Astral Projection new album

Astral Projection - 2012

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYmH3DloGx4

great,this sounds cool :)

i love those slower AP tracks. The female voice samples sounds like the "Dancing Galaxy" track.

the Leonard Cohen remix sounds very cool to,i was extremely skeptic when i see the title first lol.

To be honest, I'll never understand people bitching about AP and their works, because most of their releases were nothing less than genre defining, future influencing, stellar works of art.

So why all the hate?

Even their less popular tracks such as "1 Million Years From Today" or "Techno Drome" are so unique, so uniquely trancy, so special, no other act is comparable to that kind of style. I look forward to any of their releases, because thw godfathers of psytrance might shut all the haters up once and for all....

That's a very narrow-minded view. If I like one thing an artist did, it doesn't mean I should like everything they do. If I said I like Amen I would be lying to everyone and myself.

Most probably bitch because of they conformed to full-on/whatever. To me what they make today sounds like they are just trying to make fusion with the old Astral sound and another sound like full-on or progressive to get that mainstream, accessible appeal. Then again Trust In Trance was very accessible, but that sound was indeed genre-defining, not a fusion. Exceptions exists but that's the basic gist of it.

I didn't say people should like what AP produce nowadays...I just don't understand why a lot of people only mock them. I mean, most of their output since 2002 really isn't that great, it's average stuff. But I liked "The Prophecy" and what I've heard of the upcoming album (if it will be released, who knows) and their Jarre remixes. Those tracks clearly demonstrate that they haven't lost their genuine sense for great atmosphere and melody.

I think the main reason for people bitching about AP and showing no respect (my main point of criticism) is that the same persons loved them back in the days and couldn't stand the fact that they developed their musical style into another direction and thus felt "betrayed".

I'm not saying people should like AP, but I think they don't deserve all the spite...

I didn't say people should like what AP produce nowadays...I just don't understand why a lot of people only mock them. I mean, most of their output since 2002 really isn't that great, it's average stuff. But I liked "The Prophecy" and what I've heard of the upcoming album (if it will be released, who knows) and their Jarre remixes. Those tracks clearly demonstrate that they haven't lost their genuine sense for great atmosphere and melody.

I think the main reason for people bitching about AP and showing no respect (my main point of criticism) is that the same persons loved them back in the days and couldn't stand the fact that they developed their musical style into another direction and thus felt "betrayed".

I'm not saying people should like AP, but I think they don't deserve all the spite...

When knowing that they do not even like their own music anymore but keep making it to maintain their gigs and status then people have all the right to think it's all ridiculous balagan.Astral used to make great music. Today they are only a shadow of what they used to be. The reason why they are still getting gigs is because of their old music. NOT the new music!

PS! I can't stand their "Star" attitude on photos etc. Dark sunglasses, hip-hop signs with the hands etc... It's all gone pop.

When knowing that they do not even like their own music anymore but keep making it to maintain their gigs and status then people have all the right to think it's all ridiculous balagan.Astral used to make great music. Today they are only a shadow of what they used to be. The reason why they are still getting gigs is because of their old music. NOT the new music!

PS! I can't stand their "Star" attitude on photos etc. Dark sunglasses, hip-hop signs with the hands etc... It's all gone pop.

You gotta lurrrrrrv the thug life, man!

Spanking coochies, busting caps in homies domes, sipping gin & juice throughout Compton...

How could anyone hate Astral Projection? Fuck me, they have more stree credibility than 2Pac's marble tomb stone. The guys are as bent as the Soviet sickle and as hard as the hammer that crosses it.

You sucker player hataz. I'ma blast all of you, making you win wet T-shirt contests!

You gotta lurrrrrrv the thug life, man!

Spanking coochies, busting caps in homies domes, sipping gin & juice throughout Compton...

How could anyone hate Astral Projection? Fuck me, they have more stree credibility than 2Pac's marble tomb stone. The guys are as bent as the Soviet sickle and as hard as the hammer that crosses it.

