Your deepest influences

frozen dream

just found a track i haven't heard since ages, i remember when i was 12-13 something i heard it for the first time from the techno tapes from my older brother who used to record live and dj sets from the fuse in brussels broadcasted live on the radio. some of that stuff was really SICK imho, not in terms of brutal dance music but in terms of melancholic and emotional passages, this techno music, its so simple, some beats, percussion and a few leads, so direct. i remember some ken ishii dj set or live set with tracks that were really out of reality with strings like a majestic ascent to heaven or something and there is one killar live set by dave angel in summer '99 that will always remain in my memory, with passages so beautiful you could easily cry

the track i'm talking about here really made a big impression on me, the melody is so simple but the feeling is just right, like trance blues, it's not real techno it's cherry moon stuff, so techno with clubtrance feel. stuff like this sticks inside my head for ages, in goa its all not to the point, this track really is. I remember back then i was really thinking that music was the greatest thing around and that i hoped to do something in music one day, not having any clue about music production or anything of the likes yet.

man this melancholic tune is so cool :drama:

Miro - Purple Moon

nice track

about my deepest influences, i can only mention things from a far past

those are mainly tapes and mixtapes i got from friends (talking bout 1992 - 1997 or sth)

mixtapes of At The Villa (belgian club)

a obscure mixtape mixed by a friend of a friend

and some other tapes with old house i got when i was a kid

tracks that i can think of now that got me inspired and which i eventually found (title-wise)

Al Ferox - Dead Zone

Marco Bailey - Sniff

X-Ray - Requim

there are more, but can't find them online

My Deepest influences are as follows:

Kraftwerk - Autobahn ( http://www.discogs.com/release/15159 ) For obvious reasons :) Also, released when I was born hehe.

Hardfloor - Hardtrance Acperience EP ( http://www.discogs.com/release/17563 ) THE Acid trance track ever made together with Microwave Prince's Cyclic Evolution ( http://www.discogs.com/release/26777 )

Hardfloor - TB Resuscitation ( http://www.discogs.com/release/16325 ) Well, got most of my Acid influences from Hardfloor and this album really has influenced me a lot!

The Age of Love - The age of Love ( http://www.discogs.com/release/41526 ) All time killargh, which still gives me the chills...

Vapourspace - Gravitational Arch of 10 ( http://www.discogs.com/release/15283 ) This techno track.... wow! :)

There are of course loads more, but the above always follow me, and I always listen back to get some inspiration from time to time :)

Yves Deruyter- Calling earth

Joey Beltram- Psycho bass

Speedy J- Pull over

B)

X-101- Sonic destroyer

Some tunes I remeber from way back when. Couldn't stop listening.

Project II Trance

By the time I got to 3:57 of Genetic - Trancemission I was hooked on Goa & knew I would be needing more & more.

Mystery Of The Yeti

Before this I thought that proper ambient was super boring but this took my mind on voyages I had never imagined were possible.

This coupled with The Infinity Project - Mystical Experiences which I purchased shortly after really made me appreciate ambient & set the scene for me too enjoy more & more minimal & even beatless stuff :)

I remember dozing to The Answer & in the semi sleeping state I could hear the music & it affected my dreams. I remember in the dream I was in a small spacecraft or maybe just a pod floating through the outer reaches of the solar system. The sense of being very far away from home was intense & very very real! Since then I always sleep with ambient music on & it seeps into my dreams & molds them into a rich tapestry of images :)

Mystery Of The Yeti

Before this I thought that proper ambient was super boring but this took my mind on voyages I had never imagined were possible.

This coupled with The Infinity Project - Mystical Experiences which I purchased shortly after really made me appreciate ambient & set the scene for me too enjoy more & more minimal & even beatless stuff :)

I remember dozing to The Answer & in the semi sleeping state I could hear the music & it affected my dreams. I remember in the dream I was in a small spacecraft or maybe just a pod floating through the outer reaches of the solar system. The sense of being very far away from home was intense & very very real! Since then I always sleep with ambient music on & it seeps into my dreams & molds them into a rich tapestry of images :)

exactly this

and music that's made its impression from when i was little,

some classical like mozart, beethoven, liszt, shubert, even rachmaninoff

guns n roses

pink floyd

vangelis

jmj

then a lot of dnb and rave mixes

it all started with Pink Floyd (Meddle, Animals, Dark Side of the Moon) and Eloy (Floating, Inside, Ocean)

then I got more into Krautrock with likes, Grobschnitt, Jane, Omega, Ash Ra Temple, Tangerine Dream

and then Tangerine Dream and Klaus Schulze got me hooked to electronic music, but all i could find was euro trance/house until i got a batch of MP3s including Shpongle, Bluetech, Entheogenic...

and this was the beginning of my addiction! today, if i don't listen to music it clearly affects my mood :unsure: kindda scary

now this track is one i always loved:)

a cheesy but pretty......(well, i`m a girl, i`m allowed)

right i`m off to trance out now to all my old vinyl stuff...........

