Early comments on your last cds

Ormion

Posted Image

Mystical Sun - Energy Mind Consciousness

Very nice mellow and relaxing album. Much more cohesive than Depper worlds but maybe not as cohesive as Primordial Atmospheres. To get an idea on how this sound like, think of Primordial Atmospheres with the style and sound from Deeper Worlds. I would say this is an essential release for any downtempo fan. And if you liked anything Mystical Sun has done in the past, the you'll surely love this one.

Actually I thnink it is even more cohesive than Primordial Atmospheres. Because Primordial Atmospheres was like two albums, one side ambient and the otherside something else with waves.

The new album really grew on me, it is like one long trip. Definitely a good one for the collection and it has that Mystical Sun sound. I highly endorse it for what it is worth.

eMusic has it now. So you can pick it up really easy, but I suggest getting the CD because the sound is much better on CD...

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dunno, I feel bad that it's so looked over, I want to write a review but I'm too lazy, only available through MysticalSun.com that I know of...

do u have any idea how the shop works?! I can't order from it... and I can't sent a mail to ask him as well, maybe the site is broken?

Capsula-Synthesis Of Reality

Spongled style psybient. Very crazy music with superb production and FX process. Not exactly my style, but very well done with some great tracks. This guy has talent. Lot of it!

Ollie Olsen-Emptiness

Abstract dark ambient. Minimalistic and empty (in a good way). Great music to listen before you got to sleep. I'm extremely happy with this purchase.

V/A-Sharp

3D Vision Full On style. Aggressive and powerful. Not the best 3D Vision compilation, but no bad tracks in here. Highlight is the collaboration of Painkiller with Naked Tourist. For fans of powerful full on.

V/A-Igra Drijada

Totally flip out Psytrance. I guess it has been made with the help of lots of acid. Not exactly darkpsy or forest psy. More like dark(?) fairytale music. Cracy!

Juno Reactor-Beyond The Infinite

I was never of fan of JR. Actually the only reason I bought this cd is cause I want to have all the classics. I guess it was good at its time, but today it bores me. Something that doesn't happen with other golden era albums.

• 4 weeks later...

Posted Image

It may just be the effects of mild intoxication, but I've just given this a first listen and I'm really surprised by how good it is.

More and more guys from Ukraine release their albums, good :) They've played on our parties for 2 times, not exactly my cup of tea, but people seem to enjoy their music.

Interesting fact: Overdream = Makus and Dana, they got married not so long ago, and the girl isn't for decorative purposes, interesting duo :)

Midnight's Shared Blossom

Real experimental psytrance. Out of this world sounds and music with no rules. This is actually the evolution of music. I haven't listened to anything similar before. The phrase fucked up can't describe this music.

Furious-Supremacy

Maximal Psytrance to the...max! Insane music filled with hundreds of sounds and as intense as it can get. Ecstatic, colorful, evil, trippy, furious. The production is unbelievable.

Jikooha-Revolution Spaceship

Really old school Goa, filled with semicheesy melodies and semiprofessional production. Kinda shallow, but very enjoyable! The Super Secreat Area 51 track is extremelly catchy!

Phatmatix-The Divine Comedy

Professional work. Fat, melodic and powerful, yet very storytelling. Pretty similar to his debut album. I miss the super track here, but the album rocks.

Damage-Bad Creationz

Sometimes very good, sometimes cheesy. The samples are mostly annoying. Unique style for sure, a blend of old school techno, hip hop and psy. I need more listens.

Tickets-Dreaming Of Places

I was expecting it slightly better, more powerful. But still this is quality stuff. Melodic, perfect for mornings. Highly recommended.

Crop Circles-Tetrahedron

Ok, this is classic. Some tracks are good, but not IFO quality good. The Lunar Civilization remix is great, but I miss the original melody. It appears only for 15 seconds or something. Must buy of course, not question about it and big thanks to draeke!

Time of Illusion The greatest ever psy According to me It has those fast punching full onish baaseline and those acids Lines and the melody is just SUPERB . It Has become my top psy album ever man..... very en joyful 11/10 for me. It has that same quality of music as Suntrip Does & thats saying alot.... ;) :drama:

I've recently bought Tomtron & Liesegang - Movida on Soultribe Records http://www.discogs.com/Tomtron-Liesegang-M...release/1138434. It's a very nice progressive album that is highly psychedelic. It's rather calm not with too many layers or melodies at once but the effects and the melodies are top notch imho. It's kinda hypnothizing but far from being boring or monotone. I can't name a similar artist but I'm open for any recommendations. :)

• 4 weeks later...

VA - Air

Great compilation. Definitely worth the money, great tracks form some big names & some less well known ones too. Definitely recommended :clapping: :clapping:

VA - Air

Great compilation. Definitely worth the money, great tracks form some big names & some less well known ones too. Definitely recommended :clapping: :clapping:

Agreed! Somehow the less known names impress me the most :unsure:

• 2 months later...

Posted Image

Subheim - Approach

Absolutely amazing...

i just gave this the first listen while i was working on my paper, and i was constantly distracted by each of the tracks. amazing dark ambient, with IDM elements, enchanting vocals and amazing orchestral instruments played in the background.

The artwork is beautiful and suits the music.

it's too early to judge (after one listen, while working) but i think this would be up there in my favorites of 08. :drama:

yeah its an amazing release!

Posted Image

Very nice mellow and relaxing album. Much more cohesive than Depper worlds but maybe not as cohesive as Primordial Atmospheres. To get an idea on how this sound like, think of Primordial Atmospheres with the style and sound from Deeper Worlds. I would say this is an essential release for any downtempo fan. And if you liked anything Mystical Sun has done in the past, the you'll surely love this one.

i have to disagree, big dissapointing, i just dont want to listen to it another time

Posted Image

i have to disagree, big dissapointing, i just dont want to listen to it another time

I like it, not a sublime masterpiece but very pleasant :)

Just listened to Ultravision V2...Kind of like Midnight Storm compilation meets Nutek Records. Pretty good, but too many buildups. The Earworm track "Extensive Damage" is exceptional however. :posford:

That guy does nothing but make kick ass tracks. Ormion, check it out!

Mdk

Just recieved a physical copy of (val)Liam's 'Daydreamer' today.

I can see this one getting overlooked by a lot of people and that's a shame because it is a fantastic release. The sounds are clean and crisp, the atmospheres incredibly dreamy and detailed. Basically just another wonderful release from Celestial Dragon. The use of the piano especially marks this one out from the crowd to me and it could well become a personal favorite for downtempo of the year. Very highly reccomended.

Posted Image

I thought is was just ok the first time I listened to it, but then it started growing on me rapidly! Hard, powerful basslines and plenty of acid. There is also some techno and industrial elements in here. Quite tasty! :posford:

Mdk

Just listened to Ultravision V2...Kind of like Midnight Storm compilation meets Nutek Records. Pretty good, but too many buildups. The Earworm track "Extensive Damage" is exceptional however. :posford:

That guy does nothing but make kick ass tracks. Ormion, check it out!

Mdk

I will! :D

BTW new Shift is coming soon! Yeah baby! :posford:

BTW new Shift is coming soon! Yeah baby! :posford:

Saw this. I was a little concerned when it said "many tracks also contain some great elements of hard rock, electro and healthy dose of techno" I realize an artist has to grow, I just don't want it to spoil is sledgehammer beats and aggression. We'll have to see. Oh, I will definitely get it. :clapping:

Also..Outer Signal looks great. Would love to see a Lost & Found disc.

Mdk