Astral Projection new album

and we have to wait to next year for the Open Society album :(

Just imagine for a second how amazing it would be to release Open Society on 21.12.2012 :o Actually it would mean it's still more than a year away, but tbh I wouldn't rule it out.

Really looking forward to the One EP... the Blissdom EP is still one of the best releases of the last years imho

• 3 weeks later...

Just spoke to a source very close to Astral Projection and they said there had been yet more problems which means the album release date is now set at December 22nd 2012. :(

Ahh, releases are always getting delayed ;)

But that's extremely long!! lol

If they want i can release it tomorrow, if they are not to difficult :P

Maybe they are starting their own label? :) lol

I don't doubt that Avi and Lior are great guys and I like them and wish them the best, but that is a neverending story with the album here...

All we get is track snippets, cuts from livesets and speculations and the rumor kettle boiling. Not that the situation is not interesting and probably even artistic in itself, but I would much prefer seeing an album from these guys finally released. There is nothing happening since years, it always gets postponed...

I actually begin to have doubts that this will ever come out. Anybody can argue against? Please do, I would be happy if anybody could...

Fun fact: I remember in the course of my last postings here (which were some time ago), I mentioned that three of my favourite artists have this "album taking forever syndrome". It was S-Range, Astral Projection and Etnoscope. Now Etnoscope are out of the race as their album got released last year! So it's now a head to head between S-Range and AP ... and now, after reading the last developments, I would place my bet that S-Range will release before AP.

We could open a betting contest :D

I've never been part of an album release but what sort of things can delay the release this long? :unsure:

Tripping over your partner's dick, breaking your fingers and biting through your tongue when you land.

It's called 300% proof impotence.

Well, at the moment they're deeply involved in the protests in Israel. They even were present on the government's website and more recently even got a letter from the government, and that is very important to them.

Also I think the plan is now to have one CD of the new AP stuff and one CD of the slower "The Astral Project" material, like the "Der Dritte Raum" remix and the new Mahadeva remix.

Even though they didn't say it before, it looks like they planned to release "Open Society" in 2012 for quite some time now. And while even I made jokes about it before, maybe they indeed want to release it closely to 21.12.2012 to make it special.

With tracks like "The History Of War", "Dunes Of Gold" and "Dominion", it is still, after all the wait, #1 on my list.

Well, at the moment they're deeply involved in the protests in Israel. They even were present on the government's website and more recently even got a letter from the government, and that is very important to them.

Also I think the plan is now to have one CD of the new AP stuff and one CD of the slower "The Astral Project" material, like the "Der Dritte Raum" remix and the new Mahadeva remix.

Even though they didn't say it before, it looks like they planned to release "Open Society" in 2012 for quite some time now. And while even I made jokes about it before, maybe they indeed want to release it closely to 21.12.2012 to make it special.

With tracks like "The History Of War", "Dunes Of Gold" and "Dominion", it is still, after all the wait, #1 on my list.

That's for the update. I'll make sure to pick it up once it's released.

lol so a 7 year wait for an album? Totally ridiculous.

I was only kidding when I said it was gonna be released Dec 2012, but it wouldn't surprise me. Great end of the world present eh? ;)

Oh shit. I was not aware of their delicate socio political status. So wait, the fact they are involved in the protests now is a justification for a ten year wait. Right...

What's next? A three year military service for the israeli army? You know I got a letter from the government as well. They threatened to court martial me because I refused to assemble rifles, peel potatoes and carry 30kg sand bags on my back up the hill. That letter was very important to me.

So, the next time I get out there on the streets, I can just call my boss up and say that my political engagement will prevent me from attending work - for the next three years.

Yawn my man, a very fucking large yawn. At best.

Oh shit. I was not aware of their delicate socio political status. So wait, the fact they are involved in the protests now is a justification for a ten year wait. Right...

What's next? A three year military service for the israeli army? You know I got a letter from the government as well. They threatened to court martial me because I refused to assemble rifles, peel potatoes and carry 30kg sand bags on my back up the hill. That letter was very important to me.

