Astral Projection new album

I saw them last night... playing next to Transwave, X-Dream & The Muses Rapt... And all I can say, they kicked the shit out of the others... I would even say: Deedrah: you are a BIG loser, go home. (he was totally wasted, fucking up every mix, turning knobs without realising what he was doing... And after 5 old tracks he turned into CRAP full on...What a SHAME!)

Anyway, Astral are the kings, still... Even today!!! :)

Here some words from the remixes:
X-Dream - Rain => Sounded pretty much like the original, good, but not special
TIP - Stimuli => Very good, overused sample, but except of that GREAT
BPC - Overbloody Flood => mediocre, the worst of their new remixes, machinegun bass and well, not too good
Feeling Weird & Mugen => We know... And let me say this again:
MUGEN IS PROBABLY THEIR BEST TRACK EVER! It moves me to tears every time... it has all! Power, floatiness, fantastic sounds and the heaven that opens!!
LSD => AMAZING! Probably the same level as Mugen, what psychedelic power! this will be thé nr 1 killer, watch my words :)
Midian => AMAZING too, more floaty, but deep and beautiful woven!

Conclusion: it will be SUPER good, not all of them, but the best tracks are SO good we will all be drooling, I swear:)

• Like 2

The problem is they are remixes, yes they do sound really good from what we can hear on Soundcloud but i will call them "kings" the day they release a new album that sounds as brilliant but with original tracks only.

Let's wait, it will come around end of 2015 probably.

I was at this party too, it's a shame I don't see you this time Anoebis. LSD an MIDIAN are amazing, I totally agree with you!

I just listened to Mugen and LSD. Mugen is a very nice track, but the sound is mroe trancey than goa trancey melodywise. LSD however is indeed, as Annoebis said, a perfect track that really makes you dance and feel the emotions of the original track. Finally an artist dared to remix that beautiful track, because it was high time we here cover versions of that legendary track. I llistened to a recording of the track from the party, Ithe recorded version will sound much better. I am looking forword the album to be released so we have new stuff from Astral projection to listen to. the Astral projection version of LSD is close to the original, however I would say the original is still a bit better than that version. In order the remix to be of the same level, it would require more acidic sound elements.

CD came today! Just played it through for the first time & I'm well-impressed. The essence of the old tunes is plainly there, but given a new lease of life and still very much in the Goa Spirit.

Big thumbs up from me! :)

Yes! The old astral sound is very much there. I didn't think they would still have the goa sound in them. I was very wrong :)

the sound is great, but it would be better if they had produced entirely new tracks instead of remixes. Let´s hope that if this album is a success, they will produce a real album with their true sound. For now we can enjoy the remix album at least that has enough atmosphere to give true oldschool lovers back some missing peaces in goa trance. After such a long time the Israel pioneers of goa trance finally released another album with the sound all people wanted to hear from them. That is really a reason to celebrate.

Initially i was relieved and happy that its finally here. Now that thats worn off I'm kind of disappointed to be honest. Although they chose a pretty good selection of tracks to remix that alone doesn't make the album good. They fucked up some of the melodic interplay in tracks like stimuli. xdream rain remix is boring and repetitive. They chose the easiest BPC songs to remix and they made one fullon and the other kinda dull and emotionless unlike the original. LSD remix is ok. My favorite track off the album would have to be california sunshine rain remix and mugen

My opinion after 2 days listening non stop:

X-Dream - Rain : ok, nothing special. 6/10

TIP - Stimulit : good. 7/10

BPC - Overbloody Flood : worst of the album. 4/10

TIP - Feeling Weird : really good (except that robot sample in the climax). 8/10

prana - Mugen : Amazing 10/10

LSD : Amazing as well 9.5/10

Rain : very good as well 9/10

Midian : very good, except the bass kicks in at a VERY weird moment in the break? 8.5/10

Overall, really good enough to be satisfied, but the first 3 tracks are mediocre. Still I am happy goa is back, the goa way ;)

Guest The Hypnotic LFO Room

till I am happy goa is back, the goa way ;)

Goa never left. We are still some who create Goa. But if it takes Astral to make the world see that Goa is back then it's really sad and wrong as there's so many other layers to Goa than Astral and it's uplifting melodies.

The remixes are ok...Not something I would go frenzy about (I would love to hear other artists remix these gems instead). I also tend to think the mastering is really bad (loudness war here we come) and the sound a bit too sharp in the high frequencies.

My 2 cents.

• Like 3

My opinion after 2 days listening non stop:

X-Dream - Rain : ok, nothing special. 6/10

TIP - Stimulit : good. 7/10

BPC - Overbloody Flood : worst of the album. 4/10

TIP - Feeling Weird : really good (except that robot sample in the climax). 8/10

prana - Mugen : Amazing 10/10

LSD : Amazing as well 9.5/10

Rain : very good as well 9/10

Midian : very good, except the bass kicks in at a VERY weird moment in the break? 8.5/10

Overall, really good enough to be satisfied, but the first 3 tracks are mediocre. Still I am happy goa is back, the goa way ;)

Really,Overbloody Flood worst of the Album?

John OO Fleming played it in the December Global Trance Grooves and the social media comments are fantastic.After the break at 6:05 it really kicks Ass.

Personaly I think XDream`s Rain is too repetitive and not a good start of the Album.

Felt lots of emotions when hearing that this was out. Gave it a few listens today and... hmm not really impressed :( Ok, I guess that on the positive side, they remained true to their goa roots and didn't make some stupid full-on/ progressive remixes. However, the problem here, as with like 99.9% of newschool releases it that it's just more of the same, no new territory is uncovered. Basically the ONLY part of a track that made me smile and nod my head (as odd as it might seem) is that part with the robot voice in Feeling Very WIerd (7:30).

So yeah, great for memories' sake and I did enjoy giving a few listens but IMO it will get old really fast :(

PS THANK GOD they didn't make another remix of Mahadeva ;)

Right? The sound design is amazing; just listen to how lush those synths sound! The arrangement is meh. Song choice is ok. Part of me really wishes they just made an album with some original pieces not just remixes...

The sound design is amazing; just listen to how lush those synths sound!

The sound design is the biggest issue I am having with this release. The production work is exceptional, as expected from these guys, but the sound volume is pushed way up. It sounds too loud, undynamic and zingy because they used that cheap trick to try make it more convincing and energetic. The sound graphs look horrible, with all peaks pushed to the max and it shows when I listen to this album through my headphones.

I`m by no means a sound engineer, but I`m experimenting with some simple software and an option called Dynamic Range Compressor, trying to refine the sound and tame it down a bit by giving it more space to breathe. It actually works to some extent and now this album doesn`t sound like it wants to kill me when I play it.

On the musical level I like Goa Classics Remixed quite a bit, though I don`t see it as a future classic in the AP catalogue. I will agree that the Mugen remix is a killer and it goes among my favorite AP remixes of all times (with God Is A DJ, Trance Dance, Strange World and Shiva`s India). I have listened to their mix on radiOzora tonight and they used it as a closing track.

Yea I would have to agree with everyone else about the volume of the final master. Naturally, I went straight to the LSD remix, listening to it through headphones for the first time. I got to about the final third of the song when it began to sound really harsh and brittle. I turned the volume down and it didn't help. I turned it down even more and it still didn't help. Oh well. I'll still give it some more listens. I'm interested in the rest of the tracks because it's AP, duh. I was just unexpectedly put off by the harshness.

It's kind of remarkable that such an album was even made to be honest though. These original tracks date almost 20 years and yet someone thought it would be commercially viable to do it.