Christian goa trance?

sunwolf

Anoebis is a Teacher not a preacher, :lol:

I Don't think he teaches religion. I really hope hes that kind of awesome kind of teachers who just looks awesome and giefs no homework and tries to indoctrinate all kids into being goa trance slaves.

:rolleyes:

But personally, good luck! :D

Well, I am Christian myself as well, but I teach it indeed, without preaching... in my old school it is a big mix of cultures anyway... it's more a historical and cultural thing mixed up with christian believes :)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I am Christian myself as well, but I teach it indeed, without preaching... in my old school it is a big mix of cultures anyway... it's more a historical and cultural thing mixed up with christian believes :)

LoL i got served for being a newb.

Creationist or a Evolutionist?

And i guess being a teacher is your dream as well? -suntrip records doesn't pay enough i guess, with all due respect of course.

:rolleyes: its nice that somebody practices teaching, we kinda need teachers don't we?

On-topic

But do we think that music carries a message?

i believe that much electronic music doesn't have alot of messages, it's harder to look through. But there are some stories or themes to it, yes. But hardly any message that can be brought forward into Psymusic.

Would it be too hard to remix some old Enigma and make it psy-like?

of course filtering all those dirty messages out. XD

Could be kinda awkward if suddenly in a Christian set; Moaning would pump out of the speakers.

Well, I am Christian myself as well

Nice to know I'm not the only one here.

On-topic

But do we think that music carries a message?

i believe that much electronic music doesn't have alot of messages, it's harder to look through. But there are some stories or themes to it, yes. But hardly any message that can be brought forward into Psymusic.

I for one like it that way. If I want a message I'll read the news, I listen to music because I want to hear something that sounds good. One thing I like about psytrance is that the samples used tend to be politically and religiously neutral, appealing instead to common spiritual values or just hedonism. That makes it feel more inclusive.

There are a few darkpsy artists who like to fill their music with angry politics or horror samples, which I think is a shame - sure as heck isn't the kind of thing I want to hear at a party. They're in the minority though.

Frikkin AWEsome

seems like the tracks i know of are already mentioned...

no, We're no alone here!

you can like weird crazy music and other stuff and still believe in good ole' Jesus

some of it may not be Christian in origin, but i'd bet a ton of Israeli stuff has some sort of religious influence and that's close enough for me, same God just some of us are gentiles

ALL music that gets you dancing crazy before God is good. You can make anything His to be ultra weirdo Chritstian about it

Nice to know there are more Christians around here, and even someone from a goa record label.

I totally agree it depends on how you listen to any type of music, not the music itself, as to whether it's healthy or not. And yea I hate when music includes offensive samples. I have no problem with samples about other religions or whatever of course I just ignore them, but some other genres just go way overboard. <_<

ALL music that gets you dancing crazy before God is good. You can make anything His to be ultra weirdo Chritstian about it

+100

I dont wanna mess up the cosy little vibe you guys got going here lol.. but sunwolf, for beeing a christian you seem to have a lot of anger/frustrations inside your self. Maybe you need to read that black little book a bit more :lol:

You must forgive me as I am bipolar so I don't mean to be angry or anything if I ever threaten you or anything it is not meant. ;)

Is there any Militant Atheist Goa trance out there? DAMN, I knew there was something, and now he tells us hes Baptist! :D

No suggestions, I am against the church going Goa Trance!

Kind atheist regards,

Nemo

An unbacked opinion matters nothing to me, I just thought you might want to back yours up. The offer is still open btw. :wank:

Unbacked? You rock! :D Keep reading that little black book of yours, im sure it has all the answers! :D

Christians 33.32% (of which Roman Catholics 16.99%, Protestants 5.78%, Orthodox 3.53%, Anglicans 1.25%) Worlds largest population that believes blindly :lol:

High-dilly ho Neighbourino's !

ah yes.. also against the music + religion stuff

i dont go to parties to convert into some kind of belief (be it religiously or politically or nutritionally oriented)

u know what comes from mixing up art and beliefs (it is called PROPAGANDA)

So, Sunwolf, you are going to introduce your righteous church-folk to the salacious pleasures of goa trance? Or do you mean psy-trance? Probably does not matter I suppose. The key thing is that it seems you want some spiritual message or words in them.

But do you really need some silly "Go Jesus go! Rah, rah, rah!" lyrics in the track? Furthermore, the vast majority tracks in psy-trance do not have references to either drugs or to buddhas. You KNOW it as well as we do. So just play tracks that you find enjoyable and that you believe might make those mighty, god-fearing, good folks in your church feel compelled and inspired to wiggle their asses.

I suppose if there are enough individuals like you then a new sub-genre might be even in the works - Christan Psy-trance! And we can add this to all the other types of obsequiously religious music such as Christian rock, Christian country and Christian rap. The Lord Jesus would be proud...

Pedro

such as Christian rock, Christian country and Christian rap. The Lord Jesus would be proud...

And that made me think of a sample at the end of Rock Bitch Maffia of the Green Nuns:

"Jesus didn't dance, but his beat goes on" ;)

u know what comes from mixing up art and beliefs (it is called PROPAGANDA)

Would you dismiss Handel's Messiah as propaganda? How about traditional Sufi music? If you answered "yes", that's your loss.

Would you dismiss Handel's Messiah as propaganda? How about traditional Sufi music? If you answered "yes", that's your loss.

are you talking in terms of white and black, and just gave a white example ?

i don't think there's alot of grey involved in this

in these times it mostly tends to be black, or dark grey ;)

*edit*

ah yes, forgot to mention.. propaganda doesn't exist much longer than the beginning of 20th century ...

And that made me think of a sample at the end of Rock Bitch Maffia of the Green Nuns:

"Jesus didn't dance, but his beat goes on" ;)

Is that taken from here (start at 4:34)? Damn, I always thought that would make a good trance sample.

e: Yes it is, and it seems that psydb is unaware of this. I will let them know.

Huh? No and no respectively. Christian, scientist, but not a CS.

Ahhh, gotcha wrong there then. Sorry then! :D You really believe there was Jesus and God and all that stuff? (I wrote "and all that bullshit", but changed my mind out of respect of Rotwang) :)

Ahhh, gotcha wrong there then. Sorry then! :D You really believe there was Jesus and God and all that stuff? (I wrote "and all that bullshit", but changed my mind out of respect of Rotwang) :)

I'm afraid I do. I could've sworn that this had come up in conversation before, but oh well.