Ok, Psytrance is not what it used to be, but I still have to find money...

Ormion

I don't think you've read Ormion's post thoroughly...

He's not complaining because he has to buy those CDs to try them, but because he already knows he likes them and wants to have them but doesn't have enough money. I think he knows he can download stuff, even though I find it totally impractical since 4-min samples on Saiko... Well, call me old-fashioned :P:D

Exactly :)

The reason I started this topic is to make clear that they're still so much psy music out that I enjoy there that my money ain't enough.

For example: I buy anything from South Africa, anything Goa or with old school influences. I like darkpsy, good full on and melodic prog. I love suomi. And there's dozens of ambient cds that I want to buy.

Yes the quality of old days has gone bananas, but even if the 10% of the new releases is worth buying it's still a large number, considering how many new cds are released.

And downloading is not my thing. I can have an mp3 whenever I want, but I prefer to buy 5 cds than download 20 and listened to them 1 time.

I don't think you've read Ormion's post thoroughly...

He's not complaining because he has to buy those CDs to try them, but because he already knows he likes them and wants to have them but doesn't have enough money. I think he knows he can download stuff, even though I find it totally impractical since 4-min samples on Saiko... Well, call me old-fashioned :P:D

Yeah I didn't read it properly.

@ Ormion: I can send you a sealed copy of new Kino Oko for free, because I received a promo without asking for it so I have 2. Let me know if you're interested :)

I just saw that.

I have already ordered the cd.

But thanks anyway! :)

To buy all these new cds!

New Electrypnose. New Mandalavandalz. Dirty Motion's debut album! Plus new Yabai compilation. Timecode will bring two new releases. New Psykovsky is coming. And new Antiscarp comp. I want the new OOOD. I'd like to try Audiopathik's album. There's some good darkpsy compilations out there too. New Psygone! I still have to buy the Distant System and Kino Oko albums. And the Tutankhamon 9000!

And not even gonna start about ambient releases!

It's amazing that although I really believe that Psytrance has lost the old days quality I still have no money to buy all the new stuff that I like. And considering that I don't like to download I need a lot of money!!!

Anyone else feel the same?

:(

amen to that bro

i'm sick and tired of all the 'it used to be better in the old days' and 'only shit rls coming out' crybabies

there's a time and place for everything. no use trying to say it's better or worse than 'in the golden era' :rolleyes:

it was different.

amen to that bro

i'm sick and tired of all the 'it used to be better in the old days' and 'only shit rls coming out' crybabies

there's a time and place for everything. no use trying to say it's better or worse than 'in the golden era' :rolleyes:

it was different.

Well I still believe that the overall quality of the golden era (95-99) is way better than todays scene, but of course not everything released today is shit, not even close.

And I also believe that the 04-08 era is way better than 00-03.

There I did it again!

7 cds, 100 euros.

And the funny thing is that half of the cds I ordered haven't arrived yet. That means another 60 euros the next week.

But all of the cds look delicious! :)

There I did it again!

7 cds, 100 euros.

And the funny thing is that half of the cds I ordered haven't arrived yet. That means another 60 euros the next week.

But all of the cds look delicious! :)

:) How much money do you spend roughly on releases per month? Generally for me it's only around £25 a month though recently I ordered £100 worth and felt that that was a LOT of money to be throwing at it in one big bulk order. Wish I did have the money to spend on it more often all the same I guess

Goddamn, I wish I could order shit.

Turns out even if psyshop says they allow Visa Electron, I still can't order with it for some odd reason.

And the only way to get the Visa that is accepted globally, is a steady income, and I'm not old enough for a steady job. Gotta finish school first, then go to the damn army.

The only way for me to buy is by Bank Transfer and oh boy, how many sites support that? Pretty much none.

Ah well, at least I can order from suntrip records with a bank transfer. :lol:

:) How much money do you spend roughly on releases per month? Generally for me it's only around £25 a month though recently I ordered £100 worth and felt that that was a LOT of money to be throwing at it in one big bulk order. Wish I did have the money to spend on it more often all the same I guess

Around 70 euros per month. This month is an exception though. I'll try to cut some other expences like ice creams etc :D

I don't have much money either, but I prefer to spend 70 euros in a bulk of cds than spend 120 euros in one night just to go listen to a stupid Greek singer (like most Greeks do).

Goddamn, I wish I could order shit.

Turns out even if psyshop says they allow Visa Electron, I still can't order with it for some odd reason.

And the only way to get the Visa that is accepted globally, is a steady income, and I'm not old enough for a steady job. Gotta finish school first, then go to the damn army.

The only way for me to buy is by Bank Transfer and oh boy, how many sites support that? Pretty much none.

Ah well, at least I can order from suntrip records with a bank transfer. :lol:

I don't order from the net. I buy my cds from a store in Athens. It costs me around 15 euros per cd while in Psyshop around 16 euros with the shipping costs. Plus he cuts some of the price cause I'm a good customer.

Any psy store in your town?

Around 70 euros per month. This month is an exception though. I'll try to cut some other expences like ice creams etc :D

I don't have much money either, but I prefer to spend 70 euros in a bulk of cds than spend 120 euros in one night just to go listen to a stupid Greek singer (like most Greeks do).

I guess if I was single I'd prolly adopt a very similar philosophy, but when I spend a lot of money on CDs it sorta feels like I'm spending a lot of 'our' money on CDs that could be used in activities and such that we both enjoy (she hates psy :unsure:).

I guess if I was single I'd prolly adopt a very similar philosophy, but when I spend a lot of money on CDs it sorta feels like I'm spending a lot of 'our' money on CDs that could be used in activities and such that we both enjoy (she hates psy :unsure:).

Not having a girlfriend finally pays off! :D:(:rolleyes:

I don't order from the net. I buy my cds from a store in Athens. It costs me around 15 euros per cd while in Psyshop around 16 euros with the shipping costs. Plus he cuts some of the price cause I'm a good customer.

Any psy store in your town?

Sonic Boom ?