Music and Reading

buzzman

Slower & more minimal music is harder to concentrate through! Try reading through Pleiadians or something and you'll forget about the music very quickly, it's just a big phantasmagoria of sounds, nothing in particular to jump out and grab your full attention.

Try Steve Roach!!! He is one of my favorite reading friends! Or u can try Evan Bartholomew, Cymphonic, The Circular Ruins (both from DataBloem), Blamstrain (Sending Orbs), Biosphere, Vir Unis or Adham Shaikh - Journey To The Sun (an ambient album he made, not like his other releases).

maybe u should also try the other "ISHQ project" called Elve...

:) yeah ! and all these but there are so many weird things going on in Blamstrain (in all sending orbs releases actually) !!! :P

ed. and i just tried this for the first time and it was amazing. i'm gonna give it a proper listen soon :rolleyes:

:) yeah ! and all these but there are so many weird things going on in Blamstrain (in all sending orbs releases actually) !!! :P

ed. and i just tried this for the first time and it was amazing. i'm gonna give it a proper listen soon :rolleyes:

U might be right concerning Blamstrain, but I don't think its not anything near as "active" as the other Sending Orbs releases, this is distinctively more ambient! ;) And compared to Thermal Transfer its more mellow and has less "things going on" as well (imo)... :P But anyways I think u have to try and feel for ur self how it works for u buzzman! U might have a third opinion on this matter! :drama:

Slower & more minimal music is harder to concentrate through! Try reading through Pleiadians or something and you'll forget about the music very quickly, it's just a big phantasmagoria of sounds, nothing in particular to jump out and grab your full attention.

KICK KICK KICK KICK=Buzzman gets distracted. Doesn't work, but thanks anyways.

Drosophilia, and p(sy)ayam, thanks for the recommendations, i'll look them up when i get home frome class.. Thanks :)

clear case of not being able to multitask. the dude wanted to write more, but could not think of why he had to write no as he wrote it, and then stopped, cause he forgot in the meantime. :lol:

:lol:

:lol: it must be fun sometimes to be mod and see peoples edits?

:lol::lol:

When not reading, when I listen to music I can picture all manner of bountiful images.

When reading music, usually chilled but sometimes not allows me to picture the sagas in my head more clearly. So I always listen to music whenever I read.

NO music EVER while reading, it could work if it's without lyrics and if it's really minimalistic, as ambient. The funny thing while studying maths, I can listen to psytrance and actually improve my speed in solving tasks! :posford:

Yes, yes and yes! I'm exactly the same!

I can't read to music. Books not at all, I want to fully concentrate on the reading. Newspapers maybe - the economic ones don't go, but the shallow ones go. Only issue: I hate shallow newspapers, I get aggressive when I read these blatantly obvious brainamputating news lines...

Therefore I almost never listen to music while I read. That's like listening to music while PS3 gaming. Does not work!

But I can solve uni problems faster and better when I listen to psy, that's true for me aswell!

I love reading late at night with my headphones on.. (always ambient music)

And i usually "connect" book genres - authors with atists like:

Fantasy books <--> Solar Fields

Castaneda <--> YETI

Herman Hesse <--> ISHQ

Lately i also found that Krill.Minima & Evan Bartholomew make reading much more interesting!

:)

I love reading late at night with my headphones on.. (always ambient music)

And i usually "connect" book genres - authors with atists like:

Fantasy books <--> Solar Fields

Castaneda <--> YETI

Herman Esse <--> ISHQ

Lately i also found that Krill.Minima & Evan Bartholomew make reading much more interesting!

:)

YOu mean Herman Hesse right? Funny you mentioned it, the experience i had with the music becomming one with the book WAS Herman Hesse and ISHQ.. If i would read the book and then listen to ISHQ i wouldn't connect it, but when i listened while reading it suided the book perfect, like background music in a movie or something :)

I understand what you mean, but when I listen to goa I always pick the most favourite sound that's been

performed at that moment,

I mostly don't pay attention to all layers, the sound that's the most interesting I follow,

that's what I like about many layered trance, the offer is bigger,

so with reading it's even more difficult listening for example like Pleiadians because I ALWAYS

find a sound that's interesting :)

Tried reading and music, doesn't work for me. Has to be good music or otherwise I don't want to listen, but then I can't focus on what I'm reading.

On the other hand my sister can't learn without music. She allways has some music on when studying. And it seems to work for her. Strange..

YOu mean Herman Hesse right? Funny you mentioned it, the experience i had with the music becomming one with the book WAS Herman Hesse and ISHQ.. If i would read the book and then listen to ISHQ i wouldn't connect it, but when i listened while reading it suided the book perfect, like background music in a movie or something :)

I ommited the 'H' in Hesse cause it just didn't sound right to me (hesse in greek means have a shit... lol)

:D

Anyway that's really interesting!!I don't thiknk it's just a coincidence mate... i am SURE that ISHQ's music is somehow influenced by Hesse.

Siddhartha + Orchid is one of my favorite combinations.

These days i read Steppenwolf along with Coulorform (ISHQ again) - Visions of Surya.

If anyone else has an intersting combination, share it!

Cheers

I ommited the 'H' in Hesse cause it just didn't sound right to me (hesse in greek means have a shit... lol)

:D

Anyway that's really interesting!!I don't thiknk it's just a coincidence mate... i am SURE that ISHQ's music is somehow influenced by Hesse.

Siddhartha + Orchid is one of my favorite combinations.

These days i read Steppenwolf along with Coulorform (ISHQ again) - Visions of Surya.

If anyone else has an intersting combination, share it!

Cheers

:lol: What do you expect from a german name ;) hehe, Taking a shit :lol:

Gonna try and see if Colorfom works for me... I got the album, just haven't listened to it yet... thanks :)

Music is too distracting while reading, it takes away from the book.

I have a girly brain. I can cut it up into bits & focus on many different things at the same time. I can be in 3 different conversations at the same time. I often listen to music & watch a movie at the same time & I seem to be able to focus on both. I can even read & watch TV but that's a bit more difficult :ph34r:

I have a girly brain. I can cut it up into bits & focus on many different things at the same time. I can be in 3 different conversations at the same time. I often listen to music & watch a movie at the same time & I seem to be able to focus on both. I can even read & watch TV but that's a bit more difficult :ph34r:

You're like a super human :D

Won't you have to be cock-eyed for that or something? =S