Astral Projection new album

I have listened to vast amount of Psy/Goa trance tracks for more than 15 years, but Astral Projection's old tracks make me to consider them as the best in the genre, in terms of depth, harmony, theme development, production level and feelings they bring. I think their old albums are absolutely enough for lifetime respect of this artists. Their music isn't just another boom boom of 4/4 beat, but it's a fantastic trip to mind blowing sound dimensions.

Can't say the same about some of their new tracks, but I do understand why that happened, so it's really OK.

...since their album "Amen" and the Astral Projection EP Parts, these tracks have been produced

Back From Hell

Mahamudra

The Prophecy

One

Open Society

Humans Will Play For Robots

The History Of War

We Have The Technology

Joy

and some remixes of the aforementioned

coming up the remixes of 1200 Mics - Shiva's India & The Infinity Project - Feeling Very Weird

&

Tears in rain

Well, the aforementioned could make an album, but nothing more than ranging from israeli morning full on to club eurotrance.

It seems also that there is a flat in productivity, maybe due to a lack of inspiration or to fatigue.

So, what else to expect now?

Undoubtedly, AP is a mainstream group now and appealing to a larger spectrum of audience, and probably this isn't going to change, fortunately or unfortunately.

But it would be really nice, if they still have the goa vibe, to restore another of their projects like SFX or Iridium, and release gems or EPs from time to time, ranging from goa to psytrance.

I find one and back from hell some pretty good tracks. Especially back from hell is a very nice track, but some of their new tracks are really shitty, like Opensociety, I really donÄ't like that track, it is really the ugliest form of full on and I don#t know how Astral projection is not ashamed to call that Astral projection, that really makes me wonder, but it is how it is. I hope the new album will contain some good goa tracks, some tracks that are as good as back from hell at least would be v ery nice.

Guest neurogen

I find one and back from hell some pretty good tracks. Especially back from hell is a very nice track, but some of their new tracks are really shitty, like Opensociety, I really donÄ't like that track, it is really the ugliest form of full on and I don#t know how Astral projection is not ashamed to call that Astral projection, that really makes me wonder, but it is how it is. I hope the new album will contain some good goa tracks, some tracks that are as good as back from hell at least would be v ery nice.

agree, open society was pretty shitty! The sample they used (ovER AND over btw) was also very very bad.

Comon... US politics doesnt belong in goatrance :facepalm: even if the message is pretty valid, still it doesnt belong imo.

Back from hell is wicked good!

I LovE the matrix sample they used in that one. epicnesszz

Also I am one of those few who really love Amen.

At first listen - I thought "aww WTF" since their previous albums had that typical Astral sound.

So yeah, I was disappointed like the rest of you.

But then I started to think of Amen as they want us to think , a new style, a new beginning, a new sound!

And for me, that is ok.

They gave us 4 wonderful cds with the Astral sound - so why not get us some upgrades.

Really - its not a bad thing. To repeat again a 5th album would be.

So yeah, i started to listen to Amen in a different mindset and boom. Amazing!

The production is CRYSTAL clear, sound quality is amaazing. First of all.

Secondly, most of the tracks are reaally good.

Infinite Justice, Techno Drome, Nexus just to name a few.

There are one track though, which is really bad, and its Sticks and stones (or whatever it is called)

But still, a very very good cd.

I think you guys should give it another chance imho...

topic:

I hope new album is in the style of Back To Hell rather than open society :S

If its like open society EP I will not buy it, simple as that. MP3 will do.

True, Back From Hell is a nice and decent tune, a reminiscent from the Amen sound with old israeli influences.

It would be great to see them coming back to this sound and evolving it. Back from hell, Amen, Another World and beyond.

And if they can't anymore under AP's name, then SFX is a great alternative.

Of course, if they have the desire and the will to compose, to create. Otherwise all of us, we're just star counting......

• 2 weeks later...

First hour is old stuff, then:

Astral Projection - Tears In Rain

Astral Projection Feat. Fatali - The History Of War

Blue Planet Corporation - Overbloody Flood (Astral Projection Remix)

All fully played, ~10mins each. Absolutely amazing.

AP seem like quite weird union these days:

-most of oldies are sick and tired of playing their Goa tunes so they are producing mostly full on and playing that for the most part at parties, right?

-yet AP havent produced much recent sounds so they are sort of "forced" to play their old tunes no matter if its Goa crowd, full on crowd or just fucked up druggies at your generic rave party

-at the same time, AP seems to be playing all of their sets from either mp3 players or laptops running pre-made sequences with no actual live sound alterations done on the fly, thus making this your typical press-play-act like youre doing something performance.

So, yeah, summing that all up, Id say its weird that they have been able to play their old tunes for all these years and at the same time putting little to no effort in making them sound different each time they play.

Money only?

AP seem like quite weird union these days:

-most of oldies are sick and tired of playing their Goa tunes so they are producing mostly full on and playing that for the most part at parties, right?

-yet AP havent produced much recent sounds so they are sort of "forced" to play their old tunes no matter if its Goa crowd, full on crowd or just fucked up druggies at your generic rave party

-at the same time, AP seems to be playing all of their sets from either mp3 players or laptops running pre-made sequences with no actual live sound alterations done on the fly, thus making this your typical press-play-act like youre doing something performance.

So, yeah, summing that all up, Id say its weird that they have been able to play their old tunes for all these years and at the same time putting little to no effort in making them sound different each time they play.

Money only?

I disagree. What button they play live does not matter. But I concede their recent work is boring and generic.