and write a blog on my musical influences....:)

just found a track i haven't heard since ages, i remember when i was 12-13 something i heard it for the first time from the techno tapes from my older brother who used to record live and dj sets from the fuse in brussels broadcasted live on the radio. some of that stuff was really SICK imho, not in terms of brutal dance music but in terms of melancholic and emotional passages, this techno music, its so simple, some beats, percussion and a few leads, so direct. i remember some ken ishii dj set or live set with tracks that were really out of reality with strings like a majestic ascent to heaven or something and there is one killar live set by dave angel in summer '99 that will always remains in my memory, with passages so beautiful you could easily cry

the track i'm talking about here really made a big impression on me, the melody is so simple but the feeling is just right, like trance blues, it's not real techno it's cherry moon stuff, so techno with clubtrance feel. stuff like this sticks inside my head for ages, in goa its all not to the point, this track really is. I remember back then i was really thinking that music was the greatest thing around and that i hoped to do something in music one day, not having any clue about music production or anything of the likes yet.

man this melancholic tune is so cool :drama:

Miro - Purple Moon

Fuse was fucking cool ! OMG, I've had some good times there...

some tracks i've dug up lately to relisten:

technasia - acid storm

Inner City - good life

reu East - Birmingham remix/ original

I'm looking for some old tracks, so if someone knows a classic in the same genre as these please reply.

First, it was mainstream pop music, then I found Linkin Park, there on I was just stuck in rock/metal/heavy/mainstream music.

I believe that the thing that first got me into electronic was Hybrid, there was this track called "Unfinished Symphony" and I looked it up and found hybrid.

But the thing that got me into psy was actually "Mona Lisa Overdrive" on the highway scene from Matrix Reloaded. I loved the sound and looked the Matrix Reloaded OST up and learned that it was by Juno Reactor. Time passed by and I somehow ended up typing Juno on last.fm and then I found Astrix, 1200micrograms, hallucinogen etc. and I was almost hooked on psy but it was quite there yet. I hadn't really found anything "OMAGAWD"-worthy stuff.

What sealed the deal that I was completely hooked on Goa/Psy was Filteria - Sky Input. I don't remember how I found it, but I just did and when I booted up Operation Pulse for the first time, a ton of shivers/chills went down my spine, that happened to me with every single track on the album and then I knew... then I knew, that I was in... love..

- the organ at my grandma's place age 4-6

- mostly 80s and early 90s pop & rock music, Michael Jackson, U2 etc.

- 'Synthesizer Greatest' tape my sister gave me, age 11 or so (covers of jarre, vangelis etc. tracks)

- early 90s eurodance, Snap etc.

- mid to late 90s trance/house/techno... special mention for German radioshow 'Eins Live Partyservice' around 1998/1999 with DJ Piet Blank, I recorded dozens of tapes

- late 90s I really discovered classical music through a Dutch classical radio show, special mention for Sergei Rachmaninoff - Piano Concerto No. 2

- in 2000/2001 I really discovered electronic music through the internet/mp3 and also PSYNEWS, special mention for 1970s Berlin School music (Tangerine Dream, Klaus Schulze etc.), Vangelis, Kraftwerk etc., then also came Goatrance, Ambient etc.

I'm going to assume that by "deepest", you mean music that has the most emotional impact, and I will answer accordingly (in completely random order). With some songs, it's lyrics, with some it's just musical feeling, with some it's both:

Led Zeppelin - "Achilles Last Stand"

The Grateful Dead - "Uncle John's Band"

The Grateful Dead - "Brokedown Palace"

Led Zeppelin - "Kashmir"

The Doors - "The End"

The Doors - "Spanish Caravan"

Nine Inch Nails - "Hurt"

X-Dream - "Our Own Happiness"

Astral Projection - "Mahadeva"

Floater - "The Knowing Dirge"

Floater - "Endless II"

Tori Amos - "Me and a Gun"

Universal Nation - "Push"

Lamb of God - "11th Hour"

Pink Floyd - Animals (the album as a whole)

Nine Inch Nails - "Happiness in Slavery"

Isis - "Divine Mother (The Tower Crumbles)"

Hallucinogen - "Orphic Thrench"

Paul Van Dyk - "Words"

Energy 52 - -"Café Del Mar"

VAST - "You"

Shpongle - "Divine Moments of Truth"

Fleetwood Mac - "Landslide"

Pink Floyd - "Echoes"

Enya - "Watermark"

The Velvet Underground - "Heroin"

The Velvet Underground - "Pale Blue Eyes"

The Velvet Underground - "Rock and Roll"

Enya - "Storms in Africa"

Massive Attack - "A Prayer for England"

Metallica - "Fade to Black"

Metallica - "Dyer's Eve"

L.S.G. - Into Deep (the album as a whole)

Astral Projection - "Kabalah"

Amon Amarth - "Versus the World"

Slayer - "Raining Blood"

Botch - "Man the Ramparts"

Chi-A.D. - "Astral Warrior"

Dimension 5 - "Flow"

Floater - "God Gun"

Portishead - "It's a Fire"

Portishead - "Machine Gun"

Pennywise - "Bro Hymn"

Bob Marley and the Wailers - "Redemption Song"

The Rolling Stones - "Paint it Black"

Led Zeppelin - "Stairway to Heaven"

For starters...

I'm going to assume that by "deepest", you mean music that has the most emotional impact

correct! :drama:

i wonder what the first song was i cried with in my life... i bet it's marco borsato :drama: :lol::lol::lol:

i've only got infected mushroom - mush mushi to add for now