If you had to chose TWO instruments (software or hardware)

Which would they be?

For me it would be ABL Bassline 2.x and Native Instruments Battery 3. With those, I can pretty much do whatever I need to do.

Hardware it would be a 303 (devilfish) with an Akai Sampler. :)

Right now, it would be Drumatic 3 and Synth1. Both free VST's.

A surprisingly awesome little VST. I've used it here and there. What do you like about Synth1? I'm not familiar with it.

Edit: I checked out Synth 1 at KVR. Seems its sound capabilities are high and that it's very lightweight. I definitely have to check it out.

A surprisingly awesome little VST. I've used it here and there. What do you like about Synth1? I'm not familiar with it.

Edit: I checked out Synth 1 at KVR. Seems its sound capabilities are high and that it's very lightweight. I definitely have to check it out.

Everything basically. The pitch bend, the distortion, the pitch envelope, the filter.

Which would they be?

For me it would be ABL Bassline 2.x and Native Instruments Battery 3. With those, I can pretty much do whatever I need to do.

Hardware it would be a 303 (devilfish) with an Akai Sampler. :)

+ ½

Why not the 303 (devilfish) with Battery 3.

• 1 month later...

I am tempted to say a 303 or ABL, and while I love acid they are both limited and I can only pick two instruments so I would want them to be robust and feature rich. Am I allowed to say Reaktor? While technically one instrument, it contains limitless numbers of synths and whatnot within it.

two? hard choice.

I would probably stick with FM8 and z3ta. Both very flexible and with great sound.

IMO taking Reaktor would be cheating ;)

Nah it would not be cheating actually, cause he could chose a Virus TI or a Nord or something... Or even any other Modular synth. I would let that one slip actually :)

Any Yamaha digital mixing console!

its not really an instrument but still, a digital mixer is an 'all in one' pack

The build in FX are completely spaced out, the EQ and dynamics are superb.

You can create a network link with a computer and then use the mixing desk as a controller for cubase or protools, works fine.

its soooo much fun

Albino3 is definitely my Nr 1 choice... I don't know how different it is from Zeta+, since it sounds like they both can do pretty much anything, but the albino is what i've learned to control the best! Also the Zebra and ABL pro seems nice, but im having a hard time programminng them :( (if anyone knows about some tutorials or something on either of them, i would appreciate it :) )

human voice + an effects unit :P

+1 :posford:

good choice

check out this video:

link

i hpoe this link works, otherwise i will upload it on youtube, but im to lazy to do it now, its on facebook and all videos are set as "friends only"...

i made it last week after soundcheck, some actor beatboxing and me playing around with FX dualpitch, delays and symphonics from the LS9, its recorded with a crappy digital camera so the real experience is a bit lost on this video.

A few days ago we did the same but we linked in a Kaoss pad 3 on the mic input, that was absolutely insane.

I want to try an electric guitar with a build in kaoss pad, now thats crazy... hehe

human voice+sennheisser SK50 (or sennheiser handheld)+ kaosspad 3 + yamaha LS9

oooohhhh, i feel like clapping my hands and jump around like a little kid when i think about it, hehe

...spaced out... :D

I like massive as it has the most wicked type of link-system I've seen. We'll nothing ground-breaking but it's very intuitive. It can do some nice quirks and sound fx, unfortunately I don't consider it that good for "big" sounds (leads, pads etc). Only used it for a few weeks tho, erm, that was last year :P.

FM8 is great and needs alot of tweaking around to get that sound you're looking for. It's really an expert's synth imo. I still love FM7, made some crazy shit with that one, FM8 is more pretty to look at tho :D.