Dimension 5 > Pleiadians

sunwolf

I don't even understand how people can compare these groups, let alone say Pleiadians is #1 in goa trance. :rolleyes:

Close your eyes and imagine all those layers and melodies thrown into the directionless Pleidians tracks on IFO. Imagine that they are being precisely arranged to tell a series of unique epic stories. The unnecessary stuff is being cut out. All the layers are being tweaked to work together to create a beautiful sound rather than relying on enough melodies thrown in 1 track to provide random sensations the whole way through. They are being arranged into epic builds and don't just have simple repeating melodies going in and out. What do you see now? Surely it is... omg... Transdimensional...!? :D

Granted that Second Phaze, being a much inferior album to Transdimensional, might be more comparable to Pleidians. But there's still the Magik Universe and To Sirius which can be played against a Family Of Light or Alien Protein attack. And even The Uncertainly Principle can be used in combat to defeat a 21st century Etnica release. :lol: :wank:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dimension 5's music to my ears sounds too simple. The melodies are okay but lose the magic when repeated too many times during the track. But it's taste as we know.

+1, though I can't say I'm a big fan of Pleiadians either...

Dimension 5's music to my ears sounds too simple. The melodies are okay but lose the magic when repeated too many times during the track. But it's taste as we know.

Ah! The simplicity could probably be the reason why I like Dimension 5 so much. I hate too complex stuff :P

Seriously, what I heard from Dimension 5 (a fair lot) was far better than what I heard of Pleiadians (3 tracks maybe, not that much, but enough to not make me want to hear more).

all in all Dimension 5 wins over Pleiadians for me

I can't explain why, the tracks simply appeal me more, altough I love many pleiadian tracks, they sometimes go a little over the top, too much sounds and melodies at the same time... that's the only reason I guess :)

I am content on saying I like both equally the same for different moods. In comparing D5-Transdimensional to Plieadians-IFO since they're easy to compare to me, Transdimensional is more "driving" music =] while IFO is more DANCE YOUR ASS OFF music. If they sounded the same and were made the same way, I think I'd be rather bored. There's already a lot of copycat psy past and present that just doesn't rumble right. Uniqueness is awesome! =] And they definitely have their own styles.

d

I like the second dimension 5 more then the first...

well compare, it's goatrance both, don't see the big deal if people think otherwise,

for me it's totally different, dimension is more concept one layered trance / morning trance (california sunshine ect...)

and IFO is full melodic goatrance

it all depends on how much you analyze or sometimes over analyze albums imo ;)

I don't even understand how people can compare these groups, let alone say Pleiadians is #1 in goa trance. :rolleyes:

Love this quote! Are you not yourself comparing them? :P

Either way I prefer Pleiadians! FOL was such a great album, it blew my socks & toenails right off it did.

For me dimension 5 is more galactic & often took me on deep space journeys whereas Pleiadians is more nut fuck in your head rip out your reality type stuff.

"Transdimensional" is a fantastic 78 minute voyage through trance. Plain and simple. Samey, yes. Boring, hell no. Many don't agree, but D5's debut is actually an album where I am delighted that 9/10 tracks are basically just extensions of each other. Certain melodic segments are really memorable, thus hence the album's status as one of goa trance's high points.

I actually like Electron Wave's album more than any other work by that clique.

"The uncertainty principle" actually aims straight to the head and drops out many fluffy and cheesy elements which occasionally plagued their earlier releases. The melodies are sharper and more focused, plus some production effects on there are awesome.

That said, I could have easily stopped listening to psy trance after having been acquainted with the Pleiadians. Anybody could. Dimension 5 had a phenomenal debut in my ears, but just too confined within already rigid genre limits. The Pleiadians knew no limits, had no limits and set limits other are yet to overcome.

No variation

Is this a joke?! :rolleyes:

All these albums are very different styles: Transdimensional, Second Phaze, Magik Universe, To Sirius, The Uncertainty Principle

The only thing in common is that they are all (the first 4 at least) awesome!

The sounds don't vary much throughout the album... is that your problem? Why would anyone want them to? The whole point is for them not to, and for them to be mixed together for a 70-80 minutes of nonstop ownage music, even if it uses similar sounds throughout.

Pleiadians albums are like all one style. Maybe the tracks on the album have a wider range of sounds....

Transdimensional is more "driving" music =] while IFO is more DANCE YOUR ASS OFF music.

Agreed. Seems like the DANCE YOUR ASS OFF crowd runs the Pleiadians bandwagon. Look at what bandwagons they run in other genres of music for a view of how poor their taste is. :unsure: The music isn't very good when you're not in a crowded field waving your arms and legs around.

Love this quote! Are you not yourself comparing them? :P

It's a figure of speech bub. It's like saying how can you even compare a peasant to a prince? One is so much superior to the other that it's crude to mention them in the same sentence. Get it?

Either way I prefer Pleiadians! FOL was such a great album, it blew my socks & toenails right off it did.

I also preferred FOL to IFO.

Magik Universe defeats allmost every goatrance release.

QFT! I often second doubt that Transdimensional is better. :wub:

Dimension 5 had a phenomenal debut in my ears, but just too confined within already rigid genre limits. The Pleiadians knew no limits, had no limits and set limits other are yet to overcome.

What are you talking about? :blink:

What are you talking about? :blink:

I already wrote what I am talking about in my first post, but since you have not elaborated upon which part of my post do you not agree with any why, I don't know what and how to respond, and/or what part of your filed complaint should I focus on. :D

Anyways, I wasn't bashing anything, as you can see, and I wrote, I quite like "Transdimensional", so there is no need to act all tough behind the monitor, it won't get you anywhere, relax... I was merely saying that "Transdimensional" is an excellent, superb old school goa trance classic. But it all stops there. "I.F.O.", on the other hand, in terms of sound explorations and maximalizing the limits of psychedelic trance music, goes beyond anything released within the genre up to then. That was known in 1997 and is still a fact on solid grounds in 2008. And let's face it, tastes are tastes, but the fact somebody makes a thread about it won't change history; love the album 'til you die or burn it with a lighter, but "I.F.O." wins out. Not to be confused, that does not and cannot diminish the beauty and quality of "Transdimensional".

Anyways, all I know is that everything I had by the whole D5/Hunab Ku/Ra crew was sold for next to nothing to random people, except "The uncertainty principle", which is veeeeeery good. I couldn't stand the goat cheese attack of their other releases.

It's a figure of speech bub. It's like saying how can you even compare a peasant to a prince? One is so much superior to the other that it's crude to mention them in the same sentence. Get it?

Yeah it's one of those stupid phrases that so many people use but never really think about & it's one that really annoys me.

You can't compare A to B! A is much better. I think you just compared them there mate!

Can I ask you a question? Didn't give me much of a choice there did you?

You've lost your keys? They'll be in the last place you look? No shit sherlock, I'm not going to continue looking after I found them am I?

There are so many <_<

+1

Imo Pleiadians reached a higher artistic level with their complex rhythms that had more depth than Transdimensional did. Though Antidote and Beetlesnuff sure are good tracks :)