Psy & other dance-music recommendations? Post '02 tho.

Malevol3nt

Well since we're going to talk about music in here, and I haven't really digged up into much of psy ever since AP released Amen back in '02, I guess this is a good time to retrace on what's new.

Are there any psytrance subgenres except full-on worth checking out that evolved since 02? Albums, comps, anything really. Prog style is also welcome, I'm not going to reject something I haven't tasted yet. But full-on is out of the question, sorry it's just my personal taste. ;) I've allready digged up deep into ambient music but I wanna check out whats new with other genres aswell. Oh and you don't have to recommend suntrip releases as I know about those allready hehe. Hope you can help!

Cheers!

Well since we're going to talk about music in here, and I haven't really digged up into much of psy ever since AP released Amen back in '02, I guess this is a good time to retrace on what's new.

Are there any psytrance subgenres except full-on worth checking out that evolved since 02? Albums, comps, anything really. Prog style is also welcome, I'm not going to reject something I haven't tasted yet. But full-on is out of the question, sorry it's just my personal taste. ;) I've allready digged up deep into ambient music but I wanna check out whats new with other genres aswell. Oh and you don't have to recommend suntrip releases as I know about those allready hehe. Hope you can help!

Cheers!

evolved, well everthing got a bit more fullon tinted, but I don't think that's you want to hear,

refreshing ?

minimal and progressive are doing fine, forest trance also

try

liquid soul,

trold & Troll Scientists

triptych

extrawelt

etc x 100

2002 is a long time ago :unsure:

Coolio. I've heard good things about it. Got any artist recommendations?

Anything by Timecode and Nexus Media. And I really mean anything.

It's great cause SA psy is one of the few Psy genres that actually evolved through the years, especially after 2002. (that was actually the year SA psy was born).

It started as more dark, techno-ish and fat, but evolved in more melodic, acidic yet still powerful. But it was always quality music. I love almost everything is gettting released from down there.

Check also MMD records and Vision records.

Plus there are many more labels that produce hard serious full on and not israeli crap, so if you're interested let me know.