Astral Projection new album

The fact that they only porduce remixes of other tracks shows that they are very uncreative at this time. They don`t even have a few ideas to create some fresh tracks but instead create Remixes with midi files they´d get from the artists. The artists ofcourse don`t have any concerms giving the midi data, because they are benefitting from it when people see them mentioned in new tracks remixed by such a popular artists as Astral Projection.

d2kx #700 : "Also: Prana - Mugen (Astral Projection Remix) is out now!"

Ache...Sounds quite tired for me.

radi whole #702 :

My guess is that they're just naturally getting old. The "sacred fire" of their earlier years is going away. I personnaly notice this progressive lack of creativity in my own life as well as in several other artists' going on. To me that's just Life as it is.

I wonder if anyone reading this has heard a 10 min mix featuring astrix and astral projection and 2 others i forgot. I got the file on a peer to peer network a few years ago : on it was a version of "The Prophecy" wich had hebrew lyrics and a higher sound quality than the original mix.

The track's name started by ICQ -...

The fact that they only porduce remixes of other tracks shows that they are very uncreative at this time. They don`t even have a few ideas to create some fresh tracks but instead create Remixes

I don't want to go into detail, but let's just say that this is not the case. New original tracks are ready or in progress, but they want to get all the remixes out first. There will be a couple more in the next few weeks... compared to 2009-2012, they are now a lot more in the studio again.

My guess is that they're just naturally getting old. The "sacred fire" of their earlier years is going away. I personnaly notice this progressive lack of creativity in my own life as well as in several other artists' going on. To me that's just Life as it is.

This is somewhat true. Of course you will not see them dancing like a crazy hippy on LSD or whatever at any future shows. Also, the progressive side is a bit slower etc. than oldschool Goa and Full On etc., but that is not simply because people are getting older but for different reasons. Faster and more hectic is not always better, and more hard for new people to get into.

I wonder if anyone reading this has heard a 10 min mix featuring astrix and astral projection and 2 others i forgot. I got the file on a peer to peer network a few years ago : on it was a version of "The Prophecy" wich had hebrew lyrics and a higher sound quality than the original mix.

No idea, but did you hear the new Astrix - Trance For Nations 012 mix? It is absolutely fantastic and quite the opposite of "getting older and more boring". But since Psynews.org is basicly an "I only like oldschool Goa" forum, you may not like it anyways.

Please don't imagine that Radi's opinions are representative of Psynews as a whole.

Hah, what a nice opportunity to make my name bad among new members of this forum, isn´t it? Where do I say I only like oldschool or where do I say I hate every style of newschool. If you havn`t noticed, the last time I am mentioning many newschool artists as being good so your claim and way of trying to lower my reputation is not working. On many occasions I even have mentioned that Astrix is one of the better full on artists and that I especially like "Science is God". I think Rotwang, if you really want to lower my reputation, you have to wake up a littl eearlier than this, because what you say are simply lies. For example that I only like oldschool, absolutely untrue, so stay with the truth, Rotwang.

I don't want to go into detail, but let's just say that this is not the case. New original tracks are ready or in progress, but they want to get all the remixes out first. There will be a couple more in the next few weeks... compared to 2009-2012, they are now a lot more in the studio again.

This is somewhat true. Of course you will not see them dancing like a crazy hippy on LSD or whatever at any future shows. Also, the progressive side is a bit slower etc. than oldschool Goa and Full On etc., but that is not simply because people are getting older but for different reasons. Faster and more hectic is not always better, and more hard for new people to get into.

No idea, but did you hear the new Astrix - Trance For Nations 012 mix? It is absolutely fantastic and quite the opposite of "getting older and more boring". But since Psynews.org is basicly an "I only like oldschool Goa" forum, you may not like it anyways.

Heyyyyy we like new school here too mate :P lol

The fact that they only porduce remixes of other tracks shows that they are very uncreative at this time. They don`t even have a few ideas to create some fresh tracks but instead create Remixes with midi files they´d get from the artists. The artists ofcourse don`t have any concerms giving the midi data, because they are benefitting from it when people see them mentioned in new tracks remixed by such a popular artists as Astral Projection.

Stfu.

Que?

funny-goat-pictures.jpg

Heyyyyy we like new school here too mate :P lol

exactly :D

it's not only about goa, some of us actually like good progressive psy. i just checked out the astrix mix and i have to say, it's not as bad as i expected. there's a lot of cringeworthy more-minimal-than-psy sound in there, but some of the tracks i could dance to (the zyce track for instance). so i'm pleasantly surprised by astrix not going all the way to minimal that's totally devoid of psychedelic elements - as is popular at the moment - after his departure from decency with the cheese fullon that was popular a few years ago.

exactly :D

it's not only about goa, some of us actually like good progressive psy. i just checked out the astrix mix and i have to say, it's not as bad as i expected. there's a lot of cringeworthy more-minimal-than-psy sound in there, but some of the tracks i could dance to (the zyce track for instance). so i'm pleasantly surprised by astrix not going all the way to minimal that's totally devoid of psychedelic elements - as is popular at the moment - after his departure from decency with the cheese fullon that was popular a few years ago.

Man, what will he do next? Psytrap? ahaha. Can someone explain me what's this more-minimal-than-psy that i've been seeing complained about? I haven't listened to much of 2010-2013 besides for most Goa stuff from Suntrip, Lyctum,, and Ovnimoon (and others that I can't remember at the moment but you get the idea).

Man, what will he do next? Psytrap? ahaha. Can someone explain me what's this more-minimal-than-psy that i've been seeing complained about? I haven't listened to much of 2010-2013 besides for most Goa stuff from Suntrip, Lyctum,, and Ovnimoon (and others that I can't remember at the moment but you get the idea).

that's somewhere between

this:

and this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V02zrp5bYZo

or something like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uC0-PHN045M

so it's basically sped up minimal with varying amounts of progressive-psy sounds inserted here and there (or sometimes alternatively minimal with a prog beat). the sad thing is that when you go to a party that advertises "progressive psytrance" and you don't know that the artist does make good music (aforementioned ovnimoon, lyctum, ...), then you are most likely going to hear this.

Ya, when I first saw this board, I was flipping out because I didn't know that they did. But then when I checked online and discogs, I found out they did not and this is just a discussion. I was so disappointed that day.

:ph34r: 36 pages and counting .... aren't we all just suckers ...

We are and we wil all buy the Eps and all go to the parties, which means easy money for Astral Projection yet again. Instead of delivering real new tracks, what they have been doing lately is only producing remixes.

New remixes can't compare to AP's old tracks IMHO. The most of their old stuff is absolutely exceptional and honestly I think no other track compare to them, for many reasons. Even if they will not release some new tracks, what they already did is enough for ultimate respect. You can't really expect from artists to have the same very special creativity period as they had long time ago...

• 2 weeks later...