Astral Projection new album

It's kind of remarkable that such an album was even made to be honest though. These original tracks date almost 20 years and yet someone thought it would be commercially viable to do it.

There must be 50+ more releases of oldschool Goa so far in the past few years. AP is hardly pioneering anything new with this.

There must be 50+ more releases of oldschool Goa so far in the past few years. AP is hardly pioneering anything new with this.

Really? I mean we've had some releases from older artists of their previously unreleased songs, but has anyone really released a remix album of old tracks like this?

It's kind of remarkable that such an album was even made to be honest though. These original tracks date almost 20 years and yet someone thought it would be commercially viable to do it.

umm I think you're forgetting that this is released on TIP Records? These guys are well aware of the marketing power of old classics, 1200 Mics and Simon P haven't released anything worthwhile in more than a decade (uptempo-wise), yet Raja Ram and Simon P are still one of the most sought after and highly paid DJs during festivals ;)

I forgot to say that they threw in couple of brand new/unreleased tracks in the radiOzora mix. They say these are not the final versions. One of them has a full-on structure with goa elements in the second part, if that makes any sense (but it could also be 2 different tracks) and then there was one more of a morning, luscious vibe, with samples from Blade Runner and that famous AP bass kick. I`d say they`re very very good, although quite different. It seems to me they haven`t decided yet which direction to go in the future.

The 90 minute show (interview plus mix) will be replayed tonight at 2AM.

Thank you for your input, Skytrancer. It`s been 15 years since I saw them live last time so no wonder I didn`t recognize these. Dunes of Gold is a stomper and I`m really looking forward to listen to the final version. I think Lior said these two tracks would find their place in the new album and as for the album itself, he said "maybe a year, maybe half a year". According to him, they have enough material for three to four albums. ^_^

Thank you for your input, Skytrancer. It`s been 15 years since I saw them live last time so no wonder I didn`t reckognize these. Dunes of Gold is a stomper and I`m really looking forward to listen to the final version. I think Lior said these two tracks would find their place in the new album and as for the album itself, he said "maybe a year, maybe half a year". According to him, they have enough material for three to four albums. ^_^

just in case you missed 45 pages of discussion: they have been promising a new original album coming in the next few months for about 10 years now...

just in case you missed 45 pages of discussion: they have been promising a new original album coming in the next few months for about 10 years now...

I was merely pointing out the key moments from the interview (for those who are interested, but missed it) in the context of this topic.

I would also like to know the reasons for such a long delay, but that issue was not brought up by the lady from the radio.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Time of the year to talk about AP new album :lol:

"Astral Projection Live from the studio : : 2/5/2016

A NEW Track in DeEp process "

So we might get a new album from them along with the new Hallucinogen album :lol:

• 4 months later...

Good news! :) We will release 2 new Astral projection tracks before new year! 1 of them will be a remix of Filtertraces and the other one is a new/remix-version of Y-Salem they created in 1992 :) Both amazing tracks, 100% pure astral style... :)

And... yes, they are working on an album, but its not finished yet...

• Like 5

The level of disrespect being shown here towards astral projection is absolutely mind boggling. We're going to correct the record real quick..

Astral projection

Nilaya

Maha deva

Dancing galaxy

People can fly

Kabbalah

Utopia

This will never end. They are goa legends.

You see as a Thai boxing champion and with the level of skill I've achieved and those who followed my fights and knew me from being on tv and newspaper..they know me as the champ. There was a point I got sick and gained some weight. I was STILL THE CHAMP.

after I wasn't sick anymore, pure prize fight condition. Once a champion, always a champion. That is true for astral projection.

Now if everyone would read their comments and strip this thread of all the hate and negative energy it might just motive avi and Lior.

Either way, as true audiophiles here, we can recognize when an artist has to get the rust off.. you can tell when an artist is about to come back with the renewed vigor and love for the sound. That will be astral projections new album.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1