I disagree. What button they play live does not matter. But I concede their recent work is boring and generic.

Ok, but do they still feel it, or for them now their previous work is boring and generic?

If you pay ticket for live, you should get some live tweaks(EQ doesnt count, mmkay) and not just play-stop on Ipod :lol:

But whatever, apparently some people dont hold value in all this shanti shanti stuff and just want to see their pop idols on the scene so they can worship some more ;)

Guest neurogen

ive seen them live 2 times, last time was in 2004 i think. they have been just as boring every time, just playing from a dat, no live sequencing what so ever. they just added some keyboard stabs every now and then..

but hell, its astral , it was awesome none the less

ive seen them live 2 times, last time was in 2004 i think. they have been just as boring every time, just playing from a dat, no live sequencing what so ever. they just added some keyboard stabs every now and then..

but hell, its astral , it was awesome none the less

i hope it was free?

surely people don't pay real currency for that rubbish!

Guest neurogen

i hope it was free?

surely people don't pay real currency for that rubbish!

im sure alot of people payed money to dance to astral projection live, even if they just where pushing a button.

i for one did :)

it was kinda magical when Dancing Galaxy remix came on.

Guest neurogen

I would never pay any money to see my favorite band/project gig on 'playback'. That sucks!

I gladly did just that. Was awesome to be able to see the artist that turned you on to the genre, live.

even though they just played from dat, very disappointing, it was still VERY much worth the 25 euro or so it cost back then.

it didnt suck, at all.

sure, it would be epic awesome if they had live versions and did live sequencing but they didnt. still awesome.

AP has been the target of a criticism that I think it's hypocrit, at the least. In a lot of forums, there are one or two AP-haters that have banging on the duo about not playing "live", playing from this or that source, etc...It is hypocrit for two reasons: First, electronic music was never a genre to be played live. I have a friend who thought his dream came true when he went to a New Order show, one of the last with the superb Gillian Gilbert on the synths. What happened is that they indeed played live: each one playing a side instrument besides some pre-sequenced ones. What happened is that you couldn't recognize any of the songs, not even the legendary ones. He swears that Blue Monday and Bizarre Love Triangle were not played, it was impossible. But they were played, indeed. Second: thank God that the majority of electronic artists know that and they don't do monkeyish things with instruments that sound good only in the studio. So, it's unfair to call AP live "fake", for everybody plays pre-sequenced instruments. I wonder why the video with the great UvanTam in the party section is not target of such criticism, for he is doing exactly what AP does.

What really matters to me in a live show is to see them close, and I DO want to hear exactly what I play at home. I do not want to distract my attention and keep trying to figure out if they're playing "Utopia" or "Amen", as happened to my friend.

So, please, let's grow up about this. This sort of criticism I highly associate with bored teenagers with synths in their bedrooms or wanna-be failed artists.

Guest neurogen

AP has been the target of a criticism that I think it's hypocrit, at the least. In a lot of forums, there are one or two AP-haters that have banging on the duo about not playing "live", playing from this or that source, etc...It is hypocrit for two reasons: First, electronic music was never a genre to be played live. I have a friend who thought his dream came true when he went to a New Order show, one of the last with the superb Gillian Gilbert on the synths. What happened is that they indeed played live: each one playing a side instrument besides some pre-sequenced ones. What happened is that you couldn't recognize any of the songs, not even the legendary ones. He swears that Blue Monday and Bizarre Love Triangle were not played, it was impossible. But they were played, indeed. Second: thank God that the majority of electronic artists know that and they don't do monkeyish things with instruments that sound good only in the studio. So, it's unfair to call AP live "fake", for everybody plays pre-sequenced instruments. I wonder why the video with the great UvanTam in the party section is not target of such criticism, for he is doing exactly what AP does.

What really matters to me in a live show is to see them close, and I DO want to hear exactly what I play at home. I do not want to distract my attention and keep trying to figure out if they're playing "Utopia" or "Amen", as happened to my friend.

So, please, let's grow up about this. This sort of criticism I highly associate with bored teenagers with synths in their bedrooms or wanna-be failed artists.

kinda disagree a bit..

When I saw Hallucinogen live it was truly amazing cus he sequenced his tracks live. For example he blended alot of tracks into eachother, played medleys, etc. Something you will never hear on a CD cus he is doing it live.

kinda disagree a bit..

When I saw Hallucinogen live it was truly amazing cus he sequenced his tracks live. For example he blended alot of tracks into eachother, played medleys, etc. Something you will never hear on a CD cus he is doing it live.

IMO, this is not live, this is mixing tracks with pre-sequenced pieces, this piece may be known or not by the general public. What some artists do is to create a piece exclusive to live acts, but it's does not make the show live at all. Live is what Juno Reactor does, and not completely. This piece thing is easy to do, I myself did this with three tracks.

Guest neurogen

IMO, this is not live, this is mixing tracks with pre-sequenced pieces, this piece may be known or not by the general public. What some artists do is to create a piece exclusive to live acts, but it's does not make the show live at all. Live is what Juno Reactor does, and not completely. This piece thing is easy to do, I myself did this with three tracks.

Ok i guess we have different interprations of what "live" means. Mixing tracks with pre sequenced pieces is till live to me. This is EDM, there is no live instruments in the mix here. You do the best u can with what u have.

And you dont wanna create a whole new track on stage.

U wanna play the legends but you also wanna make it special for the audience.

that is as live as it gets for me. But hey, lets agree to disagree.