Prio Alea presents. Jisuo

Prio Alea

Totally low fi, I liked the track, and the ideas:

but!!

Either you put a compressor on your master bus, during your mix render or:

You made this far to loud when you did your "home style mastering" This is about 20 decibels, louder than a major label mix. I am not being critical, of you or your music. This is a very cool idea, the track you have made here. It is just too loud, to listen too. You should not have to add more than +6 to a mastering limiter, furthermore, and this seems to cause a lot of arguments on the world wide web, you should not have a compressor on your master bus while rendering a mix.

Let me know, if you make a quieter mix, with less post production, digital clipping, I will listen again, and enjoy the track a lot more...

Cheers Mate...

Shit, that's what you get when you don't listen to the track after export and upload! I was lazy and I had heard it so much lately. :drama:

I was fiddling around with different FX just before and I see now that I forgot compressor on master exactly as you said!

Re-exporting and uploading now.

Update: Hopefully fixed, but I'm not really that good with mastering. :D Even though I have been doing music for 8 years or so.

"I see now that I forgot compressor on master exactly as you said!"

Ok, let me make just quick clarification.

You forgot you left a compressor on your master bus, yes? I am not suggesting to put one there. If you have one there, take it off. Re-render, re-upload.. I will give a new listen.

:-)

Cheers Mate...

-----------

Ok, edit -- I am giving new listen now... I will post again in few minutes

You forgot you left a compressor on your master bus, yes? I am not suggesting to put one there. If you have one there, take it off. Re-render, re-upload.. I will give a new listen.

:-)

Yes, I was being silly and added flangers, phasers and all kind of stuff on the master channel just to have some fun. :P Forgot to remove the compressor after I was done though.

Ok, I have listened to new version of track.....

This is a fantastic track. I like the ideas and LoFi so much. You have a few home' style, mastering problems you need to practice to fix. This is much better than before.

Very trippy, very cool track

Cheers Bro

Thanks! :)

I'm very aware of my mastering skills or lack there of. :D I don't have ideal monitors either so, I do what I can. Add laziness to the mix and we got a nice party going.

Wow heh that's pretty filthy. In a good way! It seems like a very playable track, with a good consistent character throughout, and the intro and outro would be perfect for mixing. I think you've done pretty well given you have no real studio monitors but I wonder if a little more clarity would be possible without losing the dirt. Great track though, it all hangs together very well.