Astral Projection new album

Some news:

- "Open Society" album still scheduled for 2010 release.

- Second album coming in 2011 dedicated to Jean Michel Jarre remixes

- "Open Society" album was completely done years ago, but BNE stopped the release.

- Older tracks will be reworked with additional sections for the album.

- They contacted Jean Michel Jarre through their friend John '00' Fleming and got the blessing for their Oxygene 4 remix and to do more remixes.

- The History Of War (Feat. Fatali), Dunes Of Gold and Oxygene 4 remix will be on the "Open Society" album.

Overwhelming news. I wonder who do I have to contact in order to get the blessing and get started on sucking on Avi's left testicle?

I am particularly fond of the Jarre remixes. I remember S Club 7 being impressive at doing those - I wonder if Asstral Projection can outdo their output. Only they had to take on Abba's classics. Those are even harder to remix, due to the vocals. The israeli duo only have to deal with the instruments, God forbid Jarre used vocals as well, we'd have to wait until 2046 for that future instant classic!

Oh shit, older tracks have been reworked. I wasn't aware of that. Last I heard, back in 2003, older tracks were reworked for an album due in 2004, then some even older tracks were reworked for an album which was supposed to be out in 2005, then (to massive surprise) something went wrong so the 2005 tracks were reworked to please the 2006 state of mind crowd. Then, what do you know, in 2006, who could care what went wrong, the 2006 material was reworked for a 2007 album, which was then delayed due to Lior giving his studio a paint job. Well, after the paint dried off, and the world stepped in 2007, it was time for some 2008 covers, for a brand new album due in, you guessed it, 2008. Avi caught a cold, a bad one. 2009. New mixes, old tracks. Same shit, different toilet. The crisis hit hard on all of us. The printing plant had to close down. No distributor. Once again, against all odds, the album has been delayed. But what do you know, to keep us all on the edge of our seats, once again, once and for all, yes the tracks have been completely reworked. Amazing.

Astral forever. Duh, since it takes temporal infinity to release an album, or a reworked rework of a reworked album, there is no doubt these guys will be here forever. How can you not grace them with a "forever" label? The only band in the history, Guns 'n' Roses aside, which has been about to release an album for over five years.

• 3 weeks later...

unfortunatly you are right. and i still remmeber many shows that they were supposed to come to and at the End they did not came. In the good cases they write an apology note on thier site.

i think that the main reason for that is that they do not have a strong company (or any company behind them?). they just have to take care of everything by themselves.. and when you are doing that (if you consider also the finest wines of Bordeaux they are drinking)somtimes shit happens.

offcourse there are some cases it is not thier fault. but i cant remmeber Infected Mushroom missing a show...

Astral For Ever!!!

now I understand it better...

I also have one great mate and I imagine if we were together performing as such an artist, it would probably all go totally wrong aswell if we had to take care about everything all by ourselves ... a few sips of good whisky too much here and there and suddenly missing a plane would appear relative ... hehehe

But if it was all done oh so professionally, it would probably stop being fun. And that's the most important thing after all.

So I just hope things don't go wrong when go I see them one day :P

And about the album, I'm confident that they'll bring it out sooner or later...

• 2 weeks later...

Updates...

Astral Projection left Moonstone Bookings

December 2010: One - The EP

January 2011: The History Of War - The EP

February 2011: Open Society - The Album with 2 CDs!

2011: Jean Michel Jarre - The Astral Projection Tribute Album & other surprises

Updates...

Astral Projection left Moonstone Bookings

December 2010: One - The EP

January 2011: The History Of War - The EP

February 2011: Open Society - The Album with 2 CDs!

2011: Jean Michel Jarre - The Astral Projection Tribute Album & other surprises

fixed

edit: I meant Pinned

• 4 weeks later...

Recorded by my dear friend Skytrancer. Astral Projection - Dunes Of Gold, the full thing. The day I get this on the album, my life is complete. I would love to know some Psytrance that is as good as them, but honestly after listening loudly to Humans Will Play For Robots, or the new clips (The History Of War / Dunes Of Gold / etc.), simply nothing comes close.

After listening to it more carefully, despite the not-so-clear video sound, I came to say that

AP just hit the jackpot with Dunes of Gold. It's fantastic. I have criticized AP's progressive tracks since

Amen.

And Dunes of Gold is what AP is good at: banging beats, multi-layered unique melodies, powerful riffs

(which almost brought me to a catarse at 7:15). It seems a world away from the proggy "One", which IMO

needs to be reconstructed having Dunes Of Gold in mind, as a target to be reached.

I just hope that at least most of their new album sounds as hard and melodic as Dunes...

A winner, indeed. ;)

It's been a long time since a track made me have goosebumps, Dunes made it!

Wow, that sounds very good. Wish I could have been there. No matter what the haters said and continue to say, I am pretty confident that the upcoming album will be an awesome release! Like Procyon said: "banging beats, multi-layered unique melodies, powerful riffs".

That's what AP has always been good at. I am SO looking forward to this.

Wow, that sounds very good. Wish I could have been there. No matter what the haters said and continue to say, I am pretty confident that the upcoming album will be an awesome release! Like Procyon said: "banging beats, multi-layered unique melodies, powerful riffs".

That's what AP has always been good at. I am SO looking forward to this.

Agreed. Definitely one of the most anticipated releases of 2025.

i think AP wants to beat Guns N Roses that had to release chinese democraxy in 1998... and it DID come out in 2008 :), with tracks composed a decade before..

Now we can maybe expect this one in 2015 to be realistis (if the world is still around), so maybe speed it up and make it before 2012!

• 1 month later...

Holy shit, if "Dunes..." is nearly as good as it gives the impression of being in that video(even though it's pretty hard to tell from the dodgy sound quality) it's going to be a total bomb :) I hope there's going to be a lot more in this vein on the upcoming album!

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

There's always delays and there will always be some. I won't go into all that was discussed about (like a possible cooperation with another big label that *gets stuff done*), but here's some news:

Four YouTube videos with some previews of the 2011 mix of "Astral Projection - One", from the upcoming One EP.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTSKsU1oJXU

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9yjf0I5mdA

Next up - the "One EP":

One (Ministry mix)

One (2011 mix)

One (Yurika remix)

One (A-Team remix)

Following that: "The History Of War - The EP":

The History Of War (Original mix)

The History Of War (Fatali remix)

and at long, long, long last, "Open Society - The Album".