So, the next time I get out there on the streets, I can just call my boss up and say that my political engagement will prevent me from attending work - for the next three years.

+ 1.000

I haven't been signed in for months and you guys are still talking about this album? I wonder if the final product will deserve such dedication.

Of course it will, just probably not the most positive reception.

You know I got a letter from the government as well. They threatened to court martial me because I refused to assemble rifles, peel potatoes and carry 30kg sand bags on my back up the hill. That letter was very important to me.

Completely offtopic but I'm interested. When was this and what did you end up doing?

You're been naive. Of course this political stuff must be something of a parallel problem that is affecting the release, but there are other serious problems with the labels involved as well. One thing I can't understand is this feeling some of you have that they have this "obligation" to release their album ASAP, and when it's clear they won't do it soon, some comments just derail into sarcasm.

IMO, besides the political and legal problems they're facing, there's also the creative side of this album that they might be working on, trying to update and polish their sounds. Last, but not the least, they- or one of them - may be facing private problems we're not aware of.

You're been naive. Of course this political stuff must be something of a parallel problem that is affecting the release, but there are other serious problems with the labels involved as well. One thing I can't understand is this feeling some of you have that they have this "obligation" to release their album ASAP, and when it's clear they won't do it soon, some comments just derail into sarcasm.

IMO, besides the political and legal problems they're facing, there's also the creative side of this album that they might be working on, trying to update and polish their sounds. Last, but not the least, they- or one of them - may be facing private problems we're not aware of.

I think you're the one being a bit naive ;)

OK, music making (like all arts) should be a creative process. Doing it 9 to 5 under strict deadlines won't end well. Good releases turn up when the stars are right, that is, when inspiration, motivation and free time meet. Sometimes they just don't. I can accept that.

However, where this episode got silly was announcing new release dates every few months since 2008. As we all know, each of those has failed spectacularly. That's why this topic has gone deep into DNF territory and beyond. All the comedy and tragedy could have been avoided by not announcing solid dates until the material has been finished or at least close to it. I can live with "when it's done" estimates too. Sometimes they're simply more honest and honourable than overoptimistic promises which crash-land repeatedly.

As these announcements have gone from exciting to embarrassing already a long time ago, couldn't we just revert back to "when it's done" mode and forget about this hyping for nothing? That move itself is three years late now, but better late than never...

If you need 10 years and a big bag of excuses to come up with a new sound then maybe just maybe you should ask yourself if it is not time to find a proper day job ;)

If you need to continue commenting negatively about a legendary psytrance/goatrance project you only have spite left for, and their upcoming (whether or not they're going to be released, we'll see) releases, then maybe, just maybe you should ask yourself if it is not time to leave this thread.

Seriously man, there's a lot of elitist, snobby behaviour, and generally negative "vibration" in a lot of your posts in this forum. Makes me wonder why you even come here...

If you need to continue commenting negatively about a legendary psytrance/goatrance project you only have spite left for, and their upcoming (whether or not they're going to be released, we'll see) releases, then maybe, just maybe you should ask yourself if it is not time to leave this thread.

Seriously man, there's a lot of elitist, snobby behaviour, and generally negative "vibration" in a lot of your posts in this forum. Makes me wonder why you even come here...

whine whine whine. smoke another chillum dude ;)

N, you got it all wrong...

Using a government letter and street protests as an excuse for a ten year delay is an equivalent of comfortably chewing on a fat phallus. Yummy Yummy.

It's not called negative vibration. In English, usually we don't go past the term acute anal penetration.

If someone tries to fool you for a horse once, tell them to fuck off.

If anyone, and I do mean anyone tries to convince you you're a horse for a second time, tell them to fuck off.

Now, if it should happen, though chances are very slim someone would want to perforate your anus for the third time, then I suggest you go buy a leather saddle.

Really now, ASStral Projection have taken out the vaseline so many times already, that I don't possibly see how come the lot of you don't have third degree burns around your rectum by this day and age...?