You sucker player hataz. I'ma blast all of you, making you win wet T-shirt contests!

YYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH BBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!

When knowing that they do not even like their own music anymore but keep making it to maintain their gigs and status then people have all the right to think it's all ridiculous balagan.

How do you know that?

How do you know that?

By talking to them. I've known the guys for years and Lior told me he did not like what they did anymore. In fact he is a lot more involved in producing bands (non trance) these days.

By talking to them. I've known the guys for years and Lior told me he did not like what they did anymore. In fact he is a lot more involved in producing bands (non trance) these days.

On a more serious note, I didn't know this. Useful and interesting insider info...

Personally, I could never do something I did not believe in, like, whatever.

Hell man, I worked 15 hour shifts on construction sites just because I could snatch some cement, drills, nails, copper - you name it - and use it all at home, but I could never do something I did not want to do because... The fuck do I know.

So sad, to remember the expressions on people's faces whenever the name Astral Projection popped up. Who in the world would have thought we'd end up making jokes about them...

Aging is a bitch with wrinkled tits and dry nipples. Sigh... :ph34r:

That's interesting info.

When did they stop liking their music? Was it before or after "Amen"? And does that even count for their (hopefully) upcoming album?

Btw I'm not making jokes about them...

A while back before Amen. At least I know Lior did not think the new Astral was that interesting (or good). If they like the new stuff they are working on has to be seen. I seriously doubt it though. I am not sure about Avi but to mee it seem he is living the glory "Star" life and is not ready to change track in fear of losing fame and gigs. Lior on the contrary seem more ready to leave Astral behind.

Problem is (and I've been there myself) that it's very hard to go from famous to less famous (most artists are attention whores) and to lose a high income. I believe that's why so many of the old guys make music they would have hated 15 years ago.

To be honest, in a lot of videos I saw from AP in recent years, I got the impression that Lior was a bit bored during their performance. Avi seemed to enjoy it a lot more, at least that's what I thought when I saw them. I don't know how much money they make, and I also don't know if they both have the possibility to earn their livings in another way than making music - and selling it.

Anyway it would be really sad if they don't enjoy what they're doing anymore, so my hopes for the new album are that it will be released, will be good and will bring back some of the fun they used to have.

Guest Euforix

It sounds like it's going to be a crap album but I'll leave my real opinion until I actually hear it.

Good decision. I'm not so dissapointed after all. :P

To be honest, in a lot of videos I saw from AP in recent years, I got the impression that Lior was a bit bored during their performance.

Were they playing 15 year old music? That would be understandable.

Well, here it comes.

As long as im here in this forum and the Astral topics are up all i did is defending them, and hiding some of the truth from you guys. I fell in love with Astrals music from the first time i heard back in 2001. But more of the fact that the music stunned me, I wanted to know more about the people who makes it (for me it is true about every trance group i love). That is how i started to search info about the people behind the synth- Avi & Lior. Notice the fact that we allways say Avi and Lior and not Lior and Avi- i will return to that later. I started to read every interview they gave over the years, articles and so on. By doing that, and im sure there are people who also red alot interviews with them, one can notice that- Avi is the one who Talks. Talks much more then Lior for sure. I asked myself why? I will get to that too.

On 2003 i attended an artist workshop with astral, but only avi came. i was very excited twards that, it was the first time im about to see them face to face and not through music or video or newspaper... i told myself that they must remmeber me after the workshop so i wrote a very long letter to them and gave it to avi at the end. I will never forget- i stood up infront of him, i was very excited and the only words that came out of my mouth were:"avi, you (Astral) have changed my life... you cant imagine.." and suddenly he took a step twards me and hugged me- it seems like what i said had a great influence on him."Thank you Nadav, We will be in touch, Belive me" he said to me. that was the first time i saw or talked to a guy i conssider my hero. At the same time i started to listen to amen album much more seriously. i noticed that it is like one album made by 2 diffrent groups, more over you can notice the fact that in evry astral album, in the booklet it is written exactly who made that track most of the track are done by both of them and one or two are made only by avi or lior, but the key here that this is written. on the other hand, in amen it is not. It is said: all track are written and produced by avi nissim and lior perlmutter- and i started to wonder why? had somthing happend....?

