Underestimated artists

Ormion

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope he was ambient master because his goa trance sounded so bad I was going to throw it in the garbage. :blink:

I don't like most of his Goa/acid too (although he has written great tracks), but his ambient works are simply breathtaking!

A real master, really.

• 2 weeks later...

There are so many artists that are totally under appreciated. How many compilations do you have that have an absolutely stellar track by an artist you've never heard of & find nothing else from when you search?

Recently I've been wondering about Reality Pixie who's had just a few compilation tracks but they are so good! I wonder if they are just not productive or just not getting their stuff out there.

Asteca - the craziest Japanese psychedelic I have ever heard (in a good way), never heard anybody mention him, saw him once in Bangkok last year and it was amazing. I never heard anything he made since (not that I had heard something before), can't seem to find any!? :( The only online info I have found is this:

http://www.psy16.com/psy16_artists-asteca.htm

Ormion mentioned Jake Stephenson, and while on the subject i have to mention David Hendry. Anyone else having those Rumour / Jumpin & Pumpin' multiple CD releases from 1999-2003 circa will surely agree.

I have some Rumour multiple cds comps, but I never heard a track by him. Is he good?

Ubar Tmar - this guys makes psy like it should be

Chi-a.d. - ok people know him but he's not mentioned with the greats and I think he should be.

Two albums....

Har el Pruskky - Pagan Moon Child - very underappreciated dunno why

C.O.P. - Urban Alien - imo its quite ahead of its time

Matenda. Definitively. I mean, on the other hand it's not even so bad he's underrated, this way he'll remain a kind of secret tip...

Asteca - the craziest Japanese psychedelic I have ever heard (in a good way), never heard anybody mention him, saw him once in Bangkok last year and it was amazing. I never heard anything he made since (not that I had heard something before), can't seem to find any!? :( The only online info I have found is this:

http://www.psy16.com/psy16_artists-asteca.htm

I've played at the same event as Asteca twice so far. While I recall him being decent, unfortunately I don't really recall what he sounds like much anymore. Of the unknown Japanese artists I find 01-N to probably be the pick of the litter at the moment.

orion,

he is like space tribe, electric universe, mfg, one the greatest artist who started releasing in the beginning,

and still is present and can be surprising at the same time,

but I don't see him mentioned a lot...

• 2 weeks later...

Actually lots of artists don't seem to get many replies in the review section.

Jikkenteki's albums for example & Tamlin I would have thought would have more comments on this site.

I would say Jikkenteki as well, i recently bought his 2 albums and have been positively surprised.

The downtempo part on "The Long Walk Home" keeps blowing me away, same goes for "Flights of Infinity" as a whole.

If it wasn't for his free release of his last album and abasio's intriguing review, i would have probably missed him.