Psylent Buddhi - 1997-2003

Kasper

Wave files to a few of the tracks are in the pipeline. I'll update the original post with some additional links once they're ready.

this is very good news. tnx again we are pleased for that :)

why don't you make more of this great stuff and go to a label?

100% sure they will release it; you have cronomi and suntrip; both good music bringing labels

we are in touch with him, don't worry :) Now let's pray Kasper finds the time to sit more behind the pc and has as good ideas as in the past! :)

damn.. i put this in my mp3 player and started listening on the bus to work, but then i feel asleep and ran out of battery LOL

try again today :P

100% sure they will release it; you have cronomi and suntrip; both good music bringing labels

Cronomi is a bit busy for the next few months :P

Awesome Goa-Trance !

"Moksha", "Convergent Images" and "Secrets Of The Atom", these 3 tracks just blew me away, especially their aggressive twisted synth and acid lines. WOW :o

Cool synth patches, good arrangements, it would be nice to hear these tracks remade with modern production and good mastering.

Keep it this way. :clapping: :drama:

Pure inspirational material here! ;)

we are in touch with him, don't worry :) Now let's pray Kasper finds the time to sit more behind the pc and has as good ideas as in the past! :)

That is great Anoebis :))) im glad for this news and very happy cose Kasper`s magic music deserve label like Suntrip.

Kasper i wish u big succes with suntripers and hope the new material will be better then this . B)

Namaste

Amasing music.....very impressive.....every track is awesome.......what a happiness if you decide to make such as music again.....wish you all best....and thank you for sharing this.... :)

PSYLENT BUDDHI
1997-2003

1. Sonorush
2. Lunar Core
3. Moksha
4. Neura
5. Convergent Images
6. Secrets of The Atom
7. Metalucid
8. Retrocede
9. In The Stream
10. Winter Tickle

I'm impressed. I'm curious as to what this artist would pull off today Goa wise. His music boarders on aggression (more or less dark), yet there are moments so beautiful and rhythmic. Other descriptions past this awesome, Chill-esque beauty range from moody and intense, to smart, atmospheric, and climactic. The album walks a fine line between darkness and light.

1. Sonorush is one of the best Goa openings I've heard. It's a fantasy, a provocative Never Ending Story - several minute sunrise piece. Magical. I love it. A

2. Lunar Core
is more atmospheric and driving. This dark, moody track showcases strong tone and aggression that is very gripping and motivating! The vocal samples are excellent. This is an imaginative, visceral track, and my favorite uptempo one by the artist yet. Please make more! This is great!!! A-

3. Moksha has an intricate, continuously psychedelic trip. I really like this aggressive, intense, catchy, and varied sound and feel. The beeping melody beginning around 2:50 is excellent, and how the drums and numerous other sounds support this driving melody lead. The song finishes its first act around 5:00 and begins collection itself for the next roller coaster hill or higher energy segment. The energy begins not far from 6:30 with exception to the bump at 7:11. This area here builds to one of the best climaxes thanks to an incredible, echoed melody that turns on around 7:40, before going through a series of twists and turns. WOW. The final third of this song is excellent. I'd love to hear more tracks with these huge buildups. It's a PUMP, the words I've used to describe super songs on Tandu - Multimoods. I still don't understand how this artist didn't fill up a main album/release with some of these songs between 1997 and 2003. So far this is a super album. A-

4. Neura is slower than previous tracks, groovy. Great melody (and skipping not over done but present) work. This artist does so much in positive effect without over loading the senses. This reminds me slightly of Tigerhill or Neuro Glider by BotFB in its dark and continuous gripping, hypnotic rhythm. But this completely different. Nice sample by Ralph fienne's Lenny character from one of my favorite films (Strange Days) too. B+

5. Convergent Images is too very climactic and psychedelic. The synth work is great; I initially confused this song with the following, saying that it was too messy, which it's not IMO. This is a great, full on super Goa dance track. B+

