Astral Projection new album

For me it's very simple: I can wait 5 more years if I'm guaranteed to have a sublime album in the end. I know they can do it, so I'm gonna wait, full of hope.

Main part of the album will be totally new material, never heard in parties.

It will be probably out in may.

Yes and in may it will be probably out in june.

For me it's very simple: I can wait 5 more years if I'm guaranteed to have a sublime album in the end. I know they can do it, so I'm gonna wait, full of hope.

Talk about being optimistic. :ph34r:

For me it's very simple: I can wait 5 more years if I'm guaranteed to have a sublime album in the end.

I couldn't agree more. However they'd have to create something absolutely magnificent to beat Dancing Galaxy which is one of my fav albums of all time. Their recent stuff unfortunately has been going completely the wrong way for me. Thought 'Humans will play for Robots' is probably the worst tune they've ever produced. I wish I could be hopeful like most of you, but I've lost a lot of hope when it comes to AP these days.

IMO, the duo is sort of lost in the middle of this new scene. I mean, they're trying to find their place in the 2010's scene. They know they can't sound like they did in 1995 - which is their trademark. But how to sound the same and be different at the same time? It must be very hard. I imagine they question themselves: "should we accelerate a little more, to 145 bpms? Or should we keep the same pace as in Dancing Galaxy?"

So, at the same time I understand them I somehow pity them. I think they thought that Amen would be a benchmark back in 2003, and when they saw the album was not welcomed, they lost their guidelines.

As for this next album, I think they are paying attention to this new wave of Goa - I am sure they want to surf on it and at the same time to get a "Oh my Gad! It's AP's new track, wonderful!!" reaction.

Not an easy task. As I wrote before, I wish this new album doesn't sound progressive as Prophecy and other tracks sound. I want them to make banging, hypnotic Goa.

Let's wait and see. (that's what I call waiting, lololo)

I don't know... Dancing Galaxy was indeed their benchmark album and most well received. Which is why I say stick with it. I absolutely loathe when an artist completely changes up just to sell records. Do what you do well and stick with it. Everything rotates in cycles. There's gonna be a time when the "rivet-head" sound of 150 BPM psytrance will be the taste of a selected few and 135 BPM trance music will become the flavor. So stick with what you do well and actually be a "pioneer" rather than go with the trends.

IMO, the duo is sort of lost in the middle of this new scene. I mean, they're trying to find their place in the 2010's scene. They know they can't sound like they did in 1995 - which is their trademark. But how to sound the same and be different at the same time? It must be very hard. I imagine they question themselves: "should we accelerate a little more, to 145 bpms? Or should we keep the same pace as in Dancing Galaxy?"

So, at the same time I understand them I somehow pity them. I think they thought that Amen would be a benchmark back in 2003, and when they saw the album was not welcomed, they lost their guidelines.

As for this next album, I think they are paying attention to this new wave of Goa - I am sure they want to surf on it and at the same time to get a "Oh my Gad! It's AP's new track, wonderful!!" reaction.

Not an easy task. As I wrote before, I wish this new album doesn't sound progressive as Prophecy and other tracks sound. I want them to make banging, hypnotic Goa.

Let's wait and see. (that's what I call waiting, lololo)

IMO Amen was a move in the right direction. There are plenty of people who first got into Astral because of that album. Sure, they tried all modern ideas, some to lesser success than others but I could easily take an album full of The Prophecy and Open Society. And yes, Goa's success in 2008 and 2009 have certainly influenced them. At this point, having been out of the spotlight for so long, I think they have nothing to lose by putting out an album like Dancing Galaxy but that is for them to decide.

Stop trying to make reasons they could be making a GOA album, I don't want to be disappointed again..

Penzoline, you're right to some extent. But then under what vertent could they release an album which is not goa and it's Astral Projection at the same time?

Or better, perhaps they release something unexpected, fresh, different from what we hear today!

when do we get it ?!?!

a really good question!

