Astral Projection new album

Yeah the first EP is coming out next week, the second EP is coming shortly after and the album should be out in October/November time.

I wish I could see them live already, but have no time until early 2011. I actually even was in Antwerp/Belgium two weeks ago.

Come on d2kx, an AP fan like you has to be there, I'll even buy you a beer. :)

The new album will not only contain new tracks like Dunes Of Gold, Dominion, etc., but also 2010 updates of the known ones like Humans Will Play For Robots or Open Society to make it more interesting :-)

Also, there now will be 3 and not only 2 EP's before the album's release. The first one "The Open Society EP" is 100% done now and coming out 07.09. with 9 (!) tracks and remixes from Astral Projection and friends. It will be initially avaible from the Astral Projection Online Store, and shortly after from iTunes and other digital stores.

d2kx:

The first one "The Open Society EP" is 100% done now and coming out 07.09. with 9 (!) tracks and remixes from Astral Projection and friends.

I just hope they don't repeat the same formula they used on their Ten album: most versions and remixes were very uncreative and ugly.

As for the new album, I hope they leave Open Society progressive style aside and make a really bleed-your-ears album. ;)

Come hard and banging men!

Yeah Tom, that's exactly I want too: old good AP.

I have just visited their site and listened to Burning Up.

Too soft, clubby (I understand that that piece of work is for Eurotrance clubs though), and the piano sequence is just unbearable.

One of the best trance tunes ever imho.. :). Sure, sounds clubby if you expect something like Kabalah or something, but whatever... An artist isn't restricted in creating music for only one (sub)genre..

Burning Up was created together with Trilithon who is a trance artist and a big inspiration for AP.

It's not a sell out track, it's a tribute track to their older trance days. And IMO it's awesome.

One of the best trance tunes ever imho.. :). Sure, sounds clubby if you expect something like Kabalah or something, but whatever... An artist isn't restricted in creating music for only one (sub)genre..

One of the few bands in trance who are able to crossover succesfully. I, for one, have no expectations for the new album. The purists are gonna be disappointed I guess.

If you'll excuse me now, I've gotta go see AP :rolleyes:

One of the few bands in trance who are able to crossover succesfully. I, for one, have no expectations for the new album. The purists are gonna be disappointed I guess.

If you'll excuse me now, I've gotta go see AP :rolleyes:

Guess what happened as I entered the venue: :o Astral's flight got cancelled in big letters on the wall. This is what I've been looking forward to the whole summer. I'm depressed... Damn! I had to get on my bike and come home, get some air, ventilate,...I'm gonna go back in an hour or so when I'm feeling better, this sucks big time!

"Dear Ben,

thanx for coming to the show,

the flight from frankfurt to brussels has been canceled unfortunatly,and we got stuck there for the night, were just comimg back now from the party in the ukrain...appologies to all the people that came... to the party in Belgium..were gonna ask the promoter to make another party ..

Boom!

we love you !

:-)

A&L"

I drove by car during 4 hours from France, I was totally depressed at the party !!

The venue was a 10 minute bike-ride from home. I had to go home and never came back, too depressed. I've been looking forward to this for a long time. But for you it must have been even worse. See you next time skytrancer ;)

Lior said :

we had an early flight to catch to the ukraine, and unfortunately there was not enough time to drive to Antwerp and back to Frankfurt..and we couldn't risk fucking up the second party as well, were gonna ask the promoter to make another party and we coming for free...u jave to support the promoter in this case....!!

Its quite simple, I dont like their new style.. simple as that, nothing more to discuss really that have not been discussed in the countless other Astral Projection threads. Its like Elvis Presley... he was good OK.. but he is dead now.. move on.

AMEN :drama: :drama: :drama:

Posted Image

I totally agree

I'm sorry to hear that some peoples good spirits have been let down...

but on a sidenote, I think that AP somehow have a talent when it comes to missing flights ... it seems to happen quite often ... anybody remembers the story where they were too drunk and didn't catch the plane...?

this time it was obviously not their fault, but man...

I'm really happy that no shit happened as I saw them.

Good luck seeing them next time to you guys.

oh and what about that damn album?

is there a date? anything official?

I'm sorry to hear that some peoples good spirits have been let down...

but on a sidenote, I think that AP somehow have a talent when it comes to missing flights ... it seems to happen quite often ... anybody remembers the story where they were too drunk and didn't catch the plane...?

this time it was obviously not their fault, but man...

I'm really happy that no shit happened as I saw them.

Good luck seeing them next time to you guys.

oh and what about that damn album?

is there a date? anything official?

unfortunatly you are right. and i still remmeber many shows that they were supposed to come to and at the End they did not came. In the good cases they write an apology note on thier site.

i think that the main reason for that is that they do not have a strong company (or any company behind them?). they just have to take care of everything by themselves.. and when you are doing that (if you consider also the finest wines of Bordeaux they are drinking)somtimes shit happens.

offcourse there are some cases it is not thier fault. but i cant remmeber Infected Mushroom missing a show...

Astral For Ever!!!

Some news:

- "Open Society" album still scheduled for 2010 release.

- Second album coming in 2011 dedicated to Jean Michel Jarre remixes

- "Open Society" album was completely done years ago, but BNE stopped the release.

- Older tracks will be reworked with additional sections for the album.

- They contacted Jean Michel Jarre through their friend John '00' Fleming and got the blessing for their Oxygene 4 remix and to do more remixes.

- The History Of War (Feat. Fatali), Dunes Of Gold and Oxygene 4 remix will be on the "Open Society" album.