• The Flame [Of Eternal Life]
    • Pathfinder
    • Shadow Spirit
    • Celestial
    • Biocandy
    • Eye Am The I
    • Liquid Neon Sky
    • Other

Eye am the I without a doubt... I discovered the track after Anoebis played it at his first PLUR party a long long time ago. I remember I was like "OMG OMG what's the name of that track???", then he told me, I got the album and I've been going crazy on it ever since :posford: :posford: :posford: :posford:

Funny thing is that after a while I get bored with it, remove it from my "listening collection", then I decide a few months later to give it another try and I'm like "WOW how could I ever have stopped listening to it!?". It's been like this for almost a decade now lol

Pathfinder and Astral Warrior come in 2nd and 3rd IMO.

Exit eternity! Damn i still remember first time back in 1998/1999 the guy in the cd store played psychedelic vibes 5 this song was so clean in the sound back then, this huuuge reverb on the melody. It made a lasting impression :) Also i really like Eye am the I.. Classic!

• Like 1

Celestial, no doubt about it. But frankly I am not that much of a Chi A.D. fan. In my opinion, he makes albums with 2-3 top notch, bar none tracks, with the rest being horse fodder. In fact, I don't remember a single one of his albums, but his killer tracks are all chained to my mind (and my CD player)!

Bottom line is: when Dave Young is on fire, I can barely imagine him getting outplayed, outdone or outmatched, but there are just times when 4-5 minutes into a track of his, I desperately reach for the skip skip skip button.

Celestial, no doubt about it. But frankly I am not that much of a Chi A.D. fan. In my opinion, he makes albums with 2-3 top notch, bar none tracks, with the rest being horse fodder. In fact, I don't remember a single one of his albums, but his killer tracks are all chained to my mind (and my CD player)!

Bottom line is: when Dave Young is on fire, I can barely imagine him getting outplayed, outdone or outmatched, but there are just times when 4-5 minutes into a track of his, I desperately reach for the skip skip skip button.

Agree 100%... although I have the same thoughts when listening to Space Tribe and Electric Universe ;)

Agree 100%... although I have the same thoughts when listening to Space Tribe and Electric Universe ;)

The old school sound of Space Tribe is cool, IMHO.

I don't like Boris Blenn's sound and style, like, at all... His tracks One Love, Electronic Pulsation and Out Of Time from the E.U. debut are amazing, and there were some decent tunes on Paradise Connection, but overall his music is naaaaaaaaaah.

Sorry I never liked Exit Eternity much. :rolleyes:

I think he's got better output than Space Tribe & Electric universe honestly. I can only remember maybe 4 tracks by Electric Universe. The other tracks by Dave Young don't suck by any means, they just lack that epic greatness that the best ones have.

Yeah, you haven't included LOTS of his other great tracks, but from the list, I would go for ANNO DOMINI, followed with THE FLAME OF ETERNAL LIFE, ANIMATRIX, EYE AM THE I and PURITY.

Vote goes to Eye Am the I

Other then that, Astral Warrior, Biocandy, Exit Eternity, Pathfinder, Healing Magic, Paranormal Activity are good.

I find that Chi-a.d. overdoes the use of vocal samples sometimes, and it gets irritating to hear them over and over again in the track. They break the flow.

Secondly, quite often, out of 4 beats, the lead synth will play for a 1 beat, and for the remaining 3 you have to hear the background beat which is again irritating.

None of this happens in Eye Am the I, maybe thats why I like it the most :unsure: