Ishkur EDM Guide v3 Completetion

cronodevir

Ishkur's guide is one of those names that when posted in forums usually ends up as a flame war.. well that's on other forums at least. Seems some people agree with his view of points, some don't. Some like his site, some hate him.

I don't think it's a bad site. But I haven't visited in ages really.

Who cares? It just creates all sorts of useless preconceptions and misunderstandings.

I don't think so. I always got a kick out of his obvious exaggerations and thinly or not at all veiled insults toward styles he didn't like, but they were rarely inaccurate. Including his distaste of my favorite styles. It's actually a decent guide if one is given the caveat that it's highly biased. To people who don't know, the strange web of interrelated genres in electronic music can be highly confusing.

It doesn't take much perusing of the Guide to realize that they guy was a DnB nut, and despised trance (with the possible exception of goa). But hey, at least he had the presence of mind to cover all the bases.

I just like the music clips really..lol Anyone who gets upset at his site, even though he says its mostly bullshit..is kinda retarded.

Yep that's about all it's good for, although even some of those clips are in the wrong place.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_electronic_music_genres is what I use(d) to check out all the different genres (unfortunately I don't like most of them but that's another matter :P). It has more genres, and a lot more artists listed. Not many audio clips, but those aren't too hard to find on the interweb.