6. Secrets of The Atom is another song loaded with bubbly, psychedelic sounds. I don't like the swishy sound fx here. Furthermore, this song lacks fluidity, grip, and elegance, in some part due to the overloaded sound effects that either partially mask the song's flow or hide its flaws underneath. Overall certain sounds I find too high pitched here, though there's a handful of cool ideas and work. The part around 5:50 is interesting, following an interlude. The heavy sound effect atmospheric sounds are less present and the take-off energy appears more clear. A new melody lead appears around 7:00 and it's pretty good. The big climax towards the end reminds me of old school Pleiadians to some degree, ultra layered and climactic. The style here is too sloppy for my taste however, but this isn't a bad track. It is very psychedelic. B-

7. Metalucid starts out with a chilling melody. This is a driving Psy number built amongst a icy cold backdrop, atmosphere. I especially like how the artist comes and goes the atmosphere, developing the character of the song throughout. The higher energy development towards the end is a great idea. A more dynamic and infectious Goa melody however never arrives which could have made this ending superb. I really like this post apocalyptic or lost in a dead space station while it's breaking apart type feel. The song captures a sense of despair and never lets off the uncertainty, yet remains catchy though pessimistic until its predictable, albeit solid conclusion: The fate is the same as that which began, lost or stuck or dying or soon to be dying or captured in an inescapable reality. I think the story here is tragic, but I could be wrong. - B+

8. Retrocede is another Goa/Psy driving nighttime number with an interesting, atmospheric interlude. I like how this artist takes the time to develop his tracks, and the general buildups, as his songs often go somewhere more interesting and satisfying as they progress. The echoed metal sounds around the middle are cool too, an opportunity missed maybe to do something darker with them, changing up the tempo of the song. They're unique nonetheless and are creatively into the mix before the intermission around 5:40. This artist has got to seriously produce an amazing Goa album for our time now. - B+

9. In The Stream is thoughtful, contemplative, moving, gentle, floating, and emotive. The gradual build up and melody/sound work is excellent. This is one of the best Goa/Psyinfluenced downtempo tracks I've heard. Well done! A-

10. Winter Tickle is a strong and crisp PSY downtempo number with some interesting, manipulated notes. I prefer other less manipulated melody work, beginning around 7:00. It would have been cool if a slow but driving (ASURA like) beat began here or at 7:42 I feel, but that would have meant changing the flow of the song. Overall a good song. B

In conclusion, Psylent Buddi's tracks here would comprise one of the most solid albums (double?_ albums ever released for free or not for free (but this is free). Thank you for sharing this with us. It's excellent. This is like the one great Goa album I missed all these years. And now it's available for the first time in 2008. Really smart package. I want to see what type of arsenal this artist will come up with relative to producing a new track. This smart, creative, and other worldly, complex and driving style deserves to be explored and updated.

Favorite tracks 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 9.

B+

Whoah, these brought back some memories. I used to listen to these quite a lot in the traxinspace days :)

I think I have almost every one of your old tracks somewhere. At least these 5 tracks (in Impulse Tracker format) are on my hd now: Dripping Monotones, Turiya, Tribal Glide, Trancewaves and Spaceforms (Sponged Out).

Didn't remember how good this stuff was!

• 2 months later...

This is easily one of the best "free" albums out there. It would be great even if it was selling. Roughly two hours of psychedelic and edgy Goa/Psytrance with exception to the ethereal introduction that could have been amazing if it evolved into a lengthier track. But I still like it... a lot, a treasure to listen to, very positive and surreal!

Sonorush, Lunar Core, Moksha, and In The Stream are my top favorites here. Followed by Neuro and Metalucid and/or Retrocede. The only track I don't care for is Secrets Of The Atom with all its swishy sounds taking place; I find it too busy and messy for my preference. Otherwise I love the atmosphere on this album, the occasional dark and edgy style, and how the songs generally evolve.

Moksha and Convergent Images are the two super dance songs here IMO.

This artist should seriously consider producing a new Goa album for our time now as RA did.

Very nice Kasper!

