Underestimated artists

Ormion

Actually lots of artists don't seem to get many replies in the review section.

Jikkenteki's albums for example & Tamlin I would have thought would have more comments on this site.

cujorius one's "the art of mindfucking" didn't even get a review :l

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have actually begun writing one on that. But seeing as Cujo is a friend of mine, I would like to see someone else start the topic :/ Maybe I should actually just post it one day, it sure deserves it :)

I have actually begun writing one on that. But seeing as Cujo is a friend of mine, I would like to see someone else start the topic :/ Maybe I should actually just post it one day, it sure deserves it :)

post it! it's possibly better than nothing, & certainly better than a half-baked fluffymushi 'review'.

short DG review

Amanite FX, they only made Superb fantastic tracks, and they seem to be forgotten completely...

Unfortunately I've only listened to the Black Rain track they made with Prana.

Were they really that good?

• 2 months later...

I've played at the same event as Asteca twice so far. While I recall him being decent, unfortunately I don't really recall what he sounds like much anymore. Of the unknown Japanese artists I find 01-N to probably be the pick of the litter at the moment.

His music is rather heavy and crazy (when I heard him anyways), I though it sounded a bit like a Japanese Derango, since it has some of the same bass-dynamics as them and the with "Japanese music" on top, for me the sound was pretty unique. I hope I will get the chance to re-hear some of that stuff again some day?! :rolleyes:

for underestimated artists I still can't help of thinking of:

Trold

:ph34r:

They have the whole package: massive drive, twisting melodies and brilliant composition!

Shiva Chandra seems underrated to me. He should really be in the hall of fame. Just listen to "Midi Kill". Or "Nep-Tune" by his side project collaboration Prime Time Plastix. Does it get any heavier than that?

Shiva Chandra seems underrated to me. He should really be in the hall of fame. Just listen to "Midi Kill". Or "Nep-Tune" by his side project collaboration Prime Time Plastix. Does it get any heavier than that?

Yeah, Shiva Chandra is great ... the new stuff isn't appreciated by that many anymore though. I didn't like it a lot aswell some time ago (especially the recent output), but I got to see it needs time to grow and now I love it :)

But if you dig a little, you'll find some threads ... also one about Prime Time Plastix (I remember that one).

Shiva Chandra caused some discussion by venturing away from oldschool into his characteristic regular style that was appreciated by some and disliked by some.

But now he ventures into minimal electro territories anyway, away from psy...

Technossomy and GNOTR are hardly underestimated. Both groups were in the front line when they were active and released well selling albums for major labels.

I said Tufaan, not GNOTR ;) As for Technossomy well I haven't heard that much hype about them (didn't even know they were so good until I just randomly stumbled on the Make it Fit EP in a batch of records I bought off someone else :) )

I think Technossomy were pretty popular back then. Ok maybe a bit underestimated but not exactly unknown or something.

Tuffan is a side project of GNOTR and I don't think they have written more than 3 tracks.

I said Tufaan, not GNOTR ;)

(Almost) same guys, doesn't matter. Checking discogs reveals to me there's... are you ready? ONE original, non-GNOTR rmx, Tufaan track existing called "Boxed". So there you have it. I would bet GNOTR used their Tufaan rmxes in sets pretty commonly. That's more coverage most goa acts with 3 vinyls released get.

And when you have a back catalog of 3 vinyls it's clear you're not the most talked act. One needs continuity and consistency to be in the top charts.

(Almost) same guys, doesn't matter. Checking discogs reveals to me there's... are you ready? ONE original, non-GNOTR rmx, Tufaan track existing called "Boxed". So there you have it. I would bet GNOTR used their Tufaan rmxes in sets pretty commonly. That's more coverage most goa acts with 3 vinyls released get.

And when you have a back catalog of 3 vinyls it's clear you're not the most talked act. One needs continuity and consistency to be in the top charts.

oh I didn't know that Tufaan and GNOTR were the same artists (they sound so different...). Guess I should visit discogs more often ;)

Two tracks that I'm surprised get so little attention....

Charm - Brain Structure

Sound Pollution - Where

Two tracks that I'm surprised get so little attention....

Charm - Brain Structure

Sound Pollution - Where

Well, they both had lots of attention (the groups I mean) under their known aliasses:

Charm = Kuro

Sound Pollution = Indoor

True, its just that these tracks are, IMHO, the best I've heard of their respective producers. Yes, I know saying that Where is the best Ofer Dikovsky track is a lot but the track is simply perfect.

Of K.U.R.O. I've only heard Zoa, and I'd say Brain Structure is definitely better.