Saddest music ever

Aeros

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Secede - Kingdom Of Hearts

Asura - Fahrenheit

These are blatantly sad and can probably bring tears to anyone.

Some more sadness:

Bluetech

Many tracks.

The Orb - A Huge Ever Growing Pulsating Brain That Rules From the Centre of the Ultraworld

I love this track, particularly the female sample voice I find very saddening.

The Muses Rapt - The Return Of The Travellers

This one is impressively emotional.

Trentemøller - The Last Resort CD 1

Particularly midway in.

Indica - Fairy Tale, Fly Me Over the Rainbow and Tomorrow May Never Come

To me this brings the cheesy kind of sadness felt, for example, when viewing a puppy or a kitten i distress. I like it nevertheless, *twirl*.

Kettel - I Live You

This guy is great, all his albums are enjoyable, but I find his Re: Through Friendly Waters to be the most sophisticated.

Secede - Kingdom Of Hearts

Asura - Fahrenheit

These are blatantly sad and can probably bring tears to anyone.

Some more sadness:

Bluetech

Many tracks.

The Orb - A Huge Ever Growing Pulsating Brain That Rules From the Centre of the Ultraworld

I love this track, particularly the female sample voice I find very saddening.

The Muses Rapt - The Return Of The Travellers

This one is impressively emotional.

Trentemøller - The Last Resort CD 1

Particularly midway in.

Indica - Fairy Tale, Fly Me Over the Rainbow and Tomorrow May Never Come

To me this brings the cheesy kind of sadness felt, for example, when viewing a puppy or a kitten i distress. I like it nevertheless, *twirl*.

Kettel - I Live You

This guy is great, all his albums are enjoyable, but I find his Re: Through Friendly Waters to be the most sophisticated.

when it comes to psytrance emo tinted indeed the muses rapt has some sadness in it's paradoxical way of being melodic,

I can't listen to it anymore to be honest, good music, too much memories attached :)

always experienced bp empire the most sad album of infected mushroom, the entire concept of the album has something humble...

1. Mozart - Requiem - Lacrimosa.

here's the best version I could find on youtube, just ignore the vid

Beethoven - Symphony No. 7 Part 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdfNTO_o-3k

Rachmaninov - Our Father

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiSiRAZRCVA

Russian church choir music. Such music is almost depressive by nature, but extremely beautiful. This is actually one of my favorite pieces of music ever. :o

John Williams - Schindler's List Theme

Howard Shore - LOTR:The Two Towers - Gollum's Song

Dark Ambient:

Raison D'etre - The Well of Sadness

Raison D'etre - In Emptiness

aphex twin - rhubarb

Totally agree. Although not so much sad as sentimental/melancholic to my brain. I don't like 95% of Aphex Twin, but Rhubarb and Alberto Balsalm get to me.

I honestly don't know any music that comes off as literally sad, stuff that makes me want to cry without smiling at the same time. Górecki's Third Symphony ("Symphony of Sorrowful Songs") comes closest, especially the first movement, the Lento. Electronically, it's definitely Arovane's Thaem Nue (wistful like Rhubarb).

I honestly don't know any music that comes off as literally sad, stuff that makes me want to cry without smiling at the same time. Górecki's Third Symphony ("Symphony of Sorrowful Songs") comes closest, especially the first movement, the Lento.

I think this is used in a movie about the Yugoslavian Civil War (real films made under the war w no sound except his Third Symphony)... should be damn sad from what I have heard!

The saddest song I know? Difficult.

I'd say it's Vond - Selvmord ... or something along the lines of

... this special type of no future dark ambient sad music.

I almost don't listen to it anymore though because this stuff is so depressive that when I'm depressed this really can drag me faaar down...

Other than that, Desiderii Marginis - Still Life is also a very cold and sad song...

My dying bride

best doom metal I ever heard

"a kiss to remember" :)

http://www.discogs.com/release/1193166

Yeah!

Also "Two winters only", "Black God", "Roads" - it's a remake from Portishead and totally rocks, "Your River" and "For my Fallen Angel", but almost each album is nice melancholy.

but Very recommended

Shape Of Despair - Angels Of Distress

And bands: Ahab, Skepticism, Cult of Luna, Tyranny, Empyrium and maybe Pantheist, Evoken, Mournful Congregation, Monolithe and Esoteric.

Acid Bath - great, original band. Very experimental. albums again are older though 94/96 I think. again needs remastering

And there I was thinking i was the only one that loved this band. Absolutely recommended! But it needs remastering indeed, it sounds way too "sharp" it hurts your ears.

As for doom i can strongly advise:

Ufomammut - Snailking

Electric Wizard - Dopethrone

And if you like post hardcore stuff like Neurosis have a listen at these Belgian bands "Amen Ra" and "Steak Number 8" (these last ones are only 15 years old but they are fucking good!) and ofcourse: Isis, Pelican, Cult of Luna, Mono