Pandemonium! - Muinomednap!

frozen dream

You know i am really sick of you people turning Filipes free stuff against the album. There has never been anything for free from Suntrip, and when Filipe does it, instead of appreciating it you turn his free releases against this album.

So here is what will happen: There will never be any free stuff from Filipe or Phototropic ever again. Hope you are all happy now.

Harald aka Digitoxin

What does Suntrip has to do with this? and more important, the best free Filipe stuff was undoubtly on Metapsychic Records, not on Phototropic I think. The whole point is that he used to make very various music, with loads of fresh ideas and changes allover the place, while this album sounds the same all the time with same samples, it sounds like fast food compared to the old music, that's all

Frederik

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know i am really sick of you people turning Filipes free stuff against the album. There has never been anything for free from Suntrip, and when Filipe does it, instead of appreciating it you turn his free releases against this album.

So here is what will happen: There will never be any free stuff from Filipe or Phototropic ever again. Hope you are all happy now.

Harald aka Digitoxin

That's like saying I can't say that IFO is better than Seven Sisters, because it's older, even though it clearly is better.

• 3 weeks later...

I agree 100% with what Baloebe. I actually thought this artist was pretty awesome for releasing stuff for free and I basically looked the other way regarding samples before purchasing this album just because Filipe's previous work, free or not -- has been strong and dynamic. The first step back for me was the more or less solid Goa Gate album because past the first several tracks, they all began sounding a bit too similar in ideas and/or general structure with few exceptions, the last song for instance. But I enjoyed Goa Gate more than this here because of certain repetition here, though the intro, interlude, and closing stands out with zero repetition; they're creative and fun. But this innovation isn't the focal point of the album, and the innovative style is compromised by few, though present enough (for me at least) set backs.

Try not to be irritated by each other guys. We're good people on here.

This artist's best work according to everyone I have spoken with, both on and off the internet, is not on Suntrip, but Metapsychic Records. I have a lot of respect for Filipe and the other artists for making V/A - Pyramidal Trancendence the AWESOME old school sounding Goa compilation that it is. Even this album here has good elements but I'm overall not impressed with it as a whole. And I am looking forward to the second; I hear certain repetition like the guitar is not an issue there.

Pandemonium! - Muinomednap! (though I would have written it Pandemonium! - !muinomednaP) is now on Psyshop for less than what I payed for it on Saikosounds for anyone interested. I would have ordered it here but with all the great free stuff I've gotten from this artist in the past, I'm not going to complain.

http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/pot/pot1cd001.html

lol. I actually didn't know Phototropic initially gave stuff out for free. Though I think free stuff and the fans is between Filipe and the fans, not Filipe and the record label unless the label owns rights to that which therefore should not be free without the legal process and/or approval of the label. I have no problem supporting this artist by buying his albums and telling others to check out his work, long as I consider such work great, excellent, etc.

I suppose we're adding names at the end now so..

Jon Cocco

:D;)

hello everyone ,

just arrived from belgium and the amithaba buddha live was awesome :) never seen so many people jumping , going crazy and smiling so much!

about this album i got many people saying this album was very good.

here in psynews I understand the critics etc but not everyone has to enjoy my music :)

anyway i want you guys to know that the new pandemonium stuff doesnt have a guitar anymore and im sure it will be a big suprise and for sure not a disapointment.

Thanks for the support Jon Cocco and the rest of the people.

About labels , Suntrip is doing a great job and Phototropic aswel. Both labels are working very hard on bringing up this Goa music we know of.

More music will come up soon... and the evolution continues!

It sounds as if you state that you can say that one can tell others if music is bad or good.

:unsure::lol: Best sentense i've read here on psynews so far :lol: I've read it 10 times now, and still don't get your point :P

@sideeffect... and the guys who share hes opinion: What's the point of reading a review if it's allways positive? Then you KNOW that the review is: "Yeah, album of the year, 10/10" does that help you, or show any diversity in peoples opinion on the album? If anyone want to write a good/positive review because they feel different about the album, then there's plenty of space left on the forum for them ;)

Back on topic: I share Nemo's opinion on this album(shame on me to) but i deleted it as well after a couple of hours... But then again, it has to be REALLY REALLY good before im into this kind of psytrance.. So don't take my opinion for anything Pandemonium :D Good luck with the production! And remember: Guitars is a no-go ;)

I have not said that anyone must like this album. Of course you can find Filipes Metapsychic stuff better.

And if you bought the album and don't like it then you sure can be pissed off and give a bad review here.

But what happens is that i read stuff like "RETARDED!!" or "Poo you!" and this is totally unacceptable, especially since this would not have happened if Filipe hadn't given away free music.

And you cannot expect me to read over such things without reacting.

• 6 months later...

i've edited them out, i hope you feel better, i just felt the need to express my opinion with this review and not to offend anybody, but the content of the album... made me resort to quite harsh and maybe irrelevant language... and i'm a bit of a drifter if you catch my draft.

The energy in this album is fantastic. It has a "fuck it, I don´t care"-attitude that I really like. I get the feeling each track is made in a hurry. That is also this album´s weakness...

As Jon says, this artist surely has the potential of making something great. I just wish he could in some way keep that energy, but still work more on details and diversity, since it gets a little bit too much sometimes. If that´s possible he could make the next album a classic!

He sure has eyes for great Goatrance. After all, he compiled "Pyramidal trancendence". I still don´t understand why that album and Mindsphere´s "Inner cyclone" never got printed on CD though. :(

And what´s up with the LSD-bullshit printed inside? You don´t have to take drugs to be crazy. :P

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you everybody for the good vibes and support.

This album came up the way it did because i got through a lot of stuff in that time and this album sure marked that time.

The next Pandemonium! will be totally different from this one. It was made to bring what this one didn't. But both complement each other in a way , like everything in Life.

About my new projects , I and Sita records we're working very hard so that both , myself as an artist and as a label manager can exceed everybody's expectations on what concerns my previous works.

Things will be unveiled on the right Time.

A DEEP Thank You to everyone that never stopped to believe in me and my work.

/Filipe

• 2 years later...

Revisiting some Filipe's work lately and this is definitely a release that has been carved into my mind. I used to listen to this a lot while while doing whatever. Great, fun sounds, melodies and atmospheres. The negatives are still regarding repetition, though I've found myself more accepteful toward it. For others it may be worse, though. Half of this album is a good amount to digest at a time, because of it and also because it's uptempo from beginning to end with the exception of two interludes and an outro. 2008 wasn't too too long ago, but so far, it has aged quite nicely. Very unique sound. The track Pandemonium!, which was also on Human Hyperactivation, is still a complete blast to listen to by the way. Classic track imo.

Also lol at my old post. I'll let it be just for the sake of it. :lol:

• 1 year later...

Before Filipe went batsh*t crazy he was (is) a very talented producer of goa trance. Never afraid to stretch the boundaries of what everyone's preconceived notions of what goa trance could be, this is a perfect example. The intro and outro are cinematic and there are plenty of playful melodies throughout. He's also a guy that knows how to throw a concussion grenade in your living room with blasters like Stuck In The Walls, Flying Cookie, and Seq-Uoia.

I don't think I would've noticed the guitars if someone hadn't said anything so whoever that was can I have your address I need to mail you a punch in the face. ;)

It is repetitive and can be a lot to get through in one sitting, but it's still quality. Plenty of layers to dig through that isn't just four on the floor. There is a 2nd album full of old tracks being released by Phototropic soon and I plan on buying that one as well.

Recommended for sure.

Psyshop

Beatspace

Goastore

Mdk

Mdk