Anybody knows when it will be out finally?

a really good question!

Anybody knows when it will be out finally?

I've very bad news :

This week on facebook :

"I don't quite understand how it's possible that after the legal issues there's still delays, but I'll happily wait if the album is going to be great and tbh I know it will be."

Avi NISSIM : "after the legal issues we have so many more.."

So, like a friend, I'm affraid that this album will never be released !

you know, during all the time they could just shit on it and make another one, a second one ... and release the stuff of this one once the legal issues have been cleared.

S-Range did it. The release of Another Theory was corrupted by the album having leaked, so he makes a third one ... which will be out soon according to the news. And funnily enough, that aforementioned release should have been in the same year as Astral were about to release their new one initially, as far as I remember. So he is now releasing his second new one and Astral do ... nothing?!

We'll see who will be better off here. I'll stay tuned.

Despite the bad quality of the vid, it sounds wonderful. :)

I loved the hark kicks and the melodies too.

IMO, not prog at all. A sort of full-goa.

We will see when they release it, or a better file surfaces.

:angry: Man! how I hate strobe lights "on-your-face".

The downside to massive success is ridiculous expectations, and Astral Projection can almost only disappoint. While I do respect the revival of oldschool goatrance in the last couple of years, I think it’s unfair to downright demand an album that sounds exactly like it was produced in 1997.

Taste develops over time, and I’m sure that’s also the case with Avi and Lior – now they’re caught between hardcore fans of their old sounds, a scene which has moved towards more bassline-oriented music, and finally also their own musical taste. Astral Projection were one of the biggest influences in getting me into psytrance, and although I haven’t liked their last couple of albums, I wish they go their own way and make a truly personal album instead of effortlessly rehashing old ideas to cater for fans of their old sound or make another album that will drown in the sea of Israeli full on.

I haven’t liked Infected Mushrooms music for the past many years, but they do deserve some respect for going their own, unique route instead of listening to fans that expect another “The Gathering” (which, by the way is a magnificent album).

Hopefully the legal disagreements won't stop Astral Projection from releasing music, as they're obviously talented musicians.

Despite the bad quality of the vid, it sounds wonderful. :)

I loved the hark kicks and the melodies too.

IMO, not prog at all. A sort of full-goa.

We will see when they release it, or a better file surfaces.

:angry: Man! how I hate strobe lights "on-your-face".

Yes I agree, it does sound wonderful, actually I think everything they've done recently and presented in live sets sounds fantastic. I was too young to be into Goa in the 90's, so I didn't expect them to do an old sounding Goa album which luckily won't happen. It will be a mix of everything with modern production :-)

@pr0fane: There are no legal issues anymore.

All those speculations, and no one here has seen them live yet? :D I heard 'Humans will play for robots' on last year's Heat Seaker from HOM-Mega (except for AP a crappy album btw) and saw them at Aurora last summer, they blew me away. Oldschool melodies with modern production. I don't think I'll be disappointed, and I pretty much despise modern full-on, so that means something.. :P

Skytrancer from this forum will see them in France in early July. Avi told him they will make a photo and he will sign the new album, because it would be released before the festival. They're doing an album launch tour or something I've heard. I can't wait!

I heard 'Humans will play for robots' on last year's Heat Seaker from HOM-Mega (except for AP a crappy album btw) and saw them at Aurora last summer, they blew me away. Oldschool melodies with modern production.

I have just youtubed it. I am impressed! A refined, uplifiting track with a wonderful melody. Unique. Somehow reminded me of "Dancing Galaxy" tracks. Come on AP! :rolleyes:

I have just youtubed it. I am impressed! A refined, uplifiting track with a wonderful melody. Unique. Somehow reminded me of "Dancing Galaxy" tracks. Come on AP! :rolleyes:

You can download Astral's track Humans will play for robots at beatport alongside other remixes and tracks...just great!! :)