Synthchopping in goa trance and goa ambient

radi6404

Some big artists used to use chopping of synthlayers and vocals in their tracks, simon Posford did them in the best way of all artists I think, the chopping makes the tracks more intensive adn gives a "coolness" over a track. I´ve discovered a good ambient act, Lunar sound which has some great tracks with great choppings and it also gives the coolness factor. I think that chopping is very important in goa trance and goa ambient and think that way too few artists used good chopping probably because they lacked the ability to produce great choppings. Do you think choppings in goa are important?

Some big artists used to use chopping of synthlayers and vocals in their tracks, simon Posford did them in the best way of all artists I think, the chopping makes the tracks more intensive adn gives a "coolness" over a track. I´ve discovered a good ambient act, Lunar sound which has some great tracks with great choppings and it also gives the coolness factor. I think that chopping is very important in goa trance and goa ambient and think that way too few artists used good chopping probably because they lacked the ability to produce great choppings. Do you think choppings in goa are important?

No, I do not think its important, but with the right track, and the right way of doing it, it can sound really good. This effect that you are talking about, is mostly used in regular trance though (I mean, its more used in Regular trance than GOA/Psy) :D

bu taht´s the kind of chopping I aktually don´t like because it´s not cool but already cheesy, for example in regular trance track here´s a break and than the artist adds DDDD dance or so. That I don´t like, the chopping of simon is not that cheesy but has still a coolness factor.

Can you say some example tracks? (Other than this ambient CD I don\'t have!)

You definatly should check out my recommended lunar sound tracks. Anyway great chopping tracks are.

hallucinogen - alpha centauri

hallucinogen - angelic particles

hallucinogen - orphic thrench (not so much chopping tho)

hallucinogen - LSD Live mix

shpongle - dorset perception

shpongle - behind closed eyelids

And other simon Poford tracks and some older mfg tracks for example mfg - desert sun but I don´t know many other chopping tracks except from hallucinogen and shpongle.

Let me think, were the effectplugins for that called gate, I think so but I am nto sure. Anyway gating is one of the best things in goatrance and ambient, it´s one of the most improtant things.

:lol: it sure is one of the most important things! :lol:

I am talking musicwise nemo, not soundwise, you as a producer wont consider it as important wtih your ears as a producer of music but musicwise gating is very imortant for goa trance.

No it is not. From a producer, nor a listener point of view. I admit, that I like it, but it is not important at ALL.

In the past I was pretty addicted to those 'gated' choirs and leads as well... (that's indeed the right word for it)

Still if I consider the 'coolness' of it, it becomes less cool if you realize how easy it is to make yourself if you

get your hands on the right vst's.

I was into producing music a few years ago myself, I admit taht you hear music with different ears when you make music and it was bad taht I wasn´t really able to hear music as a listener when I produced music but more as a producer, if you hear those tracks as a listener you will find them cool.

There was a great chopping topic once here but I don´t remember were it is now, some users probably mentioned very good chopping tracks.

Many topics get chopped on piemews.

There is a track on Strangeitude from Ozric Tentacles with choppings.

The choppings can really mess with your head if you play the track loud.

There is a track on Strangeitude from Ozric Tentacles with choppings.

The choppings can really mess with your head if you play the track loud.

That's the title track off the album and it's one of my very favourite Ozrics tracks. The way the gating slows down... :blink:

should check the chopping track from ozric entacles, I must see if it can chop with my head as much as feathers body vibration.

omfg...you rock :lol:

and its called gate radi...dont u feel wiser, cooler when u say gate? come on, its good for u, say it with me. gate. the gate effect on this track is very good. yes. thats better. cookie for u.

Agent Six-Oh-Four enteres the restaurant and awaits the waiter:

Agent:    My name is Posford, Simon Posford.

Waiter:   Good evening, Sir. Would you like some appetizer before you order dinner?

Agent:    Yes, a slice of '87 Mónperée cheese. Chopped, not gated!

Agent Six-Oh-Four enteres the restaurant and awaits the waiter:

Agent: My name is Posford, Simon Posford.

Waiter: Good evening, Sir. Would you like some appetizer before you order dinner?

Agent: Yes, a slice of '87 Mónperée cheese. Chopped, not gated!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: