Astral Projection new album

On 3/25/2020 at 9:47 PM, Diaks said:

The shut down could affect the creativity in a negative way too. For various reasons, the stress of it for one, and also because more time needs to be spent with family if schools are closed etc. And since Astral Projection prior to the corona outbreak played live sets abroad a lot. I would assume their financial situation must be quite affected by the travel restrictions. That in itself can really be detrimental to the inspiration.

Who knows, they even might need to sell of some studio equipment if the financial situation becomes bad. I see an increase where I live, in people selling of studio equipment right now.

the albums been finished for a while now, just has to be mixed
but they will take their sweet time as usual

35 minutes ago, technosomy said:

the albums been finished for a while now, just has to be mixed
but they will take their sweet time as usual

Awesome. It sounds very promising so far.  I hope that the sound will be huge. :)  And that the mix and mastering shines. After all these years, it better be something extra.

On 3/25/2020 at 9:47 PM, Diaks said:

The shut down could affect the creativity in a negative way too. For various reasons, the stress of it for one, and also because more time needs to be spent with family if schools are closed etc. And since Astral Projection prior to the corona outbreak played live sets abroad a lot. I would assume their financial situation must be quite affected by the travel restrictions. That in itself can really be detrimental to the inspiration.

Who knows, they even might need to sell of some studio equipment if the financial situation becomes bad. I see an increase where I live, in people selling of studio equipment right now.

Very true. Simon Posford posted on his Instagram how his anxiety is causing a completely lack of creatively. 

that said Ott is working hard on his new album, and that excites me more than a new AP album.

Now if they remastered properly for vinyl & reissued a deluxe version of Dancing Galaxy and Another World albums It might get the pulse going.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bartzabel said:

Very true. Simon Posford posted on his Instagram how his anxiety is causing a completely lack of creatively. 

that said Ott is working hard on his new album, and that excites me more than a new AP album.

Now if they remastered properly for vinyl & reissued a deluxe version of Dancing Galaxy and Another World albums It might get the pulse going.

Yeah that would be epic. A remaster of those two, are high on my dream list. Also Hallucinogen-Twisted. Or has it been remastered? 

Yeah I read that too, always best to let some other fresh ears do the mastering. :) I would suspect many old timers have quite damaged ears by now.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/27/2021 at 6:17 PM, Trolsk said:

Trump is out, the Astral Projection album is still not released.

They will probably release it soon, in time for the festival summer.

Trump In Trance Records

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Skytrancer said:

Welcome to my little website about Avi Nissim and Lior Perlmutter aka Astral Projection (Official). :
https://dancingalaxy.com/

https://youtu.be/1F4ZtFgEivA

I hope you will like it, please feel free for any comment/question or any idea for the future.
Trust In Trance !

Looks good, try to ask them if they have some nice studio pictures and perhaps from live performances, that you could add there in a gallery. And for example album/EP Artwork/posters and stuff.

They had some really cool websites over the years. Unfortunately their current one is a bit messy:

https://www.astral-projection.com/

And doesn’t work very well on mobile browser. But yeah perhaps web pages aren’t as important as they used to be, they probably only need soundcloud/youtube/facebook these days. :) Anyways your tribute site works better than the official one, so good work!

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

From their latest facebook update:

”Tomorrow : : 19/6/2021 
We gonna play for the first time EVER! 
Astral Projection - Dancing Galaxy [2021 Version]
at Klika Of Happiness Party 
See You on the Dance Floor

Line Up:
ACE VENTURA - BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION
ASTRAL PROJECTION
BAYAWAKA
DEKEL New Album Launch 
EARTH CONNECT
FUNKAMEL
KIDO & GALAPAGOS
RITMO
SHIVATREE”

Now that new version of Dancing Galaxy would be interesting to hear. Really hope it’s dreamy/trancey and somewhat faithful to the original. And at the same time, adding something new and unexpected. 

Who knows maybe it’s a track from the new album? If anyone from here attends the party let us know how the track sounded. :D 

• 1 year later...

Yesssss. That's what I've been missing. More more moreeeeee 

Although it's a rather simple track and the main melody gets a bit tiresome after a while but idc, new astral music in a time like this feels like a blessing. Does this mean the album is just 10 years away now??? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, astralprojection said:

Yesssss. That's what I've been missing. More more moreeeeee 

Although it's a rather simple track and the main melody gets a bit tiresome after a while but idc, new astral music in a time like this feels like a blessing. Does this mean the album is just 10 years away now??? 

Exactly. Agree about the track. Want a honest opinion? Astral Projection haven't released an album since 2014, that's 8 years now, and that was an album of remixes. 

If I am not mistaken, the last album they released producing original tracks was released in 2006, that's 16 years ago.

Astral Projection have stated they would release an album in 2020, that's already two years... my honest opinion: I don't care one bit anymore. It's fine to tease your audience but waiting so long has a negative effect. When Astral Projection will release their next album in 2028, I bet hardly anyone will care anymore.

And yes, the track is quite generic. 

My opinion sounds harsh because at the end of the day, they do what they want, I mean they are accountable to nobody. I am just sharing my own feelings. 

Astral Projection "Into the Void" - AWESOME! I completely love this beautiful track with its apt samples, clear and direct structure, subtle bubbling details, harmonic pads, and chill-inducing melody - all leading to a powerful emotional and psychedelic experience for the listener, whatever their state of mind. For me, this track feels like being sucked into the void on a tractor beam of inevitability, suggesting that the artists integrated form and content. The sense of inevitability can come from lack of innovation, but in this case it arises from a zen simplicity that is deeply elegant and sophisticated, hiding the patient craft of decades. Almost all great art has this feeling of inevitability about it. Hence I appreciate the fact that Astral Projection have not changed their style; this track could easily be from 95. Change is good, but so is continuity if you have a winning formula. We can call this generic, but these guys created the genre. We travel into the void in the hands of the masters... ~*~

They still travel the world with their music and obviously not focused on releasing new material. The effort is probably unjustified from the financial point of view. They seem to be doing fine without it.

The new track is nice  and that's about it. Good to see them back nevertheless.

• 4 months later...

Their latest track was released yesterday by Tip Records, and it's a collaboration between Astral Projection and Oforia, and it's just excellent. Let's hope there's more tracks like this one on the mythical upcoming album.

• Thanks 1