Psylent Buddhi - 1997-2003

Kasper

To whomever it may be of interest, I recently uploaded a free album entitled 1997-2003 to Last.fm. It's a collection of some of my old tracks under the alias Psylent Buddhi. A few of the tracks have never been released before, but mostly it's just old tracks stemming from the traxinspace.com days of the late nineties.

A word of caution: A lot of the tracks were recovered from ancient and noisy mp3s, so the soundquality lacks in a lot of places. If you're interested, please read the associated blog post and the 'About this album" wiki entry on the Last.fm album page, which contain some trivia concerning this album.

Posted Image

All tracks stored on one (or possibly more) of Last.fm's undoubtedly many servers. Links galore:

1. Sonorush

2. Lunar Core

3. Moksha

4. Neura

5. Convergent Images

6. Secrets of The Atom

7. Metalucid

8. Retrocede

9. In The Stream

10. Winter Tickle

If the downloads don't work, try visiting the Last.fm album page and download from there. From there you can also preview and stream the tracks to find out whether or not this is worth the time and effort to download.

If possible, enjoy! :rolleyes:

Awesome. Some tracks are like listening to Cosmogenesis - Howling At The Moon, but even more crazy!

I never took the time to hunt for your tracks on the net, so this is my first encounter with your music, and you overwhelmed me! :)

I got them via some site early 2000, and since then several tracks were often part of my dj sets, even today :) Fantastic music!

If you would still create such stuff today I would release it straight away!

Wow very nice tracks, first time i'm listening to them.

I would definitly buy this album if the SQ was better, such a shame it's only available in 128kb really :(

Thanks a lot for sharing anyway :)

@Anoebis - That's great to hear Anoebis. Someone told me once that they've heard a track of mine in a set you made available online. I thought that was very cool. Thanks! I'll definitely keep you in mind if I ever get around to making some goatrance again. I have several stranded tracks which I've never been able to see through due to lack of time or other projects with a higher priority. Perhaps it's time to review my priorities. :rolleyes:

@Gargouille - Thanks!

@Isao - Apparently Last.fm converted the files I uploaded to 128kbps. They used to be 192kbps which sort of makes a difference. Most of the tracks, however, are recovered from old and dusty mp3s, so the soundquality sucks to begin with. I'll see about uploading a zipfile with the 192kbps versions one of these days. That is, if you're interested?

@Isao - Apparently Last.fm converted the files I uploaded to 128kbps. They used to be 192kbps which sort of makes a difference. Most of the tracks, however, are recovered from old and dusty mp3s, so the soundquality sucks to begin with. I'll see about uploading a zipfile with the 192kbps versions one of these days. That is, if you're interested?

Sure that would be nice ^^

Sure that would be nice ^^

Yes I think these tracks really deserve a better sound quality, I will download a 192kbps version for sure!

And please follow Anoebis suggestion and give us some more tracks in high quality!

Guest Cosmogenesis

@Anoebis - That's great to hear Anoebis. Someone told me once that they've heard a track of mine in a set you made available online. I thought that was very cool. Thanks! I'll definitely keep you in mind if I ever get around to making some goatrance again. I have several stranded tracks which I've never been able to see through due to lack of time or other projects with a higher priority. Perhaps it's time to review my priorities. :rolleyes:

Kasper, those tracks deserve easily an album, and I feel happy and sad that they are given for free, because for me quality melodic tracks with such creativity are rare nowadays. You are very gifted and that's why I definitely advice you to go immediately back in your studio! Be sure that labels and people will enjoy and support you if you take this decision. ;)

got some of these tracks maybe years 5 ago , found on Ekto among another unkown artists

well these tracks shud be available in flac at least

A zip file with 192kbps versions of all the tracks can be found here: http://rapidshare.com/files/153017536/Psyl...i_1997-2003.zip

@mak & AlieNed - I lost the sourcefiles to many of these tracks years ago in a harddrive crash. All I was left with were backed up mp3 versions of the tracks. I still have a couple of the tracks as wavefiles and I'll see about throwing those up on rapidshare as a either wave or flac.

@N-Joi & Anub1s - Thanks for listening!

@Cosmogenesis - Thanks a bunch for the words of encouragement! They are a source of inspiration! :)

I looked through some old archives and found a few more Psylent Buddhi MP3s in 128-160k quality:

Ripply

Lightswitch

The Mind Trick

Noon Spectre

Ojas Shakti (Comdis Mix)

Om Mani Padme Hum

Need any of these?

I also have Secrets Of The Atom in unmastered 16-bit WAV somewhere or another (I played that at a few parties back in the day)... in case that one was lost too.

I looked through some old archives and found a few more Psylent Buddhi MP3s in 128-160k quality:

Ripply

Lightswitch

The Mind Trick

Noon Spectre

Ojas Shakti (Comdis Mix)

Om Mani Padme Hum

Need any of these?

I also have Secrets Of The Atom in unmastered 16-bit WAV somewhere or another (I played that at a few parties back in the day)... in case that one was lost too.

if Kasper give us too yea we need those tracks :) :posford:

woooow now tracks sound much diferent from first time :)) when i hear Retrocede wooow that track have very specific ride with alot uplifting efects and melodies with one work perfection definitly my favorit track .tnx for this album again Psylent Buddhi "we all respect this" .

Namaste

@Antares - Glad you're enjoying it! :)

@mak & anub1s - I deliberately excluded those tracks from the album, because I feel they aren't up to the same standard as the rest of the tracks. I'm sure if you google those tracks you'll be able to find them. ;) I'll consider throwing them in with the rest, though.

Wave files to a few of the tracks are in the pipeline. I'll update the original post with some additional links once they're ready.