Astral Projection new album

Someone wake me up when the wait is over. This is ridiculous.

The group should return with a wonderful Psy/Goa-Trance album like their first 3-4. Since that's the music so many of their longest running fans love the most. Something juicy and spectacular and for out time now, something better than Amen. I really love TNT, Dancing Galaxy, and Another World. Now THOSE are memorable albums.

They say today :

"Joy" is from another project for another album which will be called "The Astral Project".

hopefully this album will be out after "Open Society" some time the end of this year or the beginning of next year,

but dont worry you gonna get a killer Astral Projection album with Open Society in the next few months.

with many singles before then (we finally won the trial with BNE so finally we can release this martial and much more)

Cheers :-)

Admitted, the last releases were not that great, except for the 2009 Remix of Jarre's Oxygen, I absolutely loved that one and it was by far the best on that remix album. I mean, when I was a child, I listened to JMJ because my parents listened to it back then. Maybe that was even my first contact with electronic music, and now AP made such an awesome remix. In my dreams I can see JMJ and AP perform together in La Defense...man, it would be unbelievable. Thinking about it sends chills down my spine.

• 2 weeks later...

Astral Projection interview [20-02-2010] on facebook :

"We won the trial, they sued us, they wanted money and kill Astral Projection but we finally won!!"

"You want a release date ?, In april the first two weeks"

Is this really -- finally -- going to come true?

First half of April?

Hope it's not another hoax ... there have been too many already concerning this...

I'd buy it though.

• 2 weeks later...

Waiting for a full album sucks... But the Blissdom EP is pretty damned good, IMHO. Yes, it's chock full of Israeli bounciness. So those who are prone to not liking such thing, sorry. I've got to give AP props for sticking with what they know. Unlike their counterparts, Infected Mushroom, whom continuously insist that the garbage they are putting out is psytrance.

Guys, "Joy" has nothing to do with their upcoming album. This will be part of another project that might materialize in early 2011.

Actually Astral Projection try to go back a bit to their earlier style while combining it with modern culture and technology.

Also many of the tunes that have been heard over the past few years won't feature anymore on the new album, but newer work will take their place.

Also because of some reasons that are for the positive, the album won't be released in early April as originally planned but it will happen within the next two months.

I for one am more excited for this project than anything else!

Guys, "Joy" has nothing to do with their upcoming album. This will be part of another project that might materialize in early 2011.

Actually Astral Projection try to go back a bit to their earlier style while combining it with modern culture and technology.

Also many of the tunes that have been heard over the past few years won't feature anymore on the new album, but newer work will take their place.

Also because of some reasons that are for the positive, the album won't be released in early April as originally planned but it will happen within the next two months.

I for one am more excited for this project than anything else!

d2kx speaks the truth here... ;)

But since it's been brought up, would you blame them for going this route? Look at the "success" of Infected Mushroom over the past couple years. Up to about 2006, seeing Infected play live in the states took a miracle from the Goa Gods. But then they changed their sound and now are marketed as the "ambassadors" of psytrance. Even though what they play now isn't "psytrance." Yah they sold out on their core fanbase, but now they're playing arena raves at $50 a ticket and headlining commercialized festivals (like Coachella for three years straight). After seeing the "success" of this marketing plan, it makes sense that Astral Projection would want a piece of it.

But I digress... This is a SIDE PROJECT not the evolution of Astral Projection.

Oh... and I like 1984 Depeche Mode (much more than the newer stuff).

@ Twisted: don't get me wrong. I LOVE Depeche Mode and the likes. New Order, all those wonderful tracks of the mystical 1980's.

What I meant is that JOY is surprisingly 1980's - and if we want to hear tracks from the 80's, then we have so many real good songs.

We don't need AP doing that. What they do really well is Goa Trance.

Oh my! Strangelove just came to my mind, I youtubed it and now I feel nostalgic :huh:

It doesn't get more electro/romantic/industrial than Music for the Masses. Depeche Mode made synths and drum machines sexy to the general public. About the new AP album, I sincerely hope it has new material on it. An older tracklist several years ago had all the tracks they have released since then alongside remixes of Open Society, and The Prophecy.

@ Twisted: don't get me wrong. I LOVE Depeche Mode and the likes. New Order, all those wonderful tracks of the mystical 1980's.

What I meant is that JOY is surprisingly 1980's - and if we want to hear tracks from the 80's, then we have so many real good songs.

We don't need AP doing that. What they do really well is Goa Trance.

Oh my! Strangelove just came to my mind, I youtubed it and now I feel nostalgic :huh:

I couldn't agree more, Procyon. I think AP should stick to making great Goa/Psytrance. Maybe if they wanted to go a more abstract way and explore new sounds, some nice psybient!!!... All I was stating is that in comparing to Infected Mushroom, whom changed sounds and found a much broader audience (and an insane amount of bookings/record sales), it would make sense for AP to follow that model.

But hopefully, they still have their integrity and they don't sell out like IM did.

As for Depeche Mode... They're my all-time faves. My first concert ever was at the Rose Bowl for the Music for the Masses tour in 1988. The same in which they did the 101 Documentary and live album for. It was a pinnacle moment for me musically.