Excellent news for Ultimae fans

Rotwang

for those interested in the old prints:

In the shop where i work we have some of the remaining catalogue of ultimae still for sale. If anybody is interested i can send them, so you dont have to it pick up in the shop, which might be slightly difficult for some of you ;)

Still available (prices are in euro and excl shipping):

fahrenheit project 1, 2 & 4 = 16,-

oxycanta 16,-

oxycanta winterbloom 16,-

albedo 16,50

i awake- the core 16,-

solar fields- leaving home 16,50

solar fields- extended 22,-

solar fields- earthshine 16,-

hol bauman- human 16,-

aes dana- memory shell 16,-

asura- lfe 2- 16,-

i ll throw in the kokopelli conscious dreams cd for an extra 10,- euro :lol:

Pm me if i can help anyone out. First come first served. (those i have pmed: no need to pm me again)

mods: (it seems to fit in the for sale category i know.. but since it is only about ultimae and some people are really looking for some of this stuff i thought it suited better here. )

Do you know how many copies of average ambient/chill cd are being sold nowadays? ;)

300- 1000?

but that is besides the point. Which is an attic full with 223 cd's that they cant possibly sell because they limited themselves to 777 :lol: Not that anyone could really check if they sold 777 or 1000...

300- 1000?

but that is besides the point. Which is an attic full with 223 cd's that they cant possibly sell because they limited themselves to 777 :lol: Not that anyone could really check if they sold 777 or 1000...

According to Evan only some releases are near to be sold out (of course you won't get EXACT numbers but something is telling me he doesn't lie :D).

Also I read recently an interview with Per Kristian Slagsvold (PKS) from Chilltribe Rec. and he confirmed he prints 1000 copies of each release and NEVER sells out ....plus ... why a label owners can't do whatever they want to do? ;)

If it was me (& I am a bit of a cunt) I'd print 1000, number them 1/500 to 500/500 twice & advertise it as limited to 500 then make sure that the duplicate numbers didn't get sent to places close together. I'm sure no-one would be any the wiser. :lol:

I'm not suggesting anyone does this by the way, but it is what I would do :ph34r:

If it was me (& I am a bit of a cunt) I'd print 1000, number them 1/500 to 500/500 twice & advertise it as limited to 500 then make sure that the duplicate numbers didn't get sent to places close together. I'm sure no-one would be any the wiser. :lol:

I'm not suggesting anyone does this by the way, but it is what I would do :ph34r:

That would be a cunt move! :P

Better just say its limited to 1000 prints, why lie about bloody numbers? It will still be limited wouldn't it?! Do u ever think about ur karma?? :lol:

limited edition basically just means they are only printing it once because printing it twice is alot of hassle. It costs alot of money to reprint and it's easy for the accountant :lol: You only have to pay your artists once for the cd and you are done.

The 777 copies is just a joke i think. The minimum you can print usually is 1000. So what are they gonna go? Put 223 copies on the attic?

Somnia says :

This CD is limited to 777 copies, signed and numbered, hand stamped on hand made paper, hand sewn, and sealed with a wax stamp.

So yeah maybe a factory wont accept a 777 copies order, but if it's hand made you can even make 666 copies

:drama:

Somnia says :

This CD is limited to 777 copies, signed and numbered, hand stamped on hand made paper, hand sewn, and sealed with a wax stamp.

So yeah maybe a factory wont accept a 777 copies order, but if it's hand made you can even make 666 copies

how would u hand print a CD? :unsure:

According to Evan only some releases are near to be sold out (of course you won't get EXACT numbers but something is telling me he doesn't lie :D).

Also I read recently an interview with Per Kristian Slagsvold (PKS) from Chilltribe Rec. and he confirmed he prints 1000 copies of each release and NEVER sells out ....plus ... why a label owners can't do whatever they want to do? ;)

of course they can do whatever they want. But business wise it doesnt make any sense. Especially in a small market like chill out. Its dead money laying on the table.

of course they can do whatever they want. But business wise it doesnt make any sense. Especially in a small market like chill out. Its dead money laying on the table.

If Evan can't sell 777 copies why he should bother with manufacturing 1000? ;) (I'm guessing his Native State Rec. cds are being sold in quantities <1000 too ;) ).

I am just curious though. If manufacturers will print a minimum of 1000 then why would anyone limit their CDs to less than 1000.

I guess there is a price break at 1000, not that 1000 is the minimum anyone can order. Small pressing companies would also be shooting themselves in the foot if they refused service to people who wanted 300 CDs.

Limiting CDs though I still don't get. The album wight unexpectedly be really popular but the label will never smell the cash they could have had. Maybe Somnia don't shift 777 copies but what if they released something extraordinary & the demand was huge with the 777 selling out & 1000s more emailing queries about how to get it. Would they just say "Sorry, it's limited, take your money elsewhere"?

I know the chances of this happening are small but still, you never know. How much did Are You Shpongled? sell? 10,000 copies or something? It could happen again :ph34r:

I am just curious though. If manufacturers will print a minimum of 1000 then why would anyone limit their CDs to less than 1000.

I guess there is a price break at 1000, not that 1000 is the minimum anyone can order. Small pressing companies would also be shooting themselves in the foot if they refused service to people who wanted 300 CDs.

I think we can only keep guessing untill some label owner decides to spill the beans ;)

Limiting CDs though I still don't get. The album wight unexpectedly be really popular but the label will never smell the cash they could have had. Maybe Somnia don't shift 777 copies but what if they released something extraordinary & the demand was huge with the 777 selling out & 1000s more emailing queries about how to get it. Would they just say "Sorry, it's limited, take your money elsewhere"?

I know the chances of this happening are small but still, you never know. How much did Are You Shpongled? sell? 10,000 copies or something? It could happen again :ph34r:

Physical cd - I don't think so :D :D :D Digital downloads - maybe.

And I don't personally think we will see any such a groundbreaking release in the near future ;)

Limiting CDs though I still don't get. The album wight unexpectedly be really popular but the label will never smell the cash they could have had.

Exactly. Even if you don't think you're going to sell more than 500 copies of a CD it does no harm to leave open your options of printing more if there is enough demand, or at the very least of putting it up for download somewhere - I don't know how much that costs to do but I can't imagine it costs much.

Exactly. Even if you don't think you're going to sell more than 500 copies of a CD it does no harm to leave open your options of printing more if there is enough demand, or at the very least of putting it up for download somewhere - I don't know how much that costs to do but I can't imagine it costs much.

Easy to say ;)

I don't think labels have so much free cash thay can afford to freeze in a product that may sell out withing few years ....especially those who release more than 1 album per year ;)

• 1 month later...

Because not all people that reserve some cd's actually bought them there are still some copies left.

For example i still have two extended cd's and one leaving home left. Pm me if you are interested.

for those interested in the old prints:

In the shop where i work we have some of the remaining catalogue of ultimae still for sale. If anybody is interested i can send them, so you dont have to it pick up in the shop, which might be slightly difficult for some of you ;)

Still available (prices are in euro and excl shipping):

fahrenheit project 1, 2 & 4 = 16,-

oxycanta 16,-

oxycanta winterbloom 16,-

albedo 16,50

i awake- the core 16,-

solar fields- leaving home 16,50

solar fields- extended 22,-

solar fields- earthshine 16,-

hol bauman- human 16,-

aes dana- memory shell 16,-

asura- lfe 2- 16,-

i ll throw in the kokopelli conscious dreams cd for an extra 10,- euro :lol:

Pm me if i can help anyone out. First come first served.

Good news indeed. I just need Season 5, and FP 3 to complete my collection. Unfortuantely I will never have Aftermath, so there will always be that hole in the collection. :(

Exactly the same over here <_<

• 10 months later...

I stumbled over a very good radio channel on iTunes a few days ago. I wanted to see what Ambient radiostations they had to offer on the Radiolist, and whOppa, there was 'Radio Ultimae', playing all their releases. I was thrilled about this, so decided now to put it out in words to you people. Most hardcore fans properlly knew about this Radiostation, but for those like me who didn't, this is stellar stuff for late nights.

bom

Ps. I can't seem to find the Radiostation on Ultimea.com, but I got it on iTunes, at least.

I stumbled over a very good radio channel on iTunes a few days ago. I wanted to see what Ambient radiostations they had to offer on the Radiolist, and whOppa, there was 'Radio Ultimae', playing all their releases. I was thrilled about this, so decided now to put it out in words to you people. Most hardcore fans properlly knew about this Radiostation, but for those like me who didn't, this is stellar stuff for late nights.

bom

Ps. I can't seem to find the Radiostation on Ultimea.com, but I got it on iTunes, at least.

Well, I don't really like radio stations. One that plays only ultimae? I wouldn't hear anything I don't have in my collection :lol:

Well, I don't really like radio stations. One that plays only ultimae? I wouldn't hear anything I don't have in my collection :lol:

Yeah, as far as my knowledge goes, it does play only Ultimae. Got iTunes, go check it out. iTunes only refferas to Ultimae.com, so I don't know the actual URL.

- Hm, never say never amigo! You might get a suprise or two.