Besides being a very good selection of your music (though I miss some of my personal favorites!), it's a very good idea. I'm gonna download it later, when I get home, and put it on my mp3-player.

Kinda inspires me to make something similar with my oldies... won't be as good as this, but it will be a good way of ending. :)

...if I ever get around to making some goatrance again. I have several stranded tracks which I've never been able to see through due to lack of time or other projects with a higher priority. Perhaps it's time to review my priorities. :rolleyes:

aaaand? :)

sorry, couldn't help myself :) just too curious probably :rolleyes:

maybe a nice party would do you good? ;)

I just noticed this thread is still alive. Thanks to all for the comments. To be honest I'm a bit baffled by the response to these old tracks, but nonetheless happy to hear that it's of value to a few people.

Are these songs made with the old Buzz tracker?

No, despite it's many appealing features, I never gave Buzz a shot. Most of these tracks are produced using Impulse Tracker, Rebirth, Dreamstation, Soundforge and Acid Music (for sequencing). Back then I usually created a lot of different loops and elements in IT, Rebirth and Dreamstation, used Soundforge for some basic manipulation and tweaking, and then assembled everything in Acid. It sounds tedious, but in reality it wasn't. I was so familiar with those tools that everything just flowed along nicely - notwithstanding IT's tendency to calculate BPM in a totally unique and inconvenient way. :-)

aaaand? smile.gif

sorry, couldn't help myself smile.gif just too curious probably rolleyes.gif

maybe a nice party would do you good? wink.gif

Hehe, I'll tell you what would do me good: if I somehow had all the time in the world! But these days a party sounds like a reasonable compromise. :rolleyes:

Thanks again everyone, and sorry about bumping the thread. Just felt the need to express my gratitude.

"Moksha" & "Convergent Images" just simply DESTROY the dancefloor everytime!! :posford:

the other tracks are also very good, but these 2 stick out with neck and shoulders ;)

:clapping:

• 2 weeks later...

@Anoebis - That's great to hear Anoebis. Someone told me once that they've heard a track of mine in a set you made available online. I thought that was very cool. Thanks! I'll definitely keep you in mind if I ever get around to making some goatrance again. I have several stranded tracks which I've never been able to see through due to lack of time or other projects with a higher priority. Perhaps it's time to review my priorities. :rolleyes:

That was me :) I heard it in Anoebis' set and I really wanted to hear more of your music. I googled your name a few times and searched on pvp and found you after half a year on some forum, what was it called again? Thanks again for sending me those tracks back then! I listen to them every week. I think Moksha and Convergent Images are the best tracks on your album. I also like Secrets of the Atom, very chaotic!

I hope you'll make more goa trance in the future. You have a unique sound.

I have Ojas Shakti, Om Mani Padme Hum and Lightswitch too. They also deserve being released, I like Ojas Shakti and Om Mani Padme Hum just as much as I like your album. :clapping:

I looked through some old archives and found a few more Psylent Buddhi MP3s in 128-160k quality:

Ripply

Lightswitch

The Mind Trick

Noon Spectre

Ojas Shakti (Comdis Mix)

Om Mani Padme Hum

Need any of these?

I also have Secrets Of The Atom in unmastered 16-bit WAV somewhere or another (I played that at a few parties back in the day)... in case that one was lost too.

I have Ojas Shakti, Om Mani Padme Hum and Lightswitch too. They also deserve being released, I like Ojas Shakti and Om Mani Padme Hum just as much as I like your album. :clapping:

So can we have those tracks too Digitalys and Kasper?? I realy like more crazy tracks from this fantastic project :)

tnx ahead

So can we have those tracks too Digitalys and Kasper?? I realy like more crazy tracks from this fantastic project :)

tnx ahead

Basilisk has them too + 3 other tracks

Let's wait what Kasper says. Maybe he can release them himself, or he can give permission for us to share them

Basilisk has them too + 3 other tracks

Let's wait what Kasper says. Maybe he can release them himself, or he can give permission for us to share them

This music deserve release . :posford: :posford:

let`s wait