How many hours of music

RTP

How many hours  

73 members have voted

1. 1. How many hours of music do you listen to everyday average?

• 1 or less
    • 1 to 2.99
    • 3 to 4.99
    • 5 to 6.99
    • 7 to 8.99
    • 9 to 10.99
    • 11 to 12.99
    • 13 and more

Okay, I wanna know this. I got encouraged to do this poll by sentences like "I can't stand the silence" in the reading + music topic (that's, btw, a sign that you're already severely addicted). I want to know how many hours a day you listen to music. And I mean psy music, I don't assume you listen to radio pop stuff 10 hours a day...

So how many hours a day do you put your brain in the shaker?

Me: 3.5 hours average I'd say ... maybe even less. I'm writing this here in total silence now and I don't have a problem with it.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

minimum 5 hours. I spend most of my time working in my pc and i always listen music. When i m out by foot i always have my ipod on, same when i am driving.

I cannot live without music, i need it cause big cities have the worst soundscape enviroment. When i am close to nature things are different

Somewhere between 16 & 24.

I'm very rarely not listening to music. I watch TV while listening to music. Wear headphones whenever I go out & have gotten so used to sleeping with music on that it actually seeps into my dreams.

As a teacher I can't listen to it at work but every other time I have music on. Obviously I have different listening states from ultra focused to BGM.

if i don't have field work, then i'm by my pc so it would be 6-9 hrs at work, 2-3 at home, and i always have a something on when i sleep

if i have field work (2 days a week on avg) then it would be 2-3 at home and while sleeping

on average 7-8 maybe

oh, and i have my headphones on while walking/skateboarding/biking !

I voted 5-6 hrs a day. Might be less soon though, as I have classes again. But I might listen to music through classes to keep me awake.

I have no problem with silence, it's just boring.......

Oh, and I plan to make a week or two where I don't listen to any music soon. :)

not that much 2-4 tops, including making it, too much noise drives me haywire, silence or outdoor ambiance is always greatly appreciated, way more than music, in fact, without enough silence, i can't appreciate music at all. but this all depends, sometimes after a party i can't listen to stuff for days and any other time i'd be mixing tracks or making music the minute i get home... it all depends on how the piece fits in the puzzle

funny story: last night listening bluetech while sleeping and i was rly dreaming and every time this track appeared in my dream, all the other tracks never appeared audible in my dream but every time this one track played as it rotated in repeat i was filled with feelings of beauty and joy inside my dream :drama:

so nice!

It depends on the workday and my mood. Sometimes I can listen to a lot of music at work, sometimes I have to interact with my co-workers a lot so I can't listen to as much. Sometimes I come home and listen to a lot of music, sometimes I just want to veg out and watch DVDs. So I voted 3-4.99, but it can be both more and less than that. And of course on weekends my music listening is probably at least twice as much as during the week.

I voted 3-4 hrs but it really depends. Lately Ive been playing games on my PC 4-6 hrs so I cant listen to music while Im gaming. Other wise its on as long as Im awake. At least 8-12 hrs though I listen to lots of other type of metal more than psy or electronic music in general. I usually fall asleep after listening to my Ipod for an hr or so. I even watch TV or movies Ive seen before with music or playing Ps2 music is always on.

i listen u music everytime + when i sleep

Somewhere between 16 & 24.

oh my gosh, guys, that's insane, aren't you going crazy?

Could you go on holiday for a month without music? Is that possible for you?

The rest is pretty much average like me, some more, but still not extreme. Nice to see that :)

well it really depends on my mood and if I have time... sometimes it can be 6-7 hours straight or even more, other times I can go for days in a row without listening to anything (good for the ears lol)

It depends... As a teacher I can not listen to it on my work... but when I get home, music is on most of the time... So an average of 5 hours a day, on days where I don't have to be at my school, probably 10-12 hours...

just curious, what is it you teach Anoebis?

oh my gosh, guys, that's insane, aren't you going crazy?

Could you go on holiday for a month without music? Is that possible for you?

I think I would go crazy if I didn't. I remember when I was younger & I was introduced to the term "silence is deafening". The music suddenly stopped & there were no sounds coming from outside. The roar in my head was tremendous I thought it was going to explode.

I don't think I could go on holiday without music. Wherever I go I take both music & speakers & headphones :drama:

I think I would go crazy if I didn't. I remember when I was younger & I was introduced to the term "silence is deafening". The music suddenly stopped & there were no sounds coming from outside. The roar in my head was tremendous I thought it was going to explode.

I don't think I could go on holiday without music. Wherever I go I take both music & speakers & headphones :drama:

it's called tinnitus :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

i am the only one that listens to music less than an hour a day?

I used to listen to about an album a day, when i bicycled to school but that has been replaced with reading in the metro.

and i can''t read and listen to music at the same time. I also feel that i don't grow tired of music when i listen to it so sparsely. I never really can concentrate with music around me to be honest... that's why i don't listen to music alot.

i am the only one that listens to music less than an hour a day?

only one hour?

cool...

I can relate to that, some days it even happens with me ... but average it's more. One hour is just too few ... I generally don't bother hitting the play button if it's just for such a short time...