Please, a few recommendations.......

simorq

Ok, so I just found this forum and realize I don't know jack about the genre, really.

My friend turned me on to Shpongle about a year ago, and I really dug it.

Then, I found Infected Mushroom and I love ~80% of their stuff.

Next, Hallucinogen and Younger Brother..they've got some great stuff and get a bit of playtime,

Bluetech (Evan Marc) I'm really loving.

Others I've heard and like: Astral Projection, Ozric Tentacles, Ott, Pitch Black, also almost all the stuff in this podcast. Um...as you can see, I've barely heard anything so if you wanna throw a couple at me I'd love it.

T h a n k s

Well, if you like Ott's more ethnic elements I suggets you check out Kaya Project's two albums (Walking Through and Elixir) and Eastern Spirit - Lucid Dreaming. For a more Shponglish tone check Slackbaba's And The Beat Goes OM and Easily Embarrassed - Idyllic Life. Also, Blue Pilots Project - Flight For Everyone.

Edit: Forgot about Chilled C'Quence both albums called Magic Sense and Dream Triggers

Some general suggestions to get started....

Goa suggestions...

Etnica - Alien Protein

Blue Planet Corporation - Blue Planet

Electric Universe - One Love

Cosmosis - Cosmology

Doof - Lets Turn On

Pleiadians - Identified Flying Object

Shakta - Silicon Trip

Psy suggestions...

Talpa - The Art of Being Non (somewhat like IM)

GMS - Juice (track from album No Rules)

Jikkenteki - Flights of Infinity (free download from ektoplazm.com)

Space tribe - Thru the Looking Glass

Derango - Tumult (really dark forest trance be prepared!)

Ok, so I just found this forum and realize I don't know jack about the genre, really.

Next, Hallucinogen and Younger Brother..they've got some great stuff and get a bit of playtime,

Bluetech (Evan Marc) I'm really loving.

Others I've heard and like: Astral Projection, Ozric Tentacles, Ott, Pitch Black, also almost all the stuff in this podcast. Um...as you can see, I've barely heard anything so if you wanna throw a couple at me I'd love it.

T h a n k s

No disrespect to anyone, but if the above is right up your alley, feel free to skip anything with the tag "Etnica" and/or "Pleiadians" on it.

They're quite probably the finest thing my ears have heard happen to goa trance, but have barely anything to do with what you're after. But not giving them a try would be missing out on something, no doubt.

Anyways, try Androcell, and his Distant System (side) project. Though there is nothing that even remotely comes to hinting at sounding like Shpongle, this dude has some nice tricks up his sleeve.

Check out both albums by Hallucinogen's pupil, Prometheus.

Give Shulman a try. Carbon Based Lifeforms for some amazing chill out are cool for some chilled out atmospherics.

If you're into Astral Projection, give Miranda's album "Phenomena" and MFG's "The Prophecy" and "New kind of world" and Total Eclipse's "Violent relaxation".

For something along hallucinogenic lines, check out Ubar Tmar's "Fusion" and M.E.E.O.'s "Highlight me please"...

Some of these are quite easy to find, others'll give you headaches. Enjoy!

Funny, this is exactly how I got into psytrance. Shpongle > IM (who I really didn't like - I saw them live and thought the "singer" was a wanker) > Hallucinogen (In Dub) > Younger Brother... then it was Ott because he worked on Hallucinogen - In Dub. Then I found Prometheus and Entheogenic. After that I got a massive 10GB torrent of psytrance and slowly went through it, picking out the stuff I liked.

I've never found anything that was quite like Shpongle. I don't know if I will. Simon Posford is obviously a key element here. Look out for anything he touches. Good luck

IM (who I really didn't like - I saw them live and thought the "singer" was a wanker)

Have you heard their old stuff, e.g. The Gathering and Classical Mushroom? If not you really should.

A couple of tracks in shitty quality on YouTube:

IM (who I really didn't like - I saw them live and thought the "singer" was a wanker)

he is :lol:

Have you heard their old stuff, e.g. The Gathering and Classical Mushroom? If not you really should.

Yeah I have and I didn't like it that much either but at least it's what I'd call psytrance, unlike what I saw live recently. The crowd weren't dancing they were moshing. I didn't mean to start anything though... sorry. I was just adding my 2c about the direction I was taken when I started listening to psytrance.

he is :lol:

I don't know about the rest of you but I don't feel comfortable with psytrance projects that have "lead singers".

By contrast I saw Simon Posford (unfortunately only) once (so far) and it was fantastic. He just did his thing and we did ours. We were totally twisted.

• 2 months later...

No disrespect to anyone, but if the above is right up your alley, feel free to skip anything with the tag "Etnica" and/or "Pleiadians" on it.

They're quite probably the finest thing my ears have heard happen to goa trance, but have barely anything to do with what you're after. But not giving them a try would be missing out on something, no doubt.

Anyways, try Androcell, and his Distant System (side) project. Though there is nothing that even remotely comes to hinting at sounding like Shpongle, this dude has some nice tricks up his sleeve.

Check out both albums by Hallucinogen's pupil, Prometheus.

Give Shulman a try. Carbon Based Lifeforms for some amazing chill out are cool for some chilled out atmospherics.

If you're into Astral Projection, give Miranda's album "Phenomena" and MFG's "The Prophecy" and "New kind of world" and Total Eclipse's "Violent relaxation".

For something along hallucinogenic lines, check out Ubar Tmar's "Fusion" and M.E.E.O.'s "Highlight me please"...

Some of these are quite easy to find, others'll give you headaches. Enjoy!

Au contraire, mon frere...I was just mentioning who I've heard--how I got here, so to speak.

So I've checked out some Doof, Pleiadians, CPU (which I'm kind of into right now), um, Man With No Name, Solar Fields...guess what, I love it all! GIVE ME MORE~!~!~!

Oh yeah, on my emusic saved for later: X-Dream, Elysium, Space Cat, Sandman, Astrix, Electro Sun, Vibe Tribe, Ubar Tmar, Chilled C Quence, Gong, Evan Marc, Eat Static, Saafi Brother, Goloka, Bassnectar, Michelle Adamson ..sorry too lazy(read: high) to put the album names:)

Great to see someone get infected! \o/

A Guide to Goa Trance I wrote. It should help.

And if you like the really crazy acidic goa tracks, then I recommend the "Psychedelic Goa Core" compilations and the "Live" album from Asia 2001.