The Psynews Track

so much discussion, so little action. this is PSYnews.org ;) Make a damn PSY track. I vote the one who just STARTS to be president! :D

Look at my post at the top of this page - I started. Do I get to be president? :D :posford:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Are anybody doing anything ? =)

just wait till I get my MIDI controller

I declared it on my xmas wishlist ... so it depends on Santa

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah , sorry long time for the answer,... But its x-mas and all :D .. Hehe! I use Ableton , some fruity and wav editors... . Anyone who wants to do something , add f0rce@punkass.com msn. :)

Cubase not a problem , use midi and wav :)

• 3 weeks later...

I wouldnt mind getting in on this. I use Renoise for main production and Ableton for whatever else. I think there's a program to convert .mid to Renoise's native filetype, so interchanging with .mid-users shouldn't be an issue... Otherwise I can just make my contribution with Renoise then arrange it with Ableton, that probably would even be easier.

I wouldnt mind getting in on this. I use Renoise for main production and Ableton for whatever else. I think there's a program to convert .mid to Renoise's native filetype, so interchanging with .mid-users shouldn't be an issue... Otherwise I can just make my contribution with Renoise then arrange it with Ableton, that probably would even be easier.

Yeees , we should maybe do an entire album for the year 2009? With different styles , or decide a style for just one song ? =)

Wav files are as good as midi in my opinion as well, as long the results and the progress is fun and satisfying ;) Pm me if you have a MSN, ..

Maybe a full 80 minutes CD is too much , but a couple of songs ? If we are more people doing this than three that we seem to be right now...

Sorry for my weird english , hehe : )

So what style should we make? Usually I make harder stuff, but I do like to experiment with other atmospheres, so basically Im flexible... And should it be full track-length loops or just patterns, or...? I think it would be easier to start with patterns til we get a good foundation to really start arranging. With Ableton it won't matter what primary DAW we use, or what the original bpm is.

Edit; took Veracohr's loop from above and remixed it and sorta added a fuller bottom end and some percussion, and another synth. Feel free to mangle or otherwise destroy these loops at will. The titles of the files should be pretty self explanatory, (instrument)_(key).wav. Oh yeah, the loops are all 32 beats at 135 bpm, and I left them kinda rough.

8.47mb .rar file, loops are 32 bit float, 48khz.

ttp://www.sendspace.com/file/8zi8zw

Thats just one idea of many that I had, feel free to take the track in other directions if you like! Also feel free to use Veracohr's original file instead of my remixed one if you think it would work better.

Thats just one idea of many that I had, feel free to take the track in other directions if you like! Also feel free to use Veracohr's original file instead of my remixed one if you think it would work better.

Hehe i took the G Bassline and kept it at that note , isnt it G#? Anyway. Couldnt make anything with the kick sample , so I borrowed one from my kick library. And tuned it , fattened up the bass a bit.. It turned out like this http://www.sendspace.com/file/ujibj6

You know it could be... Its a sample, and I dont know the original note. Actually if its a half tone lower than I thought, thats good to know for future reference...

Edit; Took a listen to your new version, f0rce, sounds great! And, I kinda got carried away and sorta turned it into a full track... (Uploading soon)

Edit2: Now I kinda have a problem... The full quality .wav of just the final mixdown is something like 280 mb, so each individual track will be around that, and theres 7 of em... Not quite sure how we want to go about sharing that much data... Reducing the bitrate to 48khz would probably reduce the size quite a bit without all that much quality loss. I guess I'll share what Ive done so far and see where to go from there?

Edit: So here's an mp3 of what Ive done; http://www.sendspace.com/file/rtr68d . I guess, take a listen and let me know what to share and what not to? Or something like that?

You know it could be... Its a sample, and I dont know the original note. Actually if its a half tone lower than I thought, thats good to know for future reference...

Edit; Took a listen to your new version, f0rce, sounds great! And, I kinda got carried away and sorta turned it into a full track... (Uploading soon)

Edit2: Now I kinda have a problem... The full quality .wav of just the final mixdown is something like 280 mb, so each individual track will be around that, and theres 7 of em... Not quite sure how we want to go about sharing that much data... Reducing the bitrate to 48khz would probably reduce the size quite a bit without all that much quality loss. I guess I'll share what Ive done so far and see where to go from there?

Edit: So here's an mp3 of what Ive done; http://www.sendspace.com/file/rtr68d . I guess, take a listen and let me know what to share and what not to? Or something like that?

Love your work with it , nice ! Yeah I would like to have that part in 4.30 something , when the tracks fading and changing a bit. And the synth sounds would be cool. I am going to work with the hihats some , not so satisfied with them. =) I can receive and send large files, its okay with me. But dont know about you , i got fiber 100 mbit. (swedish) I guess you are from the states yes ? Alleycat :) Hehe , but shouldnt we increase the tempo a bit as well? I got some logic bomb feeling over this , or something deep.. Its nice.

This weekend im going away , and tonight my daughter is here.. So more work with this in the end of this weekend , or monday..

But I liked your stuff , inspired =)

Reduce it to 48kHz? What's it at now? How big is it if you leave the files at 24 bit, 44.1kHz?

Im on a wireless connection so it may take a while to upload full tracks... But, I did the final arranging and mixing in Ableton with just usual 32 beat loops. Maybe I can just give you the Ableton file (am I right, thinking you have Ableton?) and the samples for it. That would probably be easiest. That way you can crank the speed. I was kinda thinking the same thing, that it would sound nice faster.

Glad you're enjoying it! I am too, its quite different than my usual style, its good to branch out and try new things, keeps the creative juices flowing.

Veracohr: I could upload tracks at lower rates for you, or I could just give you the Ableton file and you can take it from there perhaps? The samples referenced are something like 30mb at full quality so it will be drastically smaller than raw Ableton track output.

edit: Scratch that, about 50mb, but still waaay smaller.

COmpressed to .rar, the files are a little over 30mb. Ill just give you all the Ableton file and its samples and you can either use that as a base for more work, or export individual tracks for yourself at whatever quality.

(The final mixdown was 280mb at 32bit float/96khz for those who were wondering)

Here's the .rar, contains the Ableton file and all referenced samples (I think? Let me know and kick me if I forgot any): http://www.sendspace.com/file/n03m1r Ableton probably wont know where the samples are, youll just have to tell it where to look. (Usually a red bar pops up in the lower left corner, click that, then set the folder to be searched as the folder where the samps are) ;)

COmpressed to .rar, the files are a little over 30mb. Ill just give you all the Ableton file and its samples and you can either use that as a base for more work, or export individual tracks for yourself at whatever quality.

(The final mixdown was 280mb at 32bit float/96khz for those who were wondering)

Here's the .rar, contains the Ableton file and all referenced samples (I think? Let me know and kick me if I forgot any): http://www.sendspace.com/file/n03m1r Ableton probably wont know where the samples are, youll just have to tell it where to look. (Usually a red bar pops up in the lower left corner, click that, then set the folder to be searched as the folder where the samps are) ;)

Thank you ! =) Im back from Stockholm and digging in in Ableton again ! Ill upload some files for you soon ! Peace out!