Entheogenic vs. Shpongle

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uh, people are getting excited :D

And Cinos it doesn't help you to insult people here, they wont change their tastes because of it.

IMHO Entheogenic are the best in this field, that's of course my opinion.

312785[/snapback]

Okay... I'll ignore the fact that their music sucks, and go to the heart of the matter: MUSICAL QUALITY! You can clearly hear they've just thrown together the tracks in a day. Production is bad, and there is no tangible feeling of quality.

Musical quality is were Entheogenic beats Shpongle by far.

But this wasn't supposed to be about who is better, but how you feel about them.

312792[/snapback]

You just proved that you fail completely. Nobody can say that, and it's not a matter of opinions either. :D

BTW: Yes it was - Topic title: Entheogenic vs. Shpongle

Now to start off, this isn't a topic about who is better, I don't even want it to go there.  I want to hear opinions about both these artists, what you like about them, what comparisons they have and what differences they have....I just got Entheogenics album yesterday and I felt like discussing these two great artists

DIFFERENCES:

Entheogenic is more organic sounding....like the sounds and music are comming from some rainforest and into our stereos and back out our speakers.  They're sound is more melodic, soft and sensual...very peaceful and not so psychedelic.

Shpongle uses production to make the listener go "what the fuck was that".  The mood of Shpongle isn't as relaxingly peaceful as Entheogenic but more psychedelic and interesting because you never know what's going to happen next.

OVERALL

I really enjoy both artsist and think they are very different from each other but share a common ground.  I'm really not certain why Entheogenics album isn't red flagged, I hope it can be changed.  I have come up with an analogy that expresses the styles of Shpongle and Entheogenic IMO...

Entheogenic : Mushrooms :: Shpongle : LSD

46475[/snapback]

Very well said, also your analogy fits perfectly

Musical quality is were Entheogenic beats Shpongle by far.

But this wasn't supposed to be about who is better, but how you feel about them.

312792[/snapback]

LOL

The 3rd Shpongle album has some of the most fantastic musical pieces. This is ridiculous. Just clean your ears and hear When Shall I Be Free. The trumpets there can make the most cynical listeners to break in tears.

LOL

The 3rd Shpongle album has some of the most fantastic musical pieces. This is ridiculous. Just clean your ears and hear When Shall I Be Free. The trumpets there can make the most cynical listeners to break in tears.

312822[/snapback]

but then again the vocal part on that and the next track sound like some eurovision song

Entheogenics biggest mistake IMO is lack of new ideas. When I heard the first track on the new album, I thought - gosh, it really sound exactly the same than some track from the previous albums... only it wasn't so good anymore.

But overall I really enjoyed the second Entheogenic album ,and some pieces from the 3rd arre very good too... but the problem of same elements reocurring is there.

Shpongle is much more diverse, they don't have their own sound, they just have their own feeling.. That's why Shpongle has been my no1 ever since I heard them.

My rating to them:

Entheogenic- 8/10

Shpongle - 10

btw - two artists that fit in between them in my psy-downtempo list are

Carbon Based Lifeforms - 9.5/10

Phutureprimitive- 8.5/10

In my opinion, Shpongle run out of ideas, always they same kind of effects. He lost it completely on the 3rd album, at least he lost me.

Where else the 3r Entheogenic is a great album.

I dind't know we are going to vote on tastes here, but ok:

Entheogenic:10

Shpongle: 7

Phutureprimitive- 8.5/10

312836[/snapback]

They are almost better than Shpongle IMO! :D

There's one thing enthegenic does well... track titles. They always make me want to listen to the tracks.

In my opinion, Shpongle run out of ideas, always they same kind of effects. He lost it completely on the 3rd album, at least he lost me.

Where else the 3r Entheogenic is a great album.

I dind't know we are going to vote on tastes here, but ok:

Entheogenic:10

Shpongle: 7

312840[/snapback]

I don't even want to talk about the 3rd Shpongle. Shpongles album were less and less to my liking. Entheogenic got better.

Entheogenic does it perfectly well for me.

Shpongle uses production to make the listener go "what the fuck was that".  The mood of Shpongle isn't as relaxingly peaceful as Entheogenic but more psychedelic and interesting because you never know what's going to happen next.

Wow, this is extremely well put.

I had to quote that. That's the essence for me. And that's also what I don't like about Shpongle and why I like Entheogenic much better...

All you Shpongle dissers are going to hell. You'll hear plenty of Skazi there. That's for sure. :angry:

312961[/snapback]

:lol: , so skazi is in hell...

who's in heaven :blink:

Me, playing chess with Einstein and darts with Moses.

313025[/snapback]

would it be rude if I say I would want to go to hell if that's heaven :unsure: