Astral Projection new album

Man, that really sucks. It's like the Duke Nukem Forever of Psytrance.

This got Chinese Democracy written all over it...Are they planning to break the record?

A free coke(don't like pepsi) when it's finished next year? :rolleyes:

The downside to massive success is ridiculous expectations, and Astral Projection can almost only disappoint. While I do respect the revival of oldschool goatrance in the last couple of years, I think it’s unfair to downright demand an album that sounds exactly like it was produced in 1997.

Taste develops over time, and I’m sure that’s also the case with Avi and Lior – now they’re caught between hardcore fans of their old sounds, a scene which has moved towards more bassline-oriented music, and finally also their own musical taste. Astral Projection were one of the biggest influences in getting me into psytrance, and although I haven’t liked their last couple of albums, I wish they go their own way and make a truly personal album instead of effortlessly rehashing old ideas to cater for fans of their old sound or make another album that will drown in the sea of Israeli full on.

I haven’t liked Infected Mushrooms music for the past many years, but they do deserve some respect for going their own, unique route instead of listening to fans that expect another “The Gathering” (which, by the way is a magnificent album).

Hopefully the legal disagreements won't stop Astral Projection from releasing music, as they're obviously talented musicians.

I have to agree with this. With all the pressure to put out the new album (from fans and likely the label, too!). I'm guessing that it will be the same generic electro-progressive sound that is being regurgitated by every other artist these days. I enjoyed the Music for Robots EP, it seemed to have a nice balance of energy and trippiness. But it didn't have the staying power that other tracks of theirs do. Not sure what it's missing but after playing it a few times, I just get tired of it. I guess that's formulaic engineering for you. Go for the quick sell and appease the masses.

My suggestion is that they simply go underground again. Go back to the old school way of doing things. To hell with lawyers and clearing samples and just record. Self-release and self-promote. They're Astral Projection for heaven's sake!!! It's not like they NEED to deal with the middleman. Forget huge arenas and go for the festivals and gatherings where their true fanbase is. Keep on inspiring by showing people that you can appeal to others AND stay underground.

My suggestion is that they simply go underground again. Go back to the old school way of doing things. To hell with lawyers and clearing samples and just record. Self-release and self-promote. They're Astral Projection for heaven's sake!!! It's not like they NEED to deal with the middleman. Forget huge arenas and go for the festivals and gatherings where their true fanbase is. Keep on inspiring by showing people that you can appeal to others AND stay underground.

If only!

I don't know why, but I have unbroken faith in them. That youtube video of some of their new stuff sounded pretty good, I liked the Robots stuff, and their 2009 remix version of Jarré's Oxygen 4 just proved, that they are beasts...their version was the best by far and it showed their unmatched skill at creating an awesome atmosphere. Also, I cannot think of any other act I want to see "live" again more than those two guys.

Yeah I don't understand the "probably mainstream... they should go underground" posts on here. There new stuff is hardly sounding like everything else's, it always has a special atmosphere, whether it's Progressive or Goa or Psytrance or however you want to call it (I think it's mostly a mix of those styles for the newer songs). They even stated in the recent interview that they didn't want to do the easy-listening stuff but keep their own style. Songs we know from clips on YouTube or elsewhere that are new-ish from them are:

Dunes Of Gold

Dominion

The History Of War

Strange World Remix

Oxygene Remix

Humans Will Play For Robots

And to be honest out of those there's not a single bad one. While Dunes Of Gold is just beautiful, the Strange World Remix has a breakdown that just leaves me speechless everytime I hear it (the part from 2:30-3:40), same with the rest.

Please note that stuff like The Prophecy or the original Open Society are probably not going to feature on the new album, so don't judge it by those songs.

Saw them last year performing and they were... badasses setting the record straight. Afterwards played synSUN whom were good(just bought their two reissues from Phototropic which aaarrre awesome!!) then followed by Koxbox...no words just aaaAAAAYEAAAAHHH!!! :P

Yeah I don't understand the "probably mainstream... they should go underground" posts on here.

All I was stating is that when they started to try to compete with more mainstream acts *cough*Infected Mushroom*cough* that is when their troubles arose. Whether it's an identity crisis, creative energy flow, or simple legalities. When you take on an underground mentality, you don't worry about that sort of thing. You just create, perform, and put out music. Astral Projection is already well enough known that if they continue to put out good music, they will be supported by others.

It's undoubtedly common knowledge that their best music came from them while they were on their own label, Trust in Trance. It wasn't until they were getting locked up with Phonokol (and other mainstream labels) that their issues and quality became a factor. So by going underground, I mean take it back. Do a reload and start creating great music again. Face the challenges by eliminating the setbacks.

All I was stating is that when they started to try to compete with more mainstream acts *cough*Infected Mushroom*cough* that is when their troubles arose. Whether it's an identity crisis, creative energy flow, or simple legalities. When you take on an underground mentality, you don't worry about that sort of thing. You just create, perform, and put out music. Astral Projection is already well enough known that if they continue to put out good music, they will be supported by others.

It's undoubtedly common knowledge that their best music came from them while they were on their own label, Trust in Trance. It wasn't until they were getting locked up with Phonokol (and other mainstream labels) that their issues and quality became a factor. So by going underground, I mean take it back. Do a reload and start creating great music again. Face the challenges by eliminating the setbacks.

Let's wait and see till the next album get's released...They were and still are the pioneers of the Goasound and the biggest name around so it's obvious they were picked up by bigger record labels. This is no exception to what happens in the music industry in general. Good bands are getting picked up by major labels for better or worse. I really wonder how many of you has seen them live lately...they still kick ass and they don't sound like ANY of the israeli clones we have around these days. BTW they have nothing to do with BNE or phonokol these days if I'm right.

Dunes Of Gold

Dominion

Would like to know more about them too. Downloads anywhere ??? Tell me please :blink:

Let's wait and see till the next album get's released...They were and still are the pioneers of the Goasound and the biggest name around so it's obvious they were picked up by bigger record labels. This is no exception to what happens in the music industry in general. Good bands are getting picked up by major labels for better or worse. I really wonder how many of you has seen them live lately...they still kick ass and they don't sound like ANY of the israeli clones we have around these days. BTW they have nothing to do with BNE or phonokol these days if I'm right.

I have seen them recently. They definitely still got it and you're right. It's not the same cloned out crap that's out there. But I think that's because the cloned stuff is just that. A facsimile of the real thing. Then while everyone is trying to be "new and improved" and trying to be their own person, it also kills it. You come out with half-assed protoplasm that just oozes with garbage. If it's not broken, don't fix it.

I have seen them recently. They definitely still got it and you're right. It's not the same cloned out crap that's out there. But I think that's because the cloned stuff is just that. A facsimile of the real thing. Then while everyone is trying to be "new and improved" and trying to be their own person, it also kills it. You come out with half-assed protoplasm that just oozes with garbage. If it's not broken, don't fix it.

There are artists out there who like to reinvent themselves with every new record and taking the risk to lose their fanbase. Which is cool because there is experimenting involved, trying to create something new because they are bored doing the same thing, for example Radiohead. On the other hand their are bands who are doing what they do best and don't change a lot which can be good either, for example AC/DC. I also think Astral Projection is good at what they do. There has been some experimenting with more modern sounds, like The Prophecy or Open Society, which BTW sounds even better than most fullon because of their layering skills. When I listen to Humans will play for robots I think this is really their territory, no other can create such thick layering without overdoing it. I'm glad they are still around and as their nr 1 fan I will keep following them ...no matter what they do!!! :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

Astral Projection interview in Turkey

1- After your career's start in Germany, you became popular in England too. It s really difficult, How could you do this?

Our career actually began in Israel and spread all over the world.

There was no starting point of our career, we created the music in Israel and from there it took off to the rest of the world.

We think that the fact we created music which was Universal, Spiritual, Free and Advanced, who would fit everyone with no difference between color, race and religion made it a universal language

We felt that we belonged to the universe and this is how we saw our crowed.

2- While performing, how could separate your roles? When there is a disagreement who takes the final decision?

We know each other for 25 years.

Regarding to the music we do everything together, there are no roles

Most of the time we think the same, it takes only one look to know if we are off direction.

We are one and this is our strength, we don't limit our selves with anything.

If any of us will want to go with his vision we will go for it, we trust and feel each other with out talking about it and when we are on stage we unite with the crowed.

We don't have disagreements, this is our gift from God.

Our connection is rare, and we thank God every day for experiencing the blessed life together, do not take the connection between us for granted

We understand each other and things happen without any need for extra explanations, Little time, a lot of work, no time for debates.

Things that we disagree on immediately deleted, no ego, no possession, together we concord the world.

This is our goal, to spread our music around the universe dance don't make wars...

3- How could you describe gender of your music? And Are you influenced from someone?

Our music as we said before, is aimed at all inhabitants of Earth and distant worlds and all souls hovering parallel worlds

Our music is not framed and there are no laws, our music is free without borders or words.

There are short samples targeting specific idea and vision into them from which we derive the energy and message and try that only the music would control, beyond words

We believe instrumental music much more powerful when it is moved without any explanation

That the listener will take the adventure to wherever the imagination wants to cross

Our music is a type of experience crossing bounders, we totally believe in it

We are influenced by anything that moves in this universe and beyond, we are influenced by our imagination the spirit of creation from God of the, from Earth and this unbelievable nature

Wonders of divine power, subconscious, imagination, and powerful and exciting music, any kind of music which will excite us

Our families are our childhood wonder of technology, good parties, people who do good deeds, gifted musicians who gives freedom to their imagination and dreams

All these things exist in our music in various forms.

4- Could you give us some information about production of your latest album?

Our new album has a lot of ups and downs in recent years we are working on it for six years.

During these years we have created and worked in our studio.

We passed through hell of with BNE records, they put us on trial for two years and the album was imprisoned in court safe and we couldn't release it till we won on trail.

The new album moves through lot circulations, few tracks from different compilations were reopened and renovated, new mix, new program functions, reediting and new developed sounds.

These days the new tracks are tested worldwide thought the audience.

The new album will be uploaded to our new store and our official site http://www.astral-projection.com/store

The album will be published in the upcoming months in 2010 and will include bonuses.

We do not want to give a final date, we will release it when we will feel it's completed and we love each and every track

5- Do you have something special for Istanbul?

We have been performing many times in Turkey and every time we are exited like it's the first time.

We made new tracks for you that have not been played anywhere in the world and we will play some remixed for classical Astral Projection tracks in world premiere performances and some tracks from the past according to what time will allow.

We'll play in additional tracks from our secret project under Astral Projection of cores, regardless of the new album

If you want to be updated on-line, feel free to do so here

http://www.facebook.com/astralprojectionofficial

See you at the dance floor

Astral Projection Avi & Lior

Upcoming months :unsure: ...I really hope they are serious. Hasn't somebody mentioned august earlier in this thread. I just can't wait any longer :( ...They are still working on it apparantly. This better be one damn good album :ph34r:

Thanx for posting this Skytrancer.

Keep on stalking them!