in november 2005, a week before i joing the army (an obligation and a very big matter for an Israei teen) i mailed avi i am joining the army and i would very much like to meep him before. i had no doubt he will agree, i just knew it. and he didnt let me down. we met in a coffee shop in tel aviv and talked. "Avi, can i ask you a question?" "anything", "Is that true that Amen album was done seperatly?" a moment of scilence. "you are a smart boy, i knew it from the first time i saw you in the artist workshop. Yes, most of the tracks except Amen, chaos and anything is possible were done seperatly" i did not even had to ask why, it seemed that it was like a secret he was holdind inside. "We had a terrible time lior and myself, i left my wife, we almost broke up the group". that was like the final stamp for somthing i knew. notice that around that time the also left phonokol label. few weeks before that i talked to avi after a party and asked him if they are still at phonokol he told me yes, so i asked him how come the "back to galaxy compilation was released at com.pact recs? again: "you know how to read a map when you see it, it is phonokols last warning" he told me.

up to now we can see that between 2000-2005 they had a realy bad time, not surprisigly, these are the years the trance has changed. good bye goa, hello full on. good bye Astral, Hello infected, Astrix, Skazi and so on... what would a trance group with a glorous past and a moderate prest would do in order to be in the front again? A remixes album- and that exactly what happend. The album "Ten" was released in sep. 2005, 2 years and 11 month after thier previous labum Amen. i seems to me too strange that an album they dont even have to work for would take three years to be released. i guess it reflects thier downgoing class in the local (israeli) and global trance scene. it was hard for them to get the "stars" to remix them so who did this were most of them moderate israeli artist that most of them dose not excist nowdays. short brake in the story. it was mantiond here the during shows, Lior seems to be behind while avi is in the front doing all the "fun". let me tell you that it is like that for a long long time. a friend told me that lior told him once he dose not like the "new music" very much and he dose not know what is going on Avi. during these years (2000-2005) Astral are not as productive as they used to be. only one artist album and very few "new style track". in 2006 the BNE saga started. i thought that from now on evrything will be ok.

Astral now have a home a nd they will put then on a contract which mean they will have to produce music again. but as you know the thing blow up after 2 years. the issue- live shows. As i told you before, Astral gave phonokol a lst warning. why? i heard from manny artist that phonokol is not a good label to the artits and as an evidance you can see that california sunshine and MFG left them over the years. when a label dont care about you so you have to take care about yourself and that is exactly what they did all thier time in phonokol. that had to arrange anything from parties to album covers. after years of this work terms the suddenly had to adjust to the facts that they are no more thier own boss, but there is someone above them, and that is why i think the whole BNE this blowed up. and offcourse the legal issue (that you all know)didnt makemt hings any better. so ih the end of 2008 astral found theselves with no label (again) and to be honest i think that no label in Israel will ever want to sign them cause it is too risky- they have the name of trouble makers. back to the begining. why Avi & Lior and not Lior and Avi? Avi is a very charismatic and a strong charecter. its has good sides and bad sides. good: because of his willing, ambicious and determenation Astral and i can honestly say All the Israeli trance become an Empire. i doubt very much that things were have turnned the way they did without him. bad: same. he has no rules, boss or dicipline. for the good and for the bad. somtimes it will take you up, other times it will take you down.

About Lior- i must admit i know about him much less. it is said that he is the "brain" behind astral and in some way i think it is true.he is much more quiet and mistyrous, more a backstage character. also here it is good and bad. good: when you have a partner like avi if you will be strong like him the group will not last for long and as an evidance in the first decade it worked very good. bad: perhaps he in some way or another let avi "take over" the group. and this is the situation today. every time i go to thier shows i dont care much about the music, i just want to see the interaction between the two of them. as far as i can see it is still very good, but it dose not mean that there are no problems under the surrface. what happens today is that Astral preform in dance bars and clubs in israel music that is adjustible to these kind of places. i think money has much to be involved with it. the need it. the have no money from album selling because there are no new album, so that makes them relay on gigs. this is astral 2011.

I wrote this because of my great LOVE to these musicians and amazing human beeings (which they trully are in every mean of the word)and because my great worry for them as a group an as individuals. i love them with all my heart no matter what will happen.

thank you for reading :-)

Mod Edit: Please use paragraphs next time, a wall of text is impossible to read. Thank you.

Were they playing 15 year old music? That would be understandable.

Not funny.

Well, here it comes.

As long as im here in this forum and the Astral topics are up all i did is defending them, and hiding some of the truth from you guys. I fell in love with Astrals music from the first time i heard back in 2001. But more of the fact that the music stunned me, I wanted to know more about the people who makes it (for me it is true about every trance group i love). That is how i started to search info about the people behind the synth- Avi & Lior. Notice the fact that we allways say Avi and Lior and not Lior and Avi- i will return to that later. I started to read every interview they gave over the years, articles and so on. By doing that, and im sure there are people who also red alot interviews with them, one can notice that- Avi is the one who Talks. Talks much more then Lior for sure. I asked myself why? I will get to that too. On 2003 i attended an artist workshop with astral, but only avi came. i was very excited twards that, it was the first time im about to see them face to face and not through music or video or newspaper... i told myself that they must remmeber me after the workshop so i wrote a very long letter to them and gave it to avi at the end. I will never forget- i stood up infront of him, i was very excited and the only words that came out of my mouth were:"avi, you (Astral) have changed my life... you cant imagine.." and suddenly he took a step twards me and hugged me- it seems like what i said had a great influence on him."Thank you Nadav, We will be in touch, Belive me" he said to me. that was the first time i saw or talked to a guy i conssider my hero. At the same time i started to listen to amen album much more seriously. i noticed that it is like one album made by 2 diffrent groups, more over you can notice the fact that in evry astral album, in the booklet it is written exactly who made that track most of the track are done by both of them and one or two are made only by avi or lior, but the key here that this is written. on the other hand, in amen it is not. It is said: all track are written and produced by avi nissim and lior perlmutter- and i started to wonder why? had somthing happend....? in november 2005, a week before i joing the army (an obligation and a very big matter for an Israei teen) i mailed avi i am joining the army and i would very much like to meep him before. i had no doubt he will agree, i just knew it. and he didnt let me down. we met in a coffee shop in tel aviv and talked. "Avi, can i ask you a question?" "anything", "Is that true that Amen album was done seperatly?" a moment of scilence. "you are a smart boy, i knew it from the first time i saw you in the artist workshop. Yes, most of the tracks except Amen, chaos and anything is possible were done seperatly" i did not even had to ask why, it seemed that it was like a secret he was holdind inside. "We had a terrible time lior and myself, i left my wife, we almost broke up the group". that was like the final stamp for somthing i knew. notice that around that time the also left phonokol label. few weeks before that i talked to avi after a party and asked him if they are still at phonokol he told me yes, so i asked him how come the "back to galaxy compilation was released at com.pact recs? again: "you know how to read a map when you see it, it is phonokols last warning" he told me. up to now we can see that between 2000-2005 they had a realy bad time, not surprisigly, these are the years the trance has changed. good bye goa, hello full on. good bye Astral, Hello infected, Astrix, Skazi and so on... what would a trance group with a glorous past and a moderate prest would do in order to be in the front again? A remixes album- and that exactly what happend. The album "Ten" was released in sep. 2005, 2 years and 11 month after thier previous labum Amen. i seems to me too strange that an album they dont even have to work for would take three years to be released. i guess it reflects thier downgoing class in the local (israeli) and global trance scene. it was hard for them to get the "stars" to remix them so who did this were most of them moderate israeli artist that most of them dose not excist nowdays. short brake in the story. it was mantiond here the during shows, Lior seems to be behind while avi is in the front doing all the "fun". let me tell you that it is like that for a long long time. a friend told me that lior told him once he dose not like the "new music" very much and he dose not know what is going on Avi. during these years (2000-2005) Astral are not as productive as they used to be. only one artist album and very few "new style track". in 2006 the BNE saga started. i thought that from now on evrything will be ok. Astral now have a home a nd they will put then on a contract which mean they will have to produce music again. but as you know the thing blow up after 2 years. the issue- live shows. As i told you before, Astral gave phonokol a lst warning. why? i heard from manny artist that phonokol is not a good label to the artits and as an evidance you can see that california sunshine and MFG left them over the years. when a label dont care about you so you have to take care about yourself and that is exactly what they did all thier time in phonokol. that had to arrange anything from parties to album covers. after years of this work terms the suddenly had to adjust to the facts that they are no more thier own boss, but there is someone above them, and that is why i think the whole BNE this blowed up. and offcourse the legal issue (that you all know)didnt makemt hings any better. so ih the end of 2008 astral found theselves with no label (again) and to be honest i think that no label in Israel will ever want to sign them cause it is too risky- they have the name of trouble makers. back to the begining. why Avi & Lior and not Lior and Avi? Avi is a very charismatic and a strong charecter. its has good sides and bad sides. good: because of his willing, ambicious and determenation Astral and i can honestly say All the Israeli trance become an Empire. i doubt very much that things were have turnned the way they did without him. bad: same. he has no rules, boss or dicipline. for the good and for the bad. somtimes it will take you up, other times it will take you down. About Lior- i must admit i know about him much less. it is said that he is the "brain" behind astral and in some way i think it is true.he is much more quiet and mistyrous, more a backstage character. also here it is good and bad. good: when you have a partner like avi if you will be strong like him the group will not last for long and as an evidance in the first decade it worked very good. bad: perhaps he in some way or another let avi "take over" the group. and this is the situation today. every time i go to thier shows i dont care much about the music, i just want to see the interaction between the two of them. as far as i can see it is still very good, but it dose not mean that there are no problems under the surrface. what happens today is that Astral preform in dance bars and clubs in israel music that is adjustible to these kind of places. i think money has much to be involved with it. the need it. the have no money from album selling because there are no new album, so that makes them relay on gigs. this is astral 2011.

I wrote this because of my great LOVE to these musicians and amazing human beeings (which they trully are in every mean of the word)and because my great worry for them as a group an as individuals. i love them with all my heart no matter what will happen.

thank you for reading :-)

Thanks for your insightful post. It's very interesting to hear about that, albeit a bit sad, too. I only talked to them once, only a few sentences, but they seemed sympathetic and kind. So, I still wish that the new album will reflect some of the passion, creativity and talent that those two guys still have, without a doubt.

Not funny.

It wasn't meant to be. I'm sure anyone who plays the same songs year after year for 15 years can tell you it gets boring, but when that music is the most popular part of their library, they have to do it. That's just part of being a popular group who sticks around for a long time. The one time I saw AP they played some old music. I know if I were in that place I'd be pretty bored with it.

Thanks Shaman, your report was touching, somehow.

I was surprised to discover that they felt discontent with the way "Ten" was remixed. Now I know that that piece of crap did not come from their brains.

I feel relieved for that.

One point I could not understand is why they are bound to a label and its rules, when they could release their tracks on their own site, for free or not.

Anyway, only a few people would buy it. The vast majority would only dowloade it - thus making the role of a label diminished by the market.

IMO, they could release via Ektoplazm.com, it would not make a difference the way it was released. What really matters is the feeling, something I hope

they still keep nurturing.

• 1 month later...