land of Tada

Glooex - Glookanary Express (this is not dark, its more morning-ish but i still love it)

3 Yggdrassil Releases

Foreeest (L)

I'll definately have a listen to the furious album too since a lot of people are raving about it. I'm not so keen of ultra high bpm's but maybe i'll like this one

Neither am i, but Furios is REALLY good! Never digged anything above 150bpm as much as this!

It goes without saying that both solo Kindzadza albums are awesome. +1 to whoever said Primal Meltdown (read my review here) and I also really like Alien Mental's Mind Hack. If you're after something from 2008 you could do a lot worse than Multiple Personalities 3 (read my review here).

Regarding Furious - I've tried to love Uncanny Beats, really I have, but I just can't. Don't get me wrong, I like it, but I just don't see what everyone else thinks is so great about this album. Maybe I need to listen to it on drugs or something...