Early comments on your last cds

Ormion

Since reviews section is not that active I came up with this topic when you can write some early comments of your last buy. That way members who interested in these cds/vinyls can get some idea.

Some early comments of my last bunch

Ishq-Timelapse In Mercury

I listen to it before I got to sleep, but the music is so relaxing I get asleep in less than three tracks :D

So far it sounds wonderful! Not that good as Orchid, but in my top ambient cds of 2008 for sure!

Slug-Hardwired

Very nice. Nothing outstanding though. I think Elemental is slightly better IMO. I need more listens, but it's enjoyable.

Pandemonium!-Muinomednap!

Very entertaining! True new school Goa. Most of the tracks sound similar, but if you like melodies and pumping power you're gonna like it a lot. Fav track so far Seq-uoia.

V/A-Macao

Yabai never dissapoints me. Even when some tracks are more in the Chemical Crew style they're still enjoyable. I mark the return of Synergy four years later in a nice (but a bit clubby track) and Azax's return in great tracks. Oh, and Dirty Motion FTW!

V/A-Green Trippin Camp 08-Rise Of Atlantis

Typical full on compilation with some hard moments (the reason I bought it). Half track are formulaic to the bone, the rest are very nice to listen to especially Technodrome, Myrah and Spector. Fluffy but above average.

V/A-Trip Formation

Much better than the previous Triplag compilation I bought Yuurei Tales. Better mastering and better tracks. Not something you haven't listened before, but if you enjoy dark psy give it a try.

Slug-Lose Your Shell

One of the albums I always wanted and finally bought it for 2.5 euros in a local store :P

My favorite Slug album. Damn, it's fat! Lovely! And unlike other SA artists who have gone more morning styled but still love them, I prefer the old Slug sound more.

V/A-Retrodelic Vibes 4

Not the best IMO. Most of the tracks are not that classics. But I wanted the Blue Planet Corp.-Antidote (Pleiadians rmx) and it's amazing how good Endora-Joy still sounds today.

Keep it updated!

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kino Oko - Alphabetically Divided Highway

I was slightly dissapointed, because in comparison to his previous Lost Entertainment this one is focused more on a single style, namely mix of progressive & electro. It is good, very good in places (e.g. #2, 3 and 5), but I miss the diversity of his debut album, that sort of "I didn't expected that!" feeling. Plus some of the sounds used sound like cheap VSTi presets, although can't say it's badly produced - on the contrary, the sound is crisp, rich and detailed. Still, it is very recommended, because there's no really any other artist (except for Bigwigs, but Jerzy is half of that 'band' so it does not count) doing music like that - it's very emotional, exceptionally well arranged and with stunning / weird ideas. It's just not as good as the debut.

Ishq-Timelapse In Mercury

very relaxing, very spacey. i need to give it few more listens to completely dig all the details. for me it's not as good as Orchid, and not as good as Colourform - Visions Of Surya either but still one of the better releases this year

Easily Embarrassed - Idyllic Life (Cardamar Music)

a very nice melodic psy dub. i don't know what other project i should compare this with...taken from their myspace: "Focusing on noisy atmospheres, glitched beat work, psy-dub, acoustic elements and often ambitious synth work, we believe in diversity and freedom of sound."

Posted Image

I liked this one a lot. I thought the style throughout was good & that each track was varied enough to keep me interested & wanting to listen to it again. Better than the first IMO

Tamlin - Spectrogram

Posted Image

Fantastic first few listens to this. Really nice old school feel mixed with some modern craziness.

Lauge - Sundays

Just beautiful. Soft & enchanting.

Posted Image

Eat Static - Back To Earth

Posted Image

This was nothing like I was expecting. Quite loungey but very cool B)

Juxta Phona & Off The Sky - !Escape Kit!

Posted Image

Very trippy bizarre ambient :)

Opium - Watercolors

Posted Image

Nice soft descriptive ambient, the sort of stuff that needs to be focused on, then it will take you around the universe.

Posted Image

Yeah I thought it was gonna be more in style with their track "Sands Of Time" was disappointed at first, but when diving in it's a really nice album.

My last buys are already more than a month back or so, but this is a good thread to say what I think because I'm just too damn lazy to write a review.

Various - Bakkelit 2.1

Bakkelit is back! With a new progressive track from S-RANGE together with Bakke himself! That's right! Agent 17 is Anthony's new alias :D

While this having been THE reason to buy the piece for me, the compilation also holds other gems, for example Solar Fields' On A Wind, new tunes from SBK and Gaudium ... and also the rest is not bad. A very good compilation, better than the first Bakkelit if you ask me, but that one's so way back and the sound changed so much that you can't really compare the two...

Audiomatrixx - Variations

This one was very very good at first, although on the long run I missed the sharpness of Magnetrixx' effects a bit. Anyway, still the best you can get when longing for that special type of nice progressive.

Hilight Tribe - Maha-Wave

Somebody recommended them to me on here I remember and I finally got an album. These guys make nice tribal music with also real instruments and not only electronic sounds. Nice. They lack a bit of kickass in the longer run though.

Front 242 - P.U.L.S.E.

At first listen I was skeptical (I only knew Work 242 before that), but this one is actually a damn good album ... the synths are screaming, kranky and addictive! Lots of energy in the sound, a firework for my senses - and a totally different one as I know it from characteristical psy music, it's sharper, more concentrated and energetic, I really love that!

And by the way:

Posted Image

I don't know ... I didn't like Back To Earth very much. The fact that it was proclaimed as "ambient album" and released on Chillcode and marketed with the phrase "old, previously unrlsd tracks" made me expect something like Abduction (the song) ... and what I got was no way near that. Lo-Ride Sloucher was great. A few other tracks were not bad aswell. But on the long run I pretty much abandoned that piece and don't listen to it anymore...

I was slightly dissapointed, because in comparison to his previous Lost Entertainment this one is focused more on a single style, namely mix of progressive & electro. It is good, very good in places (e.g. #2, 3 and 5), but I miss the diversity of his debut album, that sort of "I didn't expected that!" feeling. Plus some of the sounds used sound like cheap VSTi presets, although can't say it's badly produced - on the contrary, the sound is crisp, rich and detailed. Still, it is very recommended, because there's no really any other artist (except for Bigwigs, but Jerzy is half of that 'band' so it does not count) doing music like that - it's very emotional, exceptionally well arranged and with stunning / weird ideas. It's just not as good as the debut.

I love the feeling in this album! Best music i've downloa... ehmm purchased in a while

I don't know ... I didn't like Back To Earth very much. The fact that it was proclaimed as "ambient album" and released on Chillcode and marketed with the phrase "old, previously unrlsd tracks" made me expect something like Abduction (the song) ... and what I got was no way near that. Lo-Ride Sloucher was great. A few other tracks were not bad aswell. But on the long run I pretty much abandoned that piece and don't listen to it anymore...

I missed all the promo garbage! I knew it was going to be a more downbeat album so all I expected was something similar to the opening & final tracks on De:Classified. Having listened to this a bit more now I think I like it even more. There is depth in there that I didn't notice on my first listen.

I missed all the promo garbage! I knew it was going to be a more downbeat album so all I expected was something similar to the opening & final tracks on De:Classified. Having listened to this a bit more now I think I like it even more. There is depth in there that I didn't notice on my first listen.

good for you then ... guess I'd have had a bit of a different approach to this one if I hadn't been expecting so much...

Posted Image

Subheim - Approach

Absolutely amazing...

i just gave this the first listen while i was working on my paper, and i was constantly distracted by each of the tracks. amazing dark ambient, with IDM elements, enchanting vocals and amazing orchestral instruments played in the background.

The artwork is beautiful and suits the music.

it's too early to judge (after one listen, while working) but i think this would be up there in my favorites of 08. :drama:

Posted Image

Subheim - Approach

Absolutely amazing...

i just gave this the first listen while i was working on my paper, and i was constantly distracted by each of the tracks. amazing dark ambient, with IDM elements, enchanting vocals and amazing orchestral instruments played in the background.

it's too early to judge (after one listen, while working) but i think this would be up there in my favorites of 08. :drama:

Yes, really nice!

Very beautiful music with a soft melancholic touch. Favorite track is Hush.

Posted Image

Subheim - Approach

Absolutely amazing...

Looks nice, I can't afford much for a while though <_<

V.A Turbulences (Parvati)

Parvati never disappoints and again full power blurry mind boggling psychedelia. Recom.

V.A Omnipresence (Vertigo)

Another solid label and again vertigo style fresh tunes especially a blast for mornings I would say. Cant go wrong with tracks from Dejavu fabrique,Delirious noon and sattle battle. the whole compilation is rockin although def need more listens. recom.

Sea of Vapours (Zenon)

Comes as 2 cd one mixed and one unmixed (nice one). quite a lot of rmx's but nice minimal atmospheric psychedelia as expected from zenon. need to listen a bunch more times. recom.

V.A Ease division 3 (spiral trax)

Must say a bit of disappointment on first listens. Some nice tracks like CBL but as whole I would have expected much better track selection by Magnus. Maybe needs time.

V.A Ease division 3 (spiral trax)

Must say a bit of disappointment on first listens. Some nice tracks like CBL but as whole I would have expected much better track selection by Magnus. Maybe needs time.

NOOO!

A world falls apart for me! This was the ambient release I anticipated the most this year, would have ordered it right away if I had the money and now I hear it's not that good? :unsure:

Do you own Ease Division 1 or 2?

Temple Hedz - Between Worlds

Very nice debut from a guy from England. Good grooves and beats. Happy chill and it sounds very real. The groove in the first track is just insane. A pleasant suprise for the chill-scene which hasn't put out anything decent for a time imo.