Interstellar Overdrive

Trolsk

I just heard Interstellar Overdrive, not the Pink Floyd track, but the psytrance act.

Wow, that's my kind of psychedelic trance! Dark, weird and with some haunting melodic parts.

Who are they?

Why are they unreleased?

Are there any more tracks besides Dark Awakening and Part 4?

another interstellar overdrive thread..

it is two greeks behind this project, i have the pleasure of meeting them and so i have some info.

AFAIK, they are somehow "afraid" of releasing music. the only release i know of is in the second samothraki comp i believe, a track under the "prisma" project.

then.. some older tracks have circulated over the net. (i seem to have lost my copies and i hate this cause they're so damn amazing). i believe it was 3 or 4 parts (not named in order) that were going around the internet.

all in the same style, psychedelic to the bone, giving you a strong urge to dance, etc..

these tracks are quite old.. i wouldnt know exactly how old but at least pre-2000, possibly quite more.

but like i said the guys never got real interested in the prospect of signing under a label and releasing, despite receiving offers.

i know they are still into making music (or at least up to it until very recently) and they seem born to be musicians. i dont know if there will be any releases in the future.

and for historic purposes, they have played a live set in the first samothraki festival. i missed the live but everyone present was speaking with the best possible words.

never heard of any other interstellar overdrive appearance since. they've kind of become a legend i guess..

edit: funny note, a couple that was about to get married was researching them on psynews some time ago and i wrote the same info. they wanted to contact them and ask them to play in their wedding. but as you will have realised by now, they said thanks but turned down the offer.

Are there any more tracks besides Dark Awakening and Part 4?

Yes there are.There's a demo with 9 or 10 tunes if i remember well.Really hard to find.Had it and lost it after an HD crash <_<

and for historic purposes, they have played a live set in the first samothraki festival. i missed the live but everyone present was speaking with the best possible words.

never heard of any other interstellar overdrive appearance since. they've kind of become a legend i guess..

I missed that live as well.They played as Quantasia.I later got to listen to a few unreleased Quantasia tunes and i was really impressed and gutted for having missed that set.

I have them all! Haha! I collected in Goa like.. 7 years ago or something. But I think I got 5 or 6 parts.

i really wouldnt remember how many they are.

one track is called part10. however i dont recall ever seeing 10 i.o. tracks anywhere ;)

i.o.? Whats that :D

Hey, no online places to listen to?

My humble guess would be that i.o. stands for Interstellar Overdrive, as implied by the thread title. But then again, this whole topic is covered with a veil of mystery...

For real though, I'm with reger and I am all for hearing their tunes, people! Give us tha muzack!

:D

I thought i posted a reply to Unik and Rino like and hour ago, apparently i forgot and left reply field empty and didnt write a thing into it, oh well :ph34r:

edit: apparently i DID! Meh. So, in which hubs does one find those tracks?

can anyone get me in contact with them?

i had a email exchange with them in 2003 or 2004 but i lost all my old mail so i don't know how to reach them anymore.

I remember i found them asking at some online shops or at the people of lemon/freeze magazine.

I must see if there is no way to move them to change their mind about releasing, as i'd love to get a track licensed for an eventual compilation :)

is exactly the mad greek style i like, same as magus.

boom!

PS: i remember they told me they had 11 finalized tracks on DAT and that's it, in the beginning they were all called part 1,2,3 etc and some got renamed later on like mio amio, tedek od and other names.. overall i heard i think 6 diff tracks, no idea on how the rest is

• 2 weeks later...

can anyone get me in contact with them?

i had a email exchange with them in 2003 or 2004 but i lost all my old mail so i don't know how to reach them anymore.

I remember i found them asking at some online shops or at the people of lemon/freeze magazine.

I must see if there is no way to move them to change their mind about releasing, as i'd love to get a track licensed for an eventual compilation :)

is exactly the mad greek style i like, same as magus.

boom!

PS: i remember they told me they had 11 finalized tracks on DAT and that's it, in the beginning they were all called part 1,2,3 etc and some got renamed later on like mio amio, tedek od and other names.. overall i heard i think 6 diff tracks, no idea on how the rest is

I can't help you, but if you could manage to get those tracks released it would be excellent! Good luck!

• 3 years later...

Unikos and or Gnome, would you like to try another time contacting them? we are gathering tracks for mind rewind 2 and I am very interested in their music. U may tell them 2012 is here and it's the end of the world, maybe they are willing to let the music flow now after so many years?

• 2 years later...

Interstellar Overdrive live in 2011

And samples from all their old tracks we could find, for who never heard them plus one full track on YT

http://unreleasedgoa.blogspot.it/2013/10/interstellar-overdrive_4198.html

"When trying to contact them through a guy who knows them, they didn't want to get in touch nor reveal their real names."

Guys must've been real shy. Today everyone puts their face, name, adress, credit card number and then some on the interwebs for all to see.

Penzoline, I am now i contact with them, even have the skype of one but the answer is still the same... but I will try harder, you never know :)

I also thought it was interesting to show their new direction, they are leaning toward darker vibes.