whats your personal favorite format of music?

Anoebis

Ripped from Isratrance, but interesting never the less... :) So what is your most-used/favourite format of music? (and no discussions about quality here :D)

physical:

cd

vinyl

tape

files:

mp3

wav

flac

ape

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

High quality mp3/Flac, I would love flac even more, but my comp is old as hell and it lags a couple of times during a song : (

CD's, I hardly play them, I only buy them if I really want to support the artists, or if I can even find some.

That reminds me of, Psyshop(The only one that takes Visa Electron) still hasn't gotten new copies of Heliopolis, Sky Input and Opus Iridium, I would definitely buy those 3, but jebus, it looks like I'll never get the chance ;[

I back up music on 2 harddrives.

It's important as many things I don't own on original. Don't want to copy a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy.

Also if harddrive fails I don't want to have to rip everything again to listen to it on computer.

CDs get worn, lost, etc.

CD. It's just nice to have a cd and the artwork etc. At least if its a cd I don't like later, its a cd on the shelf rather then a file thats not listened to.

Vinyl=ripped and never touched again (although possibly shown off)

Format: Anything lossless. I'm not sure my codecs support ape, but a quick google and I will be able too.

MP3 vbr. I rarely play my CDs and I just buy them to support the artist and to have some good music when I borrow my parents car. Most of my CDs just goes straight to the shelf without even beeing played in the CD player :)

"Physical": vinyl - one and only, call me old fashioned, I passionately love all of my vinyls with inexplicable intensity!

"Digital": 320kbps MP3 - I play these everywhere, be it my portable music player, kitchen stereo while doing the dishes, computer, bed room stereo...

Well, I love vinyl but as my taste has gotten more ambient over the years CDs have taken over. Ambient on vinyl needed care beyond my rough grubby hands.

For portability I go for mp3. I think my hearing is not as good as many other people's as even with mid level mp3 rips I can't tell much difference. For me the physical product encourages me to give more time to albums I may not have loved instantly.

physical:

cd or vinyl (But i need a vinyl player^^).. I prefer the vinyl sound and feeling over CD.

files:

flac. the idea of lossless quality but half the size of a wave is nice. Otherwise mp3 VBR V0

physical vs files: The convenience of storing your music in a library for fast easy access is appealing more than CD/vinyls etc..

i've had a terrible cockup yesterday when encoding flac to ape, when using the highest compression level, it's recommended to not use or have any other app open to get max security, as some parts were left out or muted (could be the encoder or goddamn vista